FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Everquest 2 GUI problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jermdaworm

Post Sun May 15, 2011 6:11 pm

Everquest 2 GUI problem

I am currently running two accounts, with one computer and two monitors. isboxer runs perfectly and I never have any frame rate issues. The problem I have is that when using isboxer to start my games, no longer am I able to see projected textures, such as the quest feather over top npc's heads, the portals to prestige housing or any portal of that type. I have gone through the options within the game and have tried resetting those options many times. I am wondering if I have something wrong with my isboxer configuration.
the link for my configuration is http://www.privatepaste.com/5c167cbb6e
I can work with out these things, but would make my life so much easier to see them with my current ui setup.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon May 16, 2011 2:52 am

Re: Everquest 2 GUI problem

Is this new behaviour after the recent EQ2 patch?
<<

jermdaworm

Post Mon May 16, 2011 8:52 pm

No this was happening prior to SOE going down or the patch. I ran the game with out using isboxer and the quest feathers appeared over npc's head again, still no portal textures. When I ran the game with isboxer the textures disappeared again. I have deleted my cache, nothing has helped. after doing some research on ol'google, I found a post that stated "This issue only happened on systems that were going into "low mem mode" Causing quest feather/completion boo kto not show above NPCs." So if that is true, then would it be possible for isboxer to keep the focused screen out of that mode. I have looked all through the settings and cannot find a thing on it.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon May 16, 2011 11:55 pm

I may be wrong but I believe that ISBoxer has no interface with how much memory each instance uses. It can manage frame rates and processor affinity but memory management is probably done at a lower level that ISBoxer does not have access to.

Does this happen with only a single instance of EQ2 running through Inner Space or only when you are running multiple clients?

Either way, my advice would be to try to reduce the memory EQ2 is using. Often reducing draw distance is one easy way to do this but you may need to play with other video settings and monitor their effect on memory usage.

I found a post that stated "This issue only happened on systems that were going into "low mem mode" Causing quest feather/completion boo kto not show above NPCs."

What advice/fix/workaround was suggested in that thread? It will probably be applicable here.
<<

jermdaworm

Post Tue May 17, 2011 1:07 am

Alge wrote:Does this happen with only a single instance of EQ2 running through Inner Space or only when you are running multiple clients?

Either way, my advice would be to try to reduce the memory EQ2 is using. Often reducing draw distance is one easy way to do this but you may need to play with other video settings and monitor their effect on memory usage.

What advice/fix/workaround was suggested in that thread? It will probably be applicable here.

This happens only when I start the instances with isboxer, whether its single or multiple. I can load single and double instances with out isboxer and I can see the quest feathers again, but only with out using isboxer.

As for the graphix I have adjusted every setting I can find under advanced, and nothing brings the feathers back. as for the post that I found, it was from 2006 and was stated that their would be a fix in the next patch, unfortunately their is no other post following it.
<<

Emblazer

Post Wed May 18, 2011 12:50 pm

I'm having a similar no show problem that could be related to ISboxer and I'm suspecting is memory related issue as well. I'm running three toons, before the most recent EQ2 patch I would load each toon with launcher and everything shows up and works fine, but after the recent EQ2 patch, I started to use no patch launch method to go around the launcher problem, however now I can't bring out the clickable keymap and key repeater icon ( I tried the ctrl shift alt G and it didn't work) and just recently two of my toons are missing some visuals, most noticably the PQ quest reward chest, I tried different graphic settings, even zone in and out numberous times, standing on top of the chest still those two toons couldn't target it or see it. Just to clarify I used the same three toon setup running PQs before without any issue and never had any problem till the recent patch and using of no launcher method. I hope it's not ISboxer related.

Return to EverQuest 2