FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I am so lost...help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

exsus69

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:25 am

I am so lost...help

I was able to get the game to launch but now when i hit key on one screen it doing the exact same thing on the other screen. How can i move fwd without the other screen moving fwd?

Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:45 am

Re: I am so lost...help

Covered by the FAQ :)
FAQ: Why do my toons move in different directions?

And then go to Quick Start Guide 40, Part 4: Gameplay as a multiboxer a quick crash course, and the section below that "Start customizing" for setting up Hotkeys to broadcast, etc.
<<

exsus69

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:58 am

Ok, I got the part about turning off my broadcaster so my chars are not all over the place but i still confuse how to broadcast commands to my 2nd toon. Is there a step by step kind of guide because i am lost.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:16 am

i still confuse how to broadcast commands to my 2nd toon. Is there a step by step kind of guide because i am lost.

Yes.

and the section below that "Start customizing" for setting up Hotkeys to broadcast, etc.

Here's what the "Start customizing" section has, note that it is full of links, each of them goes to step-by-step information (all on the common modifications page!) on how to do something you might want to know about in the next 30 minutes. One of them might stick out to you :cool:

Customizing your multiboxing setup is something that happens gradually over time, as you learn new things or encounter new content that poses new problems.

* Many of the most common modifications you might want are explained in detail, such as:
** The game's Key Bindings - tell ISBoxer about them in order to enable Formations and Follow and Assist hotkeys
** The game's Action Bars - whether you want to click them or press the Hotkeys, ISBoxer can help you use buttons in each window at the same time
** Window switching - you can set up hotkeys for switching windows, or learn how to replace your Window Layout with Video FX
<<

exsus69

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:25 am

Ok, I went to the link common modification. I went to my slot 2 char and under variable keystrokes i put target slot 1 is now 9.
My slot 2 char has a macro to target and autofollow my slot 1 char on number 9. I hit saved and exported to innner space. Now i went to my slot 1 char window and hit my F1 key (which is target slot1) and nothing happen.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:01 am

Ok, I went to the link common modification. I went to my slot 2 char and under variable keystrokes i put target slot 1 is now 9.
My slot 2 char has a macro to target and autofollow my slot 1 char on number 9. I hit saved and exported to innner space. Now i went to my slot 1 char window and hit my F1 key (which is target slot1) and nothing happen.

I am sad. :( It's fine though, I will help you! :)

I'll try to be more clear. I believe you're trying to make this a lot more complicated than it really is...

Your question was how to "broadcast commands to the second toon". Presumably (99% of the time), this means "I want my second toon to press the 1 key, when I press the 1 key", or something along those lines. It's super easy to set it up so that when you press a key, it also goes to the second toon. It should also be fairly easy to come up with a quick list of which keys you want to work like this, and follow Common modifications: Hotkeys (under "The game's Action Bars") to quickly add them. This involves selecting a Key Map (in the top left pane), then using "Many New Mapped Keys" to have ISBoxer quickly set up many new hotkeys that broadcast to your other window.

If you want your second toon to press a DIFFERENT key than the one you press, you can follow the same process (Many New Mapped Keys as detailed under Common modifications: Hotkeys) and then adjust the Hotkey afterward. That is, you can change the Hotkey you press and not affect the one that gets sent. To do this for any given Mapped Key, select the Key Map containing it in the top left pane, and select the Mapped Key in the bottom left pane. The Hotkey option is then at the top of the bottom right pane.

Had your question been "How do I get my toons to follow and assist me regardless of which window I am leading with at the time", that is where you would want to look at Common modifications: Per-slot Targeting keys and Common modifications: Follow and Assist hotkeys. This is where you tell ISBoxer what keys are used to Target each other character, and what keys are used to FOLLOW YOUR TARGET. Because you have configured a macro that specifically follows a specific player, this section does not apply because the same macro cannot be used to follow another player, just that specific one you put in the macro. This would be for a macro that just does "/follow" and nothing more. Instead, the above section (The game's Action Bars: Hotkeys) applies.

Now i went to my slot 1 char window and hit my F1 key (which is target slot1) and nothing happen.

When you press F1 in any given window, the character in the game should target itself. I would assume you don't have anything configured to happen in ISBoxer when you press F1, this would require a Mapped Key with its Hotkey set to F1. What exactly do you WANT to happen when you press F1?

