FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EQ2] ISBoxer Setup Demo

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ditch

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:40 am

[EQ2] ISBoxer Setup Demo

I'm trying to figure out how to do video's and while this isn't my first, it is my first attempt at instructional. Can someone take a look and let me know what they think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugo7T7AEYvw

Ditch
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:40 am

Re: [EQ2] ISBoxer Setup Demo

I don't play EQ2, so maybe I can contribute more because I know nothing about the game. :)

I would wonder where the 'No Patch' profile came from and why you're using that instead of default on both. When people click on the character slots there are a lot of options to the right besides just assigning CPU affinity. Even though WoW videos touch on these options someone who gets ISBoxer for EQ2 might not even watch the WoW videos so they'd never know. Maybe show you drag and drop things into your character set. That really seems to be coming up more often now for some reason even though Lax's tutorials show you can do this.

Just my two cents before I eat some food. Keep on it man we need more ISBoxer tutorials for other games besides WoW.
<<

Ditch

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:31 am

Thank you for your feedback. I'll try to put it to good use.

Now, on the "No Patch" option comment, that makes sense I'll be sure to include that in an updated video. As for the other items, this was intended as a "quick start" and run video. There will be much more in the future as I piece it together. The "wizard" is as ISBoxer 34 comes and it really is that little to setup and play EQ2 with. When using the wizard, there is no need to drag them into the character set. Perhaps you are speaking of making "keys" part where you build them and attach them; that is my next piece of the video to put together. As for all the other options, they really aren't used by me for the most part, well some are. I'm trying to figure out the order, looking back, at how it would build to a running setup without a lot of looping.

I just hadn't figured out how I could do some things without first doing some video's in game of the character setup's first. In EQ2, there's no macro system like in WOW where ISBoxer can make code to send in. There are no pauses and loops either. So, this is by no means intended as a complete how to and perhaps I should have stated that in my original post clearly. I need more feedback like yours in order to build something together for a new person to be running in short order.

I'm also trying to find software to work with to do this as I really don't want to spend a ton of money for the video/audio recording part. I've never really been much of the teacher to think of the details which might help others. Anyone that can give me constructive feedback like this as I build this would be of great help. Let's consider this a work in progress for now and I want to keep this video simple setup. I personally run 3 and 4 box, but things get tricky in EQ2 to make the other parties doing things. To me, a 2 box is a basic set of keys and such to manage; more advanced people should be able to build on that to a full group or raid.

*heads off with his notes to update video*

Ditch
<<

Ditch

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:50 am

I finally got all the pieces together for a possible guide.

Ditch

Return to EverQuest 2