FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

EQ2 new launch pad

Moderator: MiRai

<<

fuel8480

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:12 am

EQ2 new launch pad

i was forced to download the new launch pad yeseterday and when i tried to run Isboxer i keep getting launchpad.exe has stopped working. i run windows7.

has anyone had this issue or know how it can be fixed?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:21 am

Re: EQ2 new launch pad

To my knowledge the No Patch profile (launching the game directly with EverQuest2.exe instead of through the launchpad) should still work, regardless of whatever the launchpad issue is.

If you have a No Patch profile already, you can change your existing Characters in ISBoxer to use it:
1. In the top pane in ISBoxer, under Characters, select a Character to change
2. In the bottom right pane, there's Game and Game Profile drop-downs. The Game Profile drop-down may have a No Patch option by default, use that instead

When using the Quick Setup Wizard, just select this in the Game Profile drop-down as well.

If you do not have a No Patch profile, the EQ2 Quick Start Guide details how to manually configure an appropriate profile under EQ2 Quick Start Guide: Before configuring ISBoxer
<<

Ditch

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:16 pm

Re: EQ2 new launch pad

I just got in beta and wanted to check things out. Agreed on the new launcher (all others to be removed) not working or crashing. I did what LAX said about flipping to the 'no patch' option and was able to get in. Guessing now I'll have to bring up and patch, then go into game as all 'no patch' which shouldn't be an issue since the new launcher eats resources if not shutdown. It's a lot like the 'Station Launcher' although it provides them more 'ad' space to send you things.

Ditch

Return to EverQuest 2