FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New ISBoxer user: Immediate Crashing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mugglewump

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:31 pm

New ISBoxer user: Immediate Crashing

I've tried pretty much everything I can think of (and things suggested by current ISX users) but no luck.

When I attempt to launch Everquest 2 from the Inner Space system tray icon the screen goes black temporarily and then I get a message indicating that the Everquest 2 client has crashed. There is no information provided beyond that - no debugs, etc. just an indication that it crashed.

I have found various items scanning forums to try and none of them fixed the issue (some of them made it worse and required a system restart to un-fix). I am running Inner Space as Administrator, etc. - so it isn't something simple.

I'm at a loss on where to look at this point. I don't have problems with any other application running on my machine and EQ2 runs just fine when I don't start it with Inner Space.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:36 pm

Re: New ISBoxer user: Immediate Crashing

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics

Also, are you using the streaming client or the full client? Are you using a patcher profile (Launchpad.exe) or a no-patch profile (Everquest2.exe)?

Note: if you are using the full client and bypassing the launcher you do not need the parameters from the quick start guide. (see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2244#p9494)
<<

Mugglewump

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:20 pm

Full client - no-patch profile.

As for the Diagnostics part - I did all the capturing and such but the step: In the ISBoxer browser toolbar, click the ISBoxer Navigation button and select privatepaste.com Paste Sharing Site
doesn't mean anything to me.

I can't see that option anywhere in ISBoxer, on the site, etc. And attempting to log into the site from within ISBoxer tells me that I don't have a valid account despite logging in here with
a valid account.

I CAN supply the Paste ID c21c05bef0 - if that helps anything.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:05 am

Umm.. okay, sorry that it confused you about the part where you just needed to go to privatepaste.com. I've removed the text about having to find the option in ISBoxer and just left the link to privatepaste.com in those instructions.

But, thank you for providing the diagnostics, that was the important part. ;)

So it looks like the crash problem you're having might be caused by incompatibility with "amBX" (first time I've heard of it). Is this something you can try disabling for now?
<<

Mugglewump

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:18 pm

lax wrote:Umm.. okay, sorry that it confused you about the part where you just needed to go to privatepaste.com. I've removed the text about having to find the option in ISBoxer and just left the link to privatepaste.com in those instructions.

But, thank you for providing the diagnostics, that was the important part. ;)

So it looks like the crash problem you're having might be caused by incompatibility with "amBX" (first time I've heard of it). Is this something you can try disabling for now?

Ah - for some reason that makes a strange kind of sense considering the Ambx stuff always struck me as a bit cludgy anyway. It is the lighting system that used to be put out by Phillips but now exists within Madcatz - essentially it provides ambient lighting for the games you are playing, and since I play in the dark, it is pretty spiffy. Not that you wanted to know any of that, of course, but for future reference. ;p

I'll see if it is something that I can easily disable - but I suspect not - it is a massive pain in the arse to get running under Windows 7 for whatever reason.

Edit: That was indeed the culprit - good sleuthing! Of course, I spent way too much time f'ing around with it over the weekend and trying things suggested by current users before figuring out the proper place to do it here that I've run out of time to trial the product, since I'm back at work all week. C'est la vie. I may just fire up for three months anyway now that it gets into the product without issue when I have some weekend time to dedicate to it. Thanks lax!

Return to EverQuest 2