FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Strange crash message on startup of IS

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Zelzubub

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:57 pm

Strange crash message on startup of IS

Heya Lax and folks,

Today Im having a problem loading Innerspace. I get a crash message when I try and load my squad of toons in EQ2. I was playing EQ2 last night without any problems using Inner Space to box my 4 man team and I think I noticed a patch this morning but either way I get a crash message (Ill screenshot it for you) along with my logs. A few things to know:

EQ2 works fine standing alone using the normal patcher.

Innerspace loads properly, when I click my ISBoxer charectar set from the system tray like usual the first instance pops up then I get the crash message and none of the subsequent instances follow.

Heres the first log file from Hijackthis:

http://privatepaste.com/22bf47c34e

Heres the logfile from the second explanation:

http://privatepaste.com/7ee23a88de

Pic of the crash message:

Im sure your very busy, but Im anxious for a fix :D

Thanks in advance for your time and let me know if theres anything else I can provide that can help resolve the matter.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:22 pm

Re: Strange crash message on startup of IS

<<

Zelzubub

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:18 pm

I tried setting my own game profile using the parameters in your guide but I get the same crash message. I tried setting my 4 toons to No Patch (Streaming) but I still get the same message.

To be clear tho:

- I dont use, nor have any desire to use the streaming client.

- Im not on EQ2X, Im on the normal EQ2 servers if that makes a difference.

- Ive been running ISBoxer everyday for the better of a year flawlessly and this problem just started today, so Im not setting this up for the first time. The only thing thats changed is the IS patch.

- I get the same message if I try and load the game generically through InnerSpace using the No Patch (Streaming) option bypassing my charectar set.

I hope Im just not understanding your guide correctly as I am a bit n00b, but hopefully we can iron this out :D
<<

jbomb175

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:16 am

Sony has been screwing with the launcher again this week and had some issues/fixes problems with it thinking it was streaming when it wasn't set to (and deleting .pak files), etc.

But I do think eq2 is currently broken, if a dev can check it out since the changes to the launcher were just this week.

I had a setup for 6 boxing eq2 set up on Monday working fine, and now today the same exact setup ends with that same error. Oddly, the first client will start ok, the 2nd always fails.

Zelzubub did a good job of describing it, and what I'm getting in 100% exactly the same so hopefully you can take a look. Zel if you figure out a work around pls let me know. I was hoping to get my group leveled a bit in prep of the big content update on Tuesday.

*edit*

I did a bit of playing around, and actually doing the opposite will work (set all to use default profile NOT streaming) - its a pain to spin up all of the clients, but in the end I am able to get in the display format and working even though the streaming profile is broken.
<<

Zelzubub

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:45 am

I havent found a workaround yet, I was trying a bit more last night and this morning but unfortunately Im not super software savvy. I have been playing EQ2 without Inner Space tho and not boxing, so Eq2 works fine, I feel like it has somthing to do with some sort of confliction from the Inner Space patch (Friday?) but Im not sure.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:21 pm

All I have at the moment to test with is the streaming client, and I'm not going to be able to install the full client before I am on the road for about 2 days.

If you think it's related to Inner Space updates, you're more than welcome to try a previous build from the archives: http://www.lavishsoft.com/account/is-archives.php
<<

Zelzubub

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:01 pm

Thanks for the link Lax, Ill try an earlier build this afternoon. Have a safe trip!
<<

Zelzubub

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:24 pm

Trying an earlier version didnt end up working for me, and I tried a few of them. Im really not sure whats gone wrong since nothings changed on my end for the better part of a year, but I still just cant seem to get IS to launch EQ2 properly.

Ive tried re-installing, making new game profiles, pointing IS to the .exe, entering the parameters, and I get the same result everytime, same crash message. I think the solution is beyond my meager understanding of the software, so let me know if theres any other information I can give you.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:18 pm

If it was working previously, and nothing has changed on your end...

I'd imagine their launcher has changed, and Lax will need to look at that.
Once his trip has ended...
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:15 pm

Okay.

This message, in addition to being given if the correct parameters are entered and you're using the Streaming client, now (apparently as of a recent change to EQ2) also appears if you're NOT using the Streaming client and ARE adding the parameters that are for the Streaming client.

So, to bypass the launcher if you're not using the streaming client, do NOT add the parameters from the guide. Just point it at the game client and leave the Parameters box blank.

This has been confirmed with someone who was reporting exactly this issue.
Next

Return to EverQuest 2