FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FPS hit when using IB

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu May 09, 2013 10:45 am

Re: FPS hit when using IB

Skarling wrote:I can now confirm that the above issue with Everquest 2 and Isboxer is caused by stereoscopic 3-d nVidia driver. I was making a clean install of video drivers and after the installation I launched EQ2 before I enabled stereo-3d in nVidia control panel. Surprisingly there was almost no FPS loss with menus enabled. However, once I enabled stereo 3d driver (it goes through a wizard when you enable it for the first time after a new driver install), the issue was back. If I turn it off now in panel, the issue still remains. Even after I turned off the nVidia stereoscopic 3-d driver process in "System" and set it to "manual" from "auto", it is all the same.

Moreover, I have tested Menus on my second PC which is not stereo-3d capable and there is very small FPS loss with menus on.

I've no idea what exactly happens and why EQ2 is the only game that reacts so violently to Isboxer overlays once s3d has been ebabled, but here it is.

That does help to know! I will see what I can find out, thank you for the details
<<

Skarling

Post Thu May 09, 2013 11:48 am

Re: FPS hit when using IB

Yep, just re-confirmed it rolling back from beta video drivers to whql: This is taken before the stereo driver is enabled for the first time after the driver is installed

FPS is quite normal, even with images on party heal menu buttons
Previous

Return to EverQuest 2