FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

EQ2 Six Man UI - Click Bars and Video Feeds

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Durant

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:29 am

EQ2 Six Man UI - Click Bars and Video Feeds

Just thought I would post the UI that helps me efficiently 6 box EQ2. :)

Half of my DXnothing window is cut off in the image as it is currently blank, I will fill it with usefull elements as I progress and use the set up more.

Compared to my last layout this one is great, apart from some repeater alignments that I have to iron out and a fps issue Lax helped resolve it runs smoothly. I hardly ever have to switch focus from my Main.

IsBoxer FTW! :D
Attachments
EQ2-6ManUI.jpg
EQ2-6ManUI.jpg (427.65 KiB) Viewed 20925 times
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:09 am

Re: EQ2 Six Man UI - Click Bars and Video Feeds

HOLY SHIT BALLS THAT'S A LOT OF ABILITIES YOU'VE GOT!

I've never played EQ2 so I don't know how crucial it is to have them all visible but, there are like 90+ actions to press.
Are those all necessary?

In other news...
Thanks for sharing.
<<

Durant

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:24 am

LOL Not all are combat specific, for example I have a buttons that calls all my character to home, ones for a particular character to open portals, ones for buffing up and summoning pets etc

However majority are needed and are combat related, especially if I want to conquer later content in a boxing set up. :o

With 6 characters in eq2 you do have a lot of abilities that are extremely useful and class specific that can be cast/used at a certain time to maximise damage done by my group.

Also After level cap in eq2 you then go into achievement advancement and that caps at 300, when you spend your points (totally up to player which trees to spend in (multiple trees) that also opens up nice abilities and spells/arts to use alongside your existing combat arts. :)
<<

sbg

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:53 am

Now that’s sweet!! Are you running all 6 accounts on the one computer that you listed in another thread?

I'm just coming back to EQ2 after several months away, might need to look at upgrading my hardware. :D
<<

the gnome

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:59 pm

Hi, I'm new to multiboxing, and am a little confused by your setup. A couple of questions if I may. Right now I have a four man team, on a single computer with dual monitors. I keep my main character on the main monotor, and the other screens stacked up on the right hand screen. So 4 characters = 4 windows.

You have 7 windows and am wonder how/why you have that setup? Am I correct assuming you can control all 6 from the one window? Is there a wiki post someplace to talk about this? I'm really curious, it looks awesome.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:35 pm

the gnome wrote:You have 7 windows and am wonder how/why you have that setup? Am I correct assuming you can control all 6 from the one window? Is there a wiki post someplace to talk about this? I'm really curious, it looks awesome.

The window on his right monitor is a dxNothing window and he's using Video FX to show them. He most likely has no Window
Layout configured and all of his actual game windows are lying on top of each other on his left monitor. He displays all of his
characters on the right so regardless of which slot is active he can see all the windows.

It's just another way that ISBoxer lets you configure your game windows. I'll let the OP explain his setup, though. :)
<<

the gnome

Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:07 pm

That's pretty cool, how is the one window controlling all of the abilities? Like I'm noticing rogue/sk/cleric abilities all on the one toolbar, which is mind blowing for me. I've been using one window but using keyboard commands like F6 to have everyone attack, but having a button on my screen would be much more efficient.
<<

Durant

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:57 am

Sbg yes this is 6 accounts on one PC :)

After a LOT (understatement!) of tweaking and experimenting I have it 90% smooth, some lag in heavy populated areas but bearable.

gnome, MiRai was right about the Dxnothing and video feeds. I have all 6 instances open and stacked behind the main focus window (My Tank :))
Then using the awesome (can not sing praise enough) Click Bars I created a dashboard that lets me send hotkeys to one, all or a target group.

Within EQ2 and again with a LOT of trial and error, I had set up every toons hot bars to work alongside Isboxers keymaps.

For example to camp my group I set up an ingame macro /camp, put it onto every toons hotbar as Num0, then in Isboxer set up a Keymap for Camp, Keystroke action Num0 to all, linked one of my Clickbar buttons to this keystroke action, then when I press it in game, all my toons camp in unison :)

Play about with it, LOL I have had a lot of fun getting Isboxer to do cool things, recently spent more time on it than actually playing EQ2! The possibilities are endless.

Also, after MiRai's observation I have gone back and consolidated a little with my dashboard :) I will post a pic when I’m next on.
<<

Emblazer

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:47 pm

Have you been able to clear any DoV Heroic content / instance with your team?
<<

Durant

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:08 am

Emblazer, quick answer, no, I have not even activated DoV on all my toons yet.

Long answer:

My time with EQ2 has been on and off, I have played since 2006, stopped for a while after EoF, came back Kunark and raided hardcore with a troub, then left and missed all of Shadows, coming back at the end just in time for SF and set up a trio, left for a bit again to come back this time and my trio has grown to a 6 man.

I am currently running all the zones I know, power levelling an illusy and building up AA and gear on my others so I can attempt SF zones before even going into DoV as I have read that its tough content and scripted, my team at this point is trained for tank n spank (basically all content up to EoF)

Once I get sorta ready I will take a shot at scripted battles and add more controls to make toons sing and dance around harder mobs. :)

I am in no rush, no longer hardcore so I play on and off, I have more fun feeling no pressure to do end content and farm marks/shards (or whatever currency they have brought in this time as a time sink).

The actual real reason I have got back into it is that I feel EQ2 will be winding down soon, and I want to be around for it as its been a big part of my gaming life.
Next

Return to EverQuest 2