FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

EQ2 Six Man UI - Click Bars and Video Feeds

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hillfriar

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:34 pm

Re: EQ2 Six Man UI - Click Bars and Video Feeds

That is pretty impressive. I've been contemplating going back to EQ2 and boxing it, what stopped me before was the "solo questing wall" I ran into at 70. Just really dislike getting dragged around. Would rather just xp camp.

Couple questions I had for you though:

What hardware do you run on?
What is your class makeup?
How did you level up past the quest wall or did you just do all the solo quests?
If I do decide to go back could I get a closer look at your config? ::))
<<

Durant

Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:51 am

Hillfriar wrote:That is pretty impressive. I've been contemplating going back to EQ2 and boxing it, what stopped me before was the "solo questing wall" I ran into at 70. Just really dislike getting dragged around. Would rather just xp camp.

Couple questions I had for you though:

What hardware do you run on?
What is your class makeup?
How did you level up past the quest wall or did you just do all the solo quests?
If I do decide to go back could I get a closer look at your config? ::))

Hi, I am having awesome fun in eq2 now I can controll all my toons :)

There is a bit of a wall now between mid 70s and 80, but after that there is no shortage of instances to run to jump to cap. At the wall I cashed in collection quests and Lore and Legends to help boost me along (running a boxing group through T7 onward instances there is no shortage of plat from selling trash drops)

My spec is as follows, after the recent upgrade to ISboxer and the CPU wizard it runs really smooth, only lag I get is server side in heavy zones (great divide etc), and once I am in instances I am fine. I run my main focus window on just below balanced and the rest on very high performance.

Intel Core i7 965 3.20 GHz
Asus P6T6 WS Revo
12 GB DDR3, 100 GB SSD
2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480
Antec 900 Case, Antec Truepower Quattro 1000 PSU
1 x 23in, 1 x 22in Monitors
Razer Lachesis Mouse, Belkin Nostromo N52te Speedpad
Isboxer
Windows 7 (x64) – 7.5 Rating (7.5, 7.6, 7.9, 7.9, 7.9)

I used to run 4 monitors but scaled down to 2 :)

My current team is, SK, Defiler, Dirge, Warlock, Warden and Illusionist, I have been told to swap out Dirge and Illusy for a Troub and Coercer but I am happy with my setup.

Also in the process of redoing my UI, as I play I think up of more useful feeds and repeaters to add, I am going to post a more up to date one in a week or so.

Hope this helps, and any questions you have with boxing EQ2 just ask and I will try to help.
<<

Durant

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:49 am

Been a while since I have had chance to post here, I have recently left EQ2, GU61 and the flying squirrel did it for me (you read correct, flying squirrel :roll: although I can see a further exodus after GU61 really sinks in)

I had my new UI 80% complete and when I have chance to log on, which will be before Friday becasue that is when all 6 subscriptions expire I will post it on here to show what awesomeness Isboxer can do for your EQ2 boxing.

Its been a great tool helping me out over the past few years and it has been fun playing with its functions and creating my own UIs with it :)
<<

mesmerise

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:51 am

they just removed all crt chance to all items under lv 80 but its seems it was unintended ( it seems only item under 60 but need to be confirmed ) but what a mess !

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/post ... _id=506535
<<

Spockette

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Old thread... I know. But bear with me...

I ironboxed EQ, then EQ2, then wrote some hotkeynet scripts and after a hiatus I'm back in the game, but looking to make my life easier with ISBoxer. The setup by Durant is absolutely marvelous and I doubt I can put something like it together for a long time.

Therefore my question: any chance you would share it, please?
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:08 pm

MiRai wrote:HOLY SHIT BALLS THAT'S A LOT OF ABILITIES YOU'VE GOT!

Are those all necessary?

Yes.

When I take breaks from EQ2 and go play other games like GW/GW2 and D3, they have like 6 or 8 active skills. Even SWTOR had very little compared to EQ2. When I come back and log back into EQ2 for the first time in a while, I have the same reaction as MiRai when I see all my abilities again and forget what half of them are.
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:15 pm

Emblazer wrote:Have you been able to clear any DoV Heroic content / instance with your team?

I just recently started boxing EQ2 again with the free lvl 85 character promotion. I have a decently geared 95 pally and 95 warden, then I added a heroic 85 ranger and illy to my group. I filled it out with an assassin and inq merc. So I'm 4boxing with 2 mercs.

I zoned into Hold of Rime: The Ascent just to see if I could get anywhere in there and was pleasantly surprised when I was able to easily clear it. That's the only Heroic zone in DoV so far, but I'm going to be testing plenty others.
Previous

Return to EverQuest 2