FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Nothing works....

Moderator: MiRai

<<

djpz13

Post Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:42 pm

Nothing works....

Ive watched Ditches video and no matter how many times I watch it and follow the steps, I cant get anything to work.

All I wanted to do was a simple /follow macro set up to my 8 key. No matter how I set things up, the keypress never gets broadcasted to my 2nd charecter. I have followed the steps exactly and nothing is working. Is there a step by step guide on how to get this program to work?

Edit: I can also never get my windows to look like Ditches either. I saw under the quick wizard where it asks you how you would like your windows arranged, but it never arranges them like that. There is probably something very simple that I am missing, but after going over the video step by step 6x and nothing working, Im ready to quit.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: Nothing works....

There's lots of guides on the site, including videos. Getting it to just launch the game correctly really is just a 5 minute operation at most, you should have asked sooner. Show me your configuration and I'll see whats up. See this sticky for how to do that: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13
<<

Bloodytrailz

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:35 pm

I'm pretty new to boxer myself, but this is something i CAN help with:

Here's what i did:

Follow Macro:

Make a macro in game ( O key) that has: /follow (Target Name) or just /follow (will require a target selected)
Place that on a hotbar somewhere (i used hotbar 2, slot 12 on all my accounts)
Go into options > Controls > Hotkey Settings
-Set the hotbar button you used to some unused button (I used INSERT)

Go to ISboxer and create the macro:
Create keymap: Follow (name it whatever)
Create new key: Follow (name it whatever)
Click on the new key and make sure you give it a hotkey (this is the button used to ACTIVATE the script, so for you, make sure it's 8 )
Now go into Steps and make a new Keystroke Action
-Target All window w/o current (or w/ current which is what i used)
-Tell game to press INSERT key

Now click on your used character set on the top portion of ISboxer
Drag the newly created keymap down to the bottom left portion of the screen to add it to that character set
Save, and Export to innerspace

^^^
This might be overcomplicating it, since i'm new...but yeah, i play EQ2, i 4 box, and it works to simealtaneously follow all my toons

Hope this helped ^^;
<<

drakhan2002

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:06 pm

I have the same problem. I am simply trying to use 2 accounts on the same PC.

My questions:

(1) Can I use the Sony Station Launcher to launch each individual instance of the game?

(2) Which one is the "first" instance? I used Ditches video, but they are lacking in the section of what to do after you configure ISBoxer. He simply configures ISBoxer, then says "launch EQ2"...nothing else is needed?

(3) How do I get my screen to look like Ditches? My are two separate windows.
<<

drakhan2002

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:08 pm

Once I figured out that I had to right-click on the ISBoxer icon notification area (where the time display is), choose "IS Boxer Character Sets" and then my character set, I was in business.

Geesh. It would have been great if that video from Ditches showed that one critical step.
<<

Bloodytrailz

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:35 pm

drakhan2002 wrote:I have the same problem. I am simply trying to use 2 accounts on the same PC.

My questions:

(1) Can I use the Sony Station Launcher to launch each individual instance of the game?
No, you can't launch it via station launcher

(2) Which one is the "first" instance? I used Ditches video, but they are lacking in the section of what to do after you configure ISBoxer. He simply configures ISBoxer, then says "launch EQ2"...nothing else is needed?
I only watched the first bit of the video, cuz i didn't really like it, i'd rather figure it out with my own style, but the "first" instance probably refers to the main window being played

(3) How do I get my screen to look like Ditches? My are two separate windows.
He may have used picture-in-picture, i think it has something to do with the layout editor and forcing that window to always be on top even tho u arent playing it, and or do what i do, but again, i didn't watch the whole movie so i can't tell you for certain

Also regarding number 2:
After putting in your character set, make sure you have characters loaded onto them as well (common mistake i've made before =X), on ISBoxer, under File, hit Export to innerspace.
To launch the games, right click innerspace, go to character sets and click the one you want to launch.

I would make my own video guide, but i dont have registered fraps anymore, and i don't really like to talk through my mic unless its people ive known for years xD kinda voice shy :P

Return to EverQuest 2