FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Free level 85 characters from Oct 1st - Oct 15 !!!!!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nexxusofa178

Post Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:13 pm

Free level 85 characters from Oct 1st - Oct 15 !!!!!

That's right, you can create new instant lvl 85 characters, or upgrade one of your existing ones!!!

From https://www.everquest2.com/news/everquestii-heroic-producer-letter
"For a limited time, players can create a Heroic Character for free. Oct. 1 until Oct. 15 is our “Hero’s Call” event which invites new players to create one free new Heroic Character per household. Existing accounts can create or upgrade to a Heroic Character for free too!"

Time to break out all those former EQ2 accounts and start boxing again in style with some fresh 85s!

Also, the FAQ:
https://www.everquest2.com/news/everquest2-heroic-characters-faq
<<

gylnne

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:59 pm

Re: Free level 85 characters from Oct 1st - Oct 15 !!!!!

I wondered when some company was going to do this.

Many ppl would like to play a game with friends but don't
want to wait for months while they catch up to their friends
toon lvl.

I will be very surprised if this doesn't work very well for Sony
in picking up not only new players but new subscribers.
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:44 pm

Update -

Sony also announced this today:

We are thrilled to announce that we are removing the item restrictions from both Free and Silver accounts. No more item-unlocking! We felt that the restrictions weren't in keeping with a positive experience so we removed it!

This is going to be VERY nice to roll some extra toons to box with.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:28 pm

If I were going to make a new set of level 85 characters for a rainy day, what might be a good set of classes to make?
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:25 pm

Great question. This is very subjective and could even lead to the mother of all flame wars if the passionate EQ2ers amongst us get involved. Therefore I'm answering this based off my experience AND as it relates to boxing. In other words, the assassin class is one of the highest classes of DPS in the game. But you're always having to go in and out of stealth and position yourself to the rear or flanking a mob - therefore it's not an easy class to box with.

So keeping that in mind, I would say a great 4 man team would be as follows:

Tank Shadowknight (SKs are pretty OP right now, Pally is good alternative)

Healer Warden (good HOTs - which makes it easy - almost like a "set it and forget it" healer - just fire off the heals and let them do their work over time)

Scout DPS Ranger (great ranged attacks and doesn't have to be as positional based like many of the other scout classes)

Mage DPS Wizzy or Warlock (Warlock is AOE, Wizzy is single target - if you spec Ranger for good single target dps, you can balance this by taking warlock for aoe)

If you wanted to add a couple of others for a full 6 man group, I would go:

Utility Illusionist for Mezzing and power regen

2nd healer Templar (balances pretty well with Warden with reactive heals for combating spike damage)
<<

Kyphexler

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:49 am

I am playing on the permafrost server. Would love to have everyone on my same server to bounce questions off of. Character name is kyphexler. Look me up, join my guild. Can help out with learning the game and classes.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:40 am

Thanks for the info regarding a workable group for boxing.
<<

theukmoog

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:14 am

What on earth does the "per household" mean in the OP quote?

I got the mail this morning as I played EQ2 before WoW launched but only ever had one account - tempted to get myself a L85, even if I don't MB the game.
RIFT - 5-boxing | EVE - 0-boxing... CCP go DIAF!
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:15 pm

Yeah, that's some strange wording from SOE for sure and has caused much confusion. Here's what I found by reading DEV posts and what others have tried:

If you had one or more EQ2 account(s) (or SOE account) that was created prior to Sep 22, 2013, then EACH account gets 1 free lvl 85 character. So for example, if every member of your 5 person family created 3 EQ2 accounts each back when it went free to play a couple of years ago, then your household could create 15 new FREE lvl 85 characters today. This applies to any level of account - bronze that you've never spent a penny on, or All access.

The only ONE lvl 85 character per household rule is in effect for NEW EQ2/SOE accounts created anytime after Sep 22nd. This was to curtail someone creating a bunch of brand new accounts and rolling an army of lvl 85 characters.

Now, as to how they are enforcing the "one per household" rule is anyone's guess. The DEVs said they are purposely not saying how the rule works so as to avoid people trying to get around it.

So for theukmoog, you could create a new EQ2 account and get your one free lvl 85 character on that for your "household". And then you could also get a free lvl 85 on your old/existing EQ2 account and have a total of 2 free 85s and be within the acceptable "limit". I'm sure you could probably take a different computer/laptop to a coffee shop, create a new account, and create an additional free 85 as well, but that all remains to be seen/tried/tested.

Oh and of course you can buy an unlimited amount of lvl 85 characters on any number of accounts for 3500 station cash each ($35).
<<

Lyonheart

Post Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 am

nexxusofa178 wrote:Yeah, that's some strange wording from SOE for sure and has caused much confusion. Here's what I found by reading DEV posts and what others have tried:

If you had one or more EQ2 account(s) (or SOE account) that was created prior to Sep 22, 2013, then EACH account gets 1 free lvl 85 character. So for example, if every member of your 5 person family created 3 EQ2 accounts each back when it went free to play a couple of years ago, then your household could create 15 new FREE lvl 85 characters today. This applies to any level of account - bronze that you've never spent a penny on, or All access.

The only ONE lvl 85 character per household rule is in effect for NEW EQ2/SOE accounts created anytime after Sep 22nd. This was to curtail someone creating a bunch of brand new accounts and rolling an army of lvl 85 characters.

Now, as to how they are enforcing the "one per household" rule is anyone's guess. The DEVs said they are purposely not saying how the rule works so as to avoid people trying to get around it.

So for theukmoog, you could create a new EQ2 account and get your one free lvl 85 character on that for your "household". And then you could also get a free lvl 85 on your old/existing EQ2 account and have a total of 2 free 85s and be within the acceptable "limit". I'm sure you could probably take a different computer/laptop to a coffee shop, create a new account, and create an additional free 85 as well, but that all remains to be seen/tried/tested.

Oh and of course you can buy an unlimited amount of lvl 85 characters on any number of accounts for 3500 station cash each ($35).

I can confirm this. I have not played for months now, but I have 10+ accounts and have created a level 85 on every one of them. Im not sure ill ever play again.. but i wanted to get the guys made. I loved EQ2 btw. But atm im loving FFXIV ARR and will give ESO and EQN a shot when they come out in the next year+ . And like many of us.. ill be back and forth to WoW 8).

I wanted to also state that i have 6 boxed this game and last time i just 3 boxed with 3 mercenaries, both work great. If you have the power to play 6, i think that would be ideal. If i ever play again, i will play 6 .. and it would be SK tank..Warden and Templar healers..Wizard SDPS ( might do conj here ), Warlock AoE DPS, Troub( caster friendly bard ).
Next

Return to EverQuest 2