FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Full screen windowed mode?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nexxusofa178

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:26 pm

Full screen windowed mode?

Most of the newer games these days have full screen windowed mode (like D3, Swtor and Guild Wars 2). So by enabling this, I don't see the window borders at the top, nor do I see the start button or task bar at the bottom. And I can easily and quickly alt-tab to a webbrowser or other app.

I just recently started back playing EQ2 and noticed it only has full screen OR windowed. I tried several things to get it to be on my whole screen, but it just never worked. No matter what I did, the start button and task bar were always showing.

I then fired up ISBoxer and created a new solo character set (with no swapping or boxing capabilities needed). I then set a window layout that was basically a full screen region with border style set to none. This accomplished what I wanted, but I did seem take about a 10 FPS hit when running it.

I also tried WinEQ 2.0 Pro thinking this wouldn't be as bad on my FPS, but I didn't see a way to do a full screen layout where the task bar/start button didn't show.

Anyone have any suggestions or the proper way to enable full screen windowed mode in EQ2?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Re: Full screen windowed mode?

This accomplished what I wanted, but I did seem take about a 10 FPS hit when running it.

If you mean a hit in comparison to EQ2 in full screen mode then this is expected. My understanding is that any game running in a window, either natively or through ISBoxer, will take a hit to FPS because it is no longer in the exclusive full screen mode.
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Full screen windowed mode?

I'm sorry, I meant a hit to running in windowed mode like I had been. I never run it in full screen mode.

If I run EQ2 in windowed mode without using ISBoxer, I have the taskbar at the bottom I can't get rid of.

If I run EQ2 (with the same settings as above) but use ISBoxer to start it up with my screen layout, its just like full screen windowed mode (without the taskbar and all), but I take the FPS hit.

Return to EverQuest 2