If you're still lost, and have tried configuring stuff, it would help me to see your configuration in order to tell you how to fix it and make it work like you want. HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support
<<

exsus69

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:29 am

OK ok ok I actually figuring this out....what is round robin within selected target?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:43 am

The Round-robin page explains what this is :)

Imagine you have a full EQ2 team of 6 characters, and that you have a Stun ability on each one, and you're fighting one mob that you want to keep stunning for some reason as you fight. Well, you should basically understand now how you can make all of your guys use that Stun at once -- send a Keystroke to "Window: All w/ current" for example -- but what a waste of everyone's stuns! Simply by checking the "Round-robin within selected Target" box, the same Stun Hotkey that was configured to make ALL windows stun, will instead make ONE window at a time Stun, and automatically rotate to the next guy the next time you press the Hotkey! :)

You can additionally use the "Do not advance" options at the top of your Step (above where you are editing this Action) to control the Round-robin rotation. For example, if you make the options read "Do not advance to the next step for at least 1 seconds", then spamming this Hotkey over and over again will NOT automatically rotate to the next guy the "next time" you hit the Hotkey, UNLESS at least 1 second has passed since the first time you pressed it (on that Step/to send to that guy). This can be a huge help if your ability is on cooldown (not available yet) and you need to hit the key a few times before it's actually ready to activate.
<<

exsus69

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:07 am

ok that make sense...thanks. Last question (for now lol), I using dual monitor and my 2nd char on my 2nd monitor but the graphics have been reduced greatly and it looks crappy. How can i change this?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:02 am

I using dual monitor and my 2nd char on my 2nd monitor but the graphics have been reduced greatly and it looks crappy. How can i change this?

I take it your 2 monitors are different resolutions? And that the second game instance is running at the same resolution as the first, but it looks crappy because the game rendering the larger resolution and ISBoxer making it scale (smaller) to fit the game window? That's what it sounds like from your description, so I'm going with this for now. :)

First things first: If you have multiple monitors and they are different sizes, then you will have to choose between Mouse Broadcasting working perfectly, or the game windows looking perfect at their full and original size.

Option 1.....
The easiest way to make it not look crappy is to have ISBoxer not scale to fit the window. However, by doing so, you will lose perfect Mouse Broadcasting -- so if you need Mouse Broadcasting, you probably do not want to try this:
1. In the top left pane under Window Layouts, select your Window Layout
2. In the right pane in the General tab (selected by default), the second option down is a checkbox that says "Use Instant window swapping (synchronizes game resolutions)". UNCHECK this option to allow the game resolutions to be different (and lose perfect Mouse Broadcasting)
3. Export to Inner Space
4. Certain changes to your Window Layout may not immediately apply if you Export while playing. You can close out the game and re-launch your Character Set if you happen to come across a change that doesn't apply. (Like in this case, it has to change the game's resolution. Whether or not this happens when you Export or if you have to re-launch it may depend on the specific game)

With this option disabled, the differently-sized game windows have the game in different resolutions, and therefore Mouse Broadcasting may not line up.

Option 2.....
The other option is to try adjusting the Aspect Ratio for the second window in your Window Layout to match the main window's ratio. Most of the time when it "looks crappy" due to scaling, it's because it squishes more in one direction than the other. For example, a 16:9 (wide screen) main monitor with a 4:3 (standard aspect) second monitor will look ugly if you want to fill both screens with one game window (and keep Mouse Broadcasting) because scaling a 16:9 window to 4:3 means things will look tall and skinny (since we're cutting out a lot of width). However, if you shrink the window height on the second monitor instead of filling it up, you can maintain your 16:9 aspect ratio. Likewise, you can shrink the window width on the main monitor instead of filling it up to maintain the 4:3 aspect ratio.

To try doing this:
1. In the top pane under Window Layouts, select your Window Layout
2. In the bottom left pane, select "Regions"
3. In the bottom right pane, the Regions can now be clicked and dragged, you can set specific numbers, etc. I can't tell you specific numbers to enter because I don't know about your screens. :) Either click and drag, or manually adjust the numbers, so that "width divided by height" is exactly the same for both Regions.
4. Export to Inner Space
5. Same thing as the previous list of steps -- certain Window Layout changes may not get applied if you Export while playing (most everything else should); it is possible you may need to re-launch your Character Set

Return to EverQuest 2