FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Poor Response Performance in Combat Only

Moderator: MiRai

<<

celox

Post Wed May 01, 2013 10:21 pm

Poor Response Performance in Combat Only

Hi Lax/All,

I've been boxing EQ2 successfully for several months but now that I'm getting into the higher level content it's become increasingly difficult to tolerate the "lag" between keypress and execution.

I think this could be a setup issue but I'm not certain that it is. I only experience the "lag" between keypress/mouse click in combat with several npcs - so, many particle effects, animations, etc. firing at the same time.

Has anyone else experienced this - if so, is there a solution?

i7-2600K w/32gbs ram (2133mhz) - samsung 540 pro SSD - 2x 7970s in crossfire (probably not beneficial for this game)

Please let me know if you need more info.

Here's a link to my config - http://pastebin.com/squhVkBu
<<

Skarling

Post Thu May 02, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Poor Response Performance in Combat Only

I had a somewhat similar issue -

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3065&p=13386#p13386

Try changing your DPS keys' option "Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is pressed" to "On" (from default "Off") to see if it helps.
<<

celox

Post Thu May 02, 2013 6:37 pm

Actually, that sounds like exactly the same issue!

Thanks! I'll give it a shot
<<

celox

Post Thu May 02, 2013 10:48 pm

Unfortunately this did not fix the issue... it seems to occur more commonly with metakeys+number keys vs just numbers
<<

Skarling

Post Fri May 03, 2013 2:44 pm

another thing I did was to provide some "breathing room" for EQ2 to process incoming keypresses by setting "do not advance to next step" to 0.5 to 0.7 seconds for each step in keymaps that are being spammed during combat and ticking "do only once". yet another thing to have in mind is that EQ2 appears to react favorably to: if you have steps that require more than one action sending Meta+key (like Ctrl+1) its best to set these actions as separate keymaps. For example for a step like

Step1
Does x -> Ctrl+1
Does y -> Ctrl+2

I create two new keymaps, one that does -> Ctrl+1, and the other Does y -> Ctrl+2 (call them anything, lets say XCTRL1 and XCTRL2)

and then I modify my original keymap to be

Step1
Do XTRL1
Do XTRL2

good luck, Eq2 apparently has an unusual way in which it treats commands being sent to server too often, since some GU50+ something, I think I saw a post about them compaining about abusing macro spam usage by users.
<<

celox

Post Sat May 04, 2013 9:34 am

haaha.. yeah i guess i would be seen as spamming them. i'm pushing the buttons constantly because of the different casting times etc.

i was hoping with isboxer 41 i could use the dps rotation and set up actual groups etc for casters/melee and such

hopefully that will help!

Thanks for all your input!

Return to EverQuest 2