FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Update for EQ2 new patch?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Emblazer

Post Mon May 23, 2011 12:25 pm

Update for EQ2 new patch?

Okay I'm not sure if I'm the only one but I had been getting some weird bugs since EQ2 updated their launcher(I had been using no launcher start up to circumvent that). Some ISboxer functions are acting weird, for example clickable keymaps and key repeater won't show up with their full window and when I box for PQ quest my third toon consistently won't get his reward window, apart from ISboxer related issues, all the other annoyance can be avoided if I just launch EQ2 regularly using their launcher but what's the point? I wouldn't ask this if I'm getting this software for free, but since I'm a active subscriber and plan to keep this service as long as is up to date, please run a patch for EQ2, people playing EQ2 are paying the same as those that are playing Rift and WoW.

Thank you!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon May 23, 2011 2:15 pm

Re: Update for EQ2 new patch?

I provide the same level of support for EQ2 as I provide for any other game... everything checks out fine here. I test EQ1, EQ2, EVE, LOTRO and WoW pretty regularly.

Sorry I didn't come up with a response to your post on the GUI thread in what you consider a reasonable time frame -- I don't fully understand the issue(s) you are having. I have a lot of things that take up my time, but I speak with EverQuest 2 players every single day and none of them mentioned having this sort of issue. Usually if there's something I need to do because of a game patch I hear about it right away.

I have no idea what PQ quest is (public quest?), or what the rewards window has to do with ISBoxer or what I could possibly have to update to make it stop not showing up on one of your three toons.

The original post on the GUI thread sounds like he's running out of video memory. If you feel the issue is similar to his, did you try updating your video drivers?

clickable keymaps and key repeater won't show up with their full window

You mean the little A,A and A,Z icons? By default, ISBoxer 38 sets up a hotkey Ctrl+Shift+Alt+B to toggle it on or off in the game. Try that first. If you have removed or broken that hotkey somehow, the ISBoxer Control Panel has a "Show All" button you can use.

If that works to make it show up, then the issue is either that the Toggles Click Bar is not attached to your Character Set, or that you have saved a Click Bar set as Auto through the in-game ISBoxer Control Panel with it hidden. The solution for the first one is in the Click Bar link, and the solution for the latter is to save the Click Bar set as Auto with it not hidden.

Another potential answer here is if the images for the Click Bar somehow got lost from your ISBoxer configuration. Check the Click Bar buttons through ISBoxer to make sure that you didn't lose the images themselves -- the Buttons preview while editing a Click Bar will show the images, and the images will be listed under "Images (global)". If they're not listed, run the Quick Setup Wizard and it will re-list them. Worst case there, you could clear your config with File, Clear and run the Wizard and the Click Bar should be fine.

Now.. if none of that helps you see the Click Bar in the game, perhaps you also don't see other pieces of the in-game GUI or something? In order to reproduce your issue at that point I would need to know additional info, including what version of Windows you're using (e.g. XP 32-bit, Vista 64-bit, and so on), what CPU and Video Card, how much RAM, what monitors, how many windows at what resolution, and whatever else you think might be relevant. And possibly your ISBoxer configuration (see the "How to share your config" sticky)
<<

Emblazer

Post Mon May 23, 2011 6:34 pm

Thanks for the reply and I fully understand how hard it is to keep up with all the games and issues that comes with it. I'll go ahead and try out your method once I get home. What's going on with EQ2 launcher? What's preventing isboxer to launch eq2 with launcher?
<<

Emblazer

Post Tue May 24, 2011 4:08 am

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 24, 2011 7:09 am

Yep, looks like the images are probably unlinked from your configuration.

Another potential answer here is if the images for the Click Bar somehow got lost from your ISBoxer configuration. Check the Click Bar buttons through ISBoxer to make sure that you didn't lose the images themselves -- the Buttons preview while editing a Click Bar will show the images, and the images will be listed under "Images (global)". If they're not listed, run the Quick Setup Wizard and it will re-list them. Worst case there, you could clear your config with File, Clear and run the Wizard and the Click Bar should be fine.

1. In the top pane under Click Bars select Toggles
2. In the bottom left pane select Buttons
3. In the bottom right pane observe the buttons in the preview. They should have the icons you're expecting in the game. It sounds like they do not, so they probably appear solid gray instead.

So assuming that's the case, the images are either not listed under "Images (global)" on the left and need to be re-generated (simply running and completing the Quick Setup Wizard will do this, whether you plan on keeping the team it made or not), or the images are listed under "Images (global)" but the path to the image files is wrong (example reasons might be because you moved the Inner Space folder, or copied it to another PC, etc; you can manually fix the path to each one, or delete each one and re-generate the image list via the wizard).
<<

Emblazer

Post Mon May 30, 2011 4:02 am

It didn't work, I tried the quick wizard setup and re-open every path to the images and re-associate each one of them but still not working.
<<

JabbrWocky

Post Tue May 31, 2011 8:52 pm

Emblazer if you are having problems with the UI on EQ2 you can try what i have done in the past. I had a problem where I had no hotkey bars on my screen. I went into the EQ2 (Extended) directory and you will find files that are {server name_character name_eq2_uisettings. Take those files and delete the ones that you are having problems with. When you restart the game it will ask you to ask you what other toon you want to copy for ui settings and then you just select one. That should take care of ui setting problems.
<<

Emblazer

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Thanks for the reply, but I think you are missing the point, I have no problem with EQ2 UI, it's the missing clickable isboxer icon I'm having problem bring back.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:03 pm

What I would do at this point is back up your ISBoxer config (via File, Save As, and save it as something else entirely), then do a File, Clear and run the Quick Setup Wizard again. Don't make any drastic changes to the config, just do an export and see if it works in the game or not.

If it does, then it might make sense to fix up this new profile rather than the old one. At that point you could open up a second instance of ISBoxer, do a File, Open and select your backup, and copy anything in that you want to keep (key maps, etc)... or start from scratch. For some people it's not a big stretch since they wouldnt lose much to start over.

Maybe this will help though
<<

shadow1385

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:59 pm

i have to agree with lax on that one. I think something is screwy in your isboxer config. I run 3 clients on one computer and 2 on a second and have not seen any of the GUI issues your reporting. Double check to make sure all your characters are linked to the clickbars either with the character set or the characters.
Next

Return to EverQuest 2