FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

EQ2 Keymaps?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Vutar

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:53 am

EQ2 Keymaps?

I have used Isboxer for WoW and upon logging in all characters will do certain things. If I hit 1 all will execute whatever ability I have in the 1 slot. Yet for EQ2 this does not seem to be the case. On a fresh set up in which I have changed nothing my second character won't do anything.

I have read the quick start guide but am not seeing what I am doing wrong. I followed what it said to do.

This section of the guide I didn't understand though and so didn't mess with it.

Quickly add many broadcasting hotkeys
1. In the top pane, click on "Combat" under Key Maps
2. In the bottom left pane, where it now shows "Combat" and then "Mapped Keys", right click on Mapped Keys and select Many new Mapped Keys.
3. At the top of the Many new Mapped Keys window is a box labeled "Press a key combination here". Click in that box, and press each and every combination of keys you want to set up right now, which may include any combination of alt,ctrl,shift with whichever non-modifier key you like.
4. The "Target for keystrokes" box lets you pick the intended target windows for the keystroke to be passed to. Typically this would be "Window:All w/ current" which will pass the keystroke to every window including the one you are in. Likewise, "Window: All w/o current" will pass the keystroke to every window excluding the one you are in (aka "all other").
5. The "Do this Mapped Key first" box lets you pick a Mapped Key to perform before the keystroke is passed. Usually you want to just leave it empty, but this would typically be used for things like automatically assisting your main character before an attack.
6.The "Do this Mapped Key after" box lets you pick a Mapped Key to perform after the keystroke is passed. Usually you want to just leave it empty.
7.Click OK!

In WoW I never had to mess with anything like this. Does EQ2 not have preloaded keys like WoW? Is that why I am having trouble?
<<

Vutar

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:01 am

Re: EQ2 Keymaps?

So now I went ahead and followed that section. I set up all my "combat keys" and now when keymaps are turned on I can't use any of those keys...
<<

Vutar

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:12 am

Here is config. No idea what I'm doing wrong. After setting up my hotkeys under combat when I press them nothing happens. I can't even use those keys at all unless I turn off keymaps.

http://www.privatepaste.com/f978844196
<<

Vutar

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:46 pm

I figured out the problem. I screwed up assigning all the keys under "new map keys" rather than "many new map keys." it works fine now.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:52 pm

EQ2 does not have the same features WoW has, that is indeed why you are having trouble. There is no simple way to automatically assist from every window, like there is for WoW (which is because WoW's Addon and macro functionality are nice to us!)

What you're doing wrong is you didn't create those with Many new Mapped Keys, you made them one at a time manually and then didn't assign any Actions. Had you used Many new Mapped Keys, all you had to do was hit 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 and so on in a box, and they would each automatically have a Keystroke Action to send the Hotkey you pressed. It would be quicker to destroy your existing mappings and use Many new Mapped Keys than it would be to go through each of those and add a Keystroke Action in Step 1. (Hence the usefulness of the Many new Mapped Keys feature... it makes many of them for you)

Edit: You beat me, I guess. This info might help others anyway :)

Return to EverQuest 2