FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

which client

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bacon

Post Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:49 pm

which client

If I recall when SOE dumped the old launch pad we were given the option to use the streaming client or not to. When I try to set up ISBoxer via the wizard it asks Everquest II with or with out the straming client, how do I find out which one I chose, or does it even matter?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:32 am

Re: which client

This is sort of answered in EQ2 Quick Start Guide: Before configuring ISBoxer. If you're doing the Free to Play client, it is Streaming.
<<

bacon

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:18 pm

No I'm not F2P, been playing this since beta, been gold ever since they switched to that format. Honestly I just guessed, I hope I chose right, been working on this answer for three days and I ate most of my 7 day trial trying to figure it out. My latest problem is a fatal error with the pixel shader when I try to run ISboxer w/eq2, posted my error on the SOE forums and awaiting a response.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:18 pm

My latest problem is a fatal error with the pixel shader when I try to run ISboxer w/eq2, posted my error on the SOE forums and awaiting a response.

That happens when you pick the wrong one for your client... did you try the other?
<<

bacon

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:28 pm

No, out of fear that I would break something. I just did it though and it worked just fine! Well I got everyone logged in without an issue, now to actually learn how to use it and do some thing. For starters how to delete the character set that is under the wrong eq2 client. I'll have to mess with that tomorrow though if I have time.

THANKS!!!!!

Return to EverQuest 2