FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follow and Assist

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bacon

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:09 pm

Follow and Assist

As I am watching some videos and reading through the various sources of information I have the following questions. Since Mariah made the video guide variable keystrokes 101 some things in EQ2 have changed. EQ2 does now offer and in game hot button for follow, and I have to ask could I not just make a macro to assis and follow vice usisng variable ketstrokes, which id more efficitent? For example make an in game macro that looks like

/target %t
/Follow
/assist %t

Or any combination of the above as either one macro or breaking it up into two. Then makeing the same across all accounts so as to hit whatever key on the main slot, slot 1 I think it is called, to cause all the group to replaicate at the same time. Again this may not be the more efficient method so please say so if it isn't or if its just plain dumb :?: Heck there may even be ISboxer hot keys for this stuff available through a set up wizard that I just haven't discovered yet.
<<

BobTheBoxer

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:20 pm

Re: Follow and Assist

I know this is rather late so not sure if it still applies.

bacon wrote:As I am watching some videos and reading through the various sources of information I have the following questions. Since Mariah made the video guide variable keystrokes 101 some things in EQ2 have changed. EQ2 does now offer and in game hot button for follow, and I have to ask could I not just make a macro to assis and follow vice usisng variable ketstrokes, which id more efficitent? For example make an in game macro that looks like

/target %t
/Follow
/assist %t

Or any combination of the above as either one macro or breaking it up into two. Then makeing the same across all accounts so as to hit whatever key on the main slot, slot 1 I think it is called, to cause all the group to replaicate at the same time. Again this may not be the more efficient method so please say so if it isn't or if its just plain dumb :?: Heck there may even be ISboxer hot keys for this stuff available through a set up wizard that I just haven't discovered yet.

I use an 'invite' macro on the tank and a 'follow' macro on all other characters in the party and then place the macros all in the same place on the tank and other characters hotbars so when I use the mouse repeater so the tank will send the invites, characters will target the tank, accept the invites, and then put the tank on follow. The 'follow' macro is set up like this:

/target <tank name>
/accept
/follow <tank name>

I use the tab button a lot so I don't use the %t option and hard code the tank's name in the macro. Since they're targeting the tank I don't worry about using the assist command either. I throw the /accept command in there to cut down on macros. Negative side to that is on the tank's screen you'll see "so and so is already in your party" and on the other characters you see something like "there is nothing to accept" in the chat dialogue box. I use /target before /follow in case I'm not paying attention to detail and the others get stuck or fall behind by using /target first they'll target the mob, do any attacking necessary, and then start running. If you use %t instead of hard coding the target's name it can get you in trouble if you use the tab key to target mobs. When you have the repeater on and press the tab key everyone could end up targeting a different character or mob.

Hope this helps some.

Return to EverQuest 2