FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse not in the same place in all windows

Moderator: MiRai

<<

number45

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:12 pm

Mouse not in the same place in all windows

I am trying the ISBoxer for EQ2. I am having problems on one pc where when boxing 4 accounts on one pc the Mouse doesn't go to the same place in every window. I installed this on another pc and the mouse moves to the same place in all windows (Broadcast on).

I have try creating the setup multiple times I am using 4 windows, leave space for task bar and no home zone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
<<

mesmerise

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Mouse not in the same place in all windows

hi, this is something about all screens resolutions need to have the same ratio ? ( i am not sure )
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Two things.

First, for it to be in the same place in all windows, the game itself must be in the same resolution in every window. If it's not, then even if you were to enable a scaling option in ISBoxer for mouse broadcasting, things in the game will just most likely not be in the same place. This is usually fairly easy to enforce by enabling "Instant swapping" in your Window Layout (even if the actual swapping option is set to Never swap; the Instant swapping feature is specifically designed to sync the game resolutions). Make sure to check the in-game video options for differences -- if one instance is set to full screen mode while the others are set to windowed mode, this could cause some discrepancies.

Secondly, some people mistake differences in the game UI for differences in mouse broadcasting. I don't know if EQ2 has this option but WoW and others have a UI scale option that you could potentially have configured differently in one window from another.
<<

number45

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:22 pm

Hello
I wasn't aware that in isBoxer that you could set different resolutions for the windows. Where is the setting for this so I can can check to verify the resolution is the same in all windows?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:30 pm

I told you the two things to check:
1. Make sure you have Instant swapping enabled in your Window Layout (select your Window Layout in the top pane, then it is a check box near the top of the bottom right pane)
2. Check the in-game graphics options panel where resolution, fullscreen/windowed, etc are configured
<<

number45

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:36 pm

Ok I already have it checked for Use instant window swapping (synchronize game ressolutions).

In game is set to windows mode and I selt all 4 of the chars so that they are using the same ingame ui.
<<

number45

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:51 am

Anyone have any other ideas to try to get he mouse show up in the same spot in all windows?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:28 am

That's actually pretty much it.

Here's how you can get me more information about your setup to confirm that it looks right:
HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support

You can also help confirm your windowed mode settings and game resolutions. First, get the game running exactly as it is broken, but you don't need to turn on broadcasting or anything. Then, right click Inner Space and select Console from the menu. The main IS window should pop up, with a Console box in it. In the console, enter the following command (or you can paste in the console box with Ctrl+V or Shift+Insert hotkeys):
Code:
relay all displayinfo

Then each window that's up is going to pass a few lines of information back to the console window you're looking at, and since they're going to all do it at the same time you might not be able to identify specific windows... but, if your mouse does not line up in one window, then inevitably that window is going to show a different resolution here than the other windows. If it does not show a different resolution, then the mouse isn't off, the UI is.

You can copy and paste from the Console if you want to show me the information. Click and drag to highlight a rectangle of text to Copy. It will automatically Copy, you do not need to press a key or right click on it and bring up a menu etc, it just copies what you highlight and the highlight goes away. Also, you can't scroll while doing this dragging. Then just paste here for me. ;)
<<

number45

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:28 am

I deleted everything I had and ran through the setup wizard again with 4 slots with the the main windows on top and the 3 others along the bottom. I only see the mouse in one of the windows and don't see it any of the others at the same time. If I move the mouse around to certain parts of the top windows I might be able to get it to show up in one of the windows on the bottom.

I think I did this right
http://www.privatepaste.com/3a4066b9cc

\====================================================
Session launched (is4): "C:/Sony/EverQuest II/EverQuest2.exe"
Adapter resolution: 2048x1152
Current display mode: 2048x834 (windowed)
Window viewable size: 682x278
Window viewable size: 2048x834
Display Scale: 33.3%x33.3%, Distortion: 0.0%
Display Scale: 100.0%x100.0%, Distortion: 0.0%

When you say ui problem assume your talking in game UI?

Thanks,
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:00 pm

In EQ2, go into User Interface -> Cursor and make sure the software cursor option is not enabled.

As far as showing up, if the display gets reset or it's first launched, you may need to activate each window for the cursor to refresh.
Next

Return to EverQuest 2