FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Pls Help! No key map at all!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Capitan Chaos

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:33 pm

Pls Help! No key map at all!

Hello all. I just installed Inner Space + ISBoxer for Eq2 (I want to use it with three clients on 1 pc). The Problem is that Key Map doesn't seem to work at all. I've done the wizard setup. I arranged my windows without any problem. IS manage to launch my three clients, but since that nothing seems to work. No key Map! (not the default ones). I can't open the in game control panel. I can't do anything. Someone in the support chat thinked that the problem may be caused by some different setting about the language/keyboard of the system/ISboxer/EQ2...I'm italian and I'm using an italian keyboard...windows is correctly configured for that...so seems to be Eq2. Any idea!?? Thanks in advance!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:49 am

Re: Pls Help! No key map at all!

The language thing is only an issue if ISBoxer is running in one language, but the game is running in another language. This is very uncommon but not entirely out of the question. You can very easily diagnose whether or not this is causing the problem: In the language settings in Windows, just remove all but one language and then restart ISBoxer and Inner Space, and re-launch your team. If it magically works, then great. ;)

If not, then do the following to help find the problem:
1. Have your Character Set running, don't need to be any further than the login or character select screens in the game
2. Right click IS and select Console. This will bring up the main IS window with a command Console in it
3. In the console window, type or paste the following (via either the Ctrl+V or Shift+Insert hotkeys for Paste):
Code:
relay is1 redirect binds.txt "bind -list;alias -list"

This will tell window #1 to dump its Hotkeys to a file in your Inner Space folder called binds.txt. I need the contents of that file or you can try to look at it for hints as well. You can post it to privatepaste.com and then link it or give the paste ID.
<<

Capitan Chaos

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Thanks for the help!
First solution proposed: I've deleted every other language in Windows setting and now I only have italian (as my keyboard). I don't know if it's possible to set a particular language for my EQ2 (game is EU English, the italian keyboard is correctly accepted).
Anyway...nothing changed :cry: . I don't have any Key map inside the game (nor the default ones).

Second solution: I've copied my Windows key binds inside Inner Space directory. Following there is the link for the Privatepaste page :)

http://privatepaste.com/b0befebffa

Thnaks again for the help :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:59 pm

Okay. From what you've said and from what you've pasted, the default mapped keys from the Quick Setup Wizard are enabled. You can test it by pressing Shift+Alt+M, and you'll see a popup and one of the icons in the upper left corner will change. If that works, then your Key Maps are working fine.

If you want to add broadcasting of keys like 1 through =, these are not mapped by default unless you are playing WoW. You can add them by following EQ2 Quick Start Guide: Quickly add many broadcasting hotkeys

If you've added a new Key Map (as opposed to just adding Mapped Keys to a Key Map), it may just need to be assigned to your Character Set. (Select the Key Map in the top left pane, then click and drag your Character Set from the top left pane into the bottom left pane, then Export) And then this might be relevant as well FAQ: I added a new Key Map but the Key Maps tggle does not disable it?
<<

Capitan Chaos

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:23 am

You can test it by pressing Shift+Alt+M, and you'll see a popup and one of the icons in the upper left corner will change. If that works, then your Key Maps are working fine.

The problem is that! It doesn't work (as all the other default key maps)! I press the keys and nothing happens. I can't understand why!!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:54 am

What happens if you click the icons ISBoxer added in the upper left corner?
<<

Capitan Chaos

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:16 am

What happens if you click the icons ISBoxer added in the upper left corner?

Absolutely nothing :? It seems there is some kind of "click through". If I click there, I select an element of the game UI (BTW, I'm using the profit UI (a modded one), but I think that's not important).
<<

Capitan Chaos

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:12 am

Little update: I've tried ISBoxer on a pc without Avira and Comodo (the antivirus I have on the others PC where ISboxer didn't work), nothing changed. I can see the buttons in the upper left part of the window, but I can't click them. nor any key combination does work. I really would like to use Isboxer..Any chanche I'll do?!? :) :)

Return to EverQuest 2