FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

EQ2 6 Box on One PC

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Durant

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:30 am

EQ2 6 Box on One PC

Over the years I have gradually expanded my EQ2 boxing and up until recently I ran a 5 man group no issues on one PC, I have since added a sixth to my team.

In the past I would utilise all four of my monitors (1x23 for Main Focus and 3x22s for spares) I would have 3 toons on full screen and 2 on a split monitor.

Swapping to 6 toons and due to getting the hang of video feeds I now only use 3 monitors, with 4 toons windowed on one and 2 full screen.

What I would want to know is, is would it be possible to run all the instances full screen and stack them behind the main utilising a second monitor for specific Video feeds?

I ask this because I read somewhere that it slows the game running multiple instances in different resolutions, so I was wanting to maximise performance. When I ran 5 toons I had hardly no lag running 4 on high performance and my main focus on Balanced, I am now seeing some lag even with all on extreme!

My Spec is below:

Intel Core i7 965 3.20 GHz
Asus P6T6 WS Revo - 12 GB DDR3
100 GB SSD
2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480
Antec 900 Case - Antec Truepower Quattro 1000 PSU
1 x 23in, 3 x 22in Monitors
Razer Lachesis Mouse - Belkin Nostromo N52te Speedpad
Windows 7 (x64) – 7.5 Rating (7.5, 7.6, 7.9, 7.9, 7.9)
Isboxer

Any feedback or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I will also be uploading some pics of my UI's for the other EQ2 ISBoxers out there to share ideas :)
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:40 am

Re: EQ2 6 Box on One PC

Durant wrote:What I would want to know is, is would it be possible to run all the instances full screen and stack them behind the main utilising a second monitor for specific Video feeds?

I've not boxed EQ2 but the configuration you talked about above is really the intention behind video feeds and the relatively new dxNothing. Take a look at this thread for some examples from other games. This thread explains how to set it up and the Window Layout you need is called Full Screen Stacked - it's available in the wizard.

I'm not sure how your hardware will handle that configuration. My advice would be to backup your current ISBoxer Toolkit configuration in case you need to revert.

Let us know how it turns out.
<<

Durant

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:48 am

Thanks for the reply, have looked through the thread and getting allsorts of ideas! I'll have a tinker tonight and let you know how I get on tomorrow :D
<<

Durant

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:08 am

Had a go at this last night, found it needs longer than one night to fully get to grips and get everything working though!

Could do with some tips on setting up clicking on a slave to make ISBoxer swap main focus to that character?

The new Windows layout editor has me baffled.

Also, from reading other posts on the subject, can you set different video feeds to display depending on a hotkey press? From some posts it sounds like it can be done.

Thanks in advance :)
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:49 am

Could do with some tips on setting up clicking on a slave to make ISBoxer swap main focus to that character?

Discussed here - will try to come back with more details later.

Also, from reading other posts on the subject, can you set different video feeds to display depending on a hotkey press? From some posts it sounds like it can be done.

Although this guide is a little old now (i.e. it predates dxNothing) it should give you the main gist.

Let me know if the above is not enough detail to muddle your way through and I'll try to write it up in some more detail when I have time.

Return to EverQuest 2