FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't load char set (won't bypass patcher)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

grimgolem2

Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:04 pm

Can't load char set (won't bypass patcher)

I'm using the Non-stream client. The game loads fine and bypasses the patcher when I use the default no patch option. It however does not bypass the patcher when I launch my character set. I have made absolutely sure 10 different times that the "no patch" option is selected when I use the character setup for every single toon. I even tried deleting the entire game profiles and remaking my own instead of the default ones. I also ensured that innerspace was pointing to the no patch executable.

I've been messing with this for hours and still can't figure out why I cannot load my team (across multiple computers) and bypass the patcher.

http://www.privatepaste.com/073ddc95a3
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:04 pm

Re: Can't load char set (won't bypass patcher)

Your configuration shows the Game Profiles that your EQ2 characters are launching are:
1. EverQuest2 Default Profile
2. EverQuest II Default Profile

Neither of those include "No Patch". Go into the top left pane in ISBoxer and expand "Characters" and select each of your EQ2 characters. Make sure the Game and Game Profile settings match what you're launching manually to bypass the launcher through the Inner Space menu. Maybe the 11th time is the charm? :)
<<

grimgolem2

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:43 pm

I got this fixed the other day. If I run the character set wizard and select the "no patch" option for each character, it does not save that option, it defaults back to the default profile. When I clicked each individual character that's when I discovered it was running the default profile instead of the no patch I selected in the wizard.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:07 pm

grimgolem2 wrote:I got this fixed the other day. If I run the character set wizard and select the "no patch" option for each character, it does not save that option, it defaults back to the default profile

Okay. So the crux of the problem is that you're selecting existing Characters during the wizard, and altering the existing Character by selecting the different profile during the wizard is not saving back to that Character. I'll see what I can do.

Next time you want to alter existing Characters, the best way to do so is by selecting it in the top left pane under Characters. :)

Return to EverQuest 2