FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

More intelligent key map layout or setup?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Emblazer

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:56 pm

More intelligent key map layout or setup?

I just recently sign up for ISBoxer and I must admit it's day and night compares to my old method of alt-tab boxing...lol. This is my first time using any sort of multi boxing software so I carefully went through all the guides that are available to EQ2 Isboxer and got all three of my accounts to sync up nicely. But after awhile I felt my way of key mapping / broadcasting are not very efficient and I'm not fully utilizing what ISBoxer has to offer. I tried to search for existing template or what not but it seems EQ2 are not very popluar here, maybe someone can share their key maps / setup so I can better improve mine? My rough key mapping are as follow;

I uses Alt 1, 2, 3, 4 to switch between four hotkey bars, most of the alt 1, and alt 2 key are macro with two spells or abilities, and I populated QWERTYASDFGHZXCV with special abilities or macros that targets special needs. For example, I used G key for nearest target, once target is aquired I could press 1 which fire off the pull spell for the tank and assist for my other two toons, after that I would just cycle through my hotkeys depends on the pull,

My question is I see lot of very sophisticated setups in the key mapping forum etc, where poeple had setup that seperates each toons action depends on the pull, how do I achieve those type of flexibilty with my hot keys / setup? Any help are appreciated!
<<

tanker

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:38 am

Re: More intelligent key map layout or setup?

I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but from experience, keymaps are very personal things. I don't like to move my hand during a fight cuz I usually end up on the wrong place. It sucks to be spamming '3' and have no DPS going on (see below.) If you have a single team, and don't swap toons in/out, ignore the virtualization stuff for now. And stay away from the Rift forum, cuz they are doing some crazy s**t.

I don't play EQ2, but for Wow and Lotro (to a lesser extent)

For movement I use the standard q,w,e,a,s,d movement keys and I mouse move/steer when I'm fighting.

My fingers sit on '~',1,2,3 for fighting

'~' is my interact key, in WoW it will face my casters toward the target and start them running in that direction.
1 is for pulling, 2 is spam, 3 and 4 are taunts. 5 to = are other things that I use only occasionally ('=' is a potion button either healing or mana depending on what I expect)
I don't use shift,alt, or control for fighting.

I have a clickbar setup over top of the unit frames so I can click a box to tell the healer who to heal. In other times I use F1-F5 to heal the team which works better in fights that require more tank movement. With one finger on '2' for spamming a castsequence macro I can heal another teammate (F1 is tank) with one hand.

When I drive the team I use ctrl-shift-WASD, for follow ctrl-shift-F mostly because ctrl-shift is easy to find without looking.

I use the numeric keypad for stuff when I don't mind letting go of the mouse, which is pretty rare. Buffs, mount/dismount are probably the major things.

Find a confortable hand position and see what buttons you can reach easily and map out the most common actions to them. The planning stage is a major pita, but well worth it in the end.
<<

Kitysharp

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:59 am

Hi. I am brand new to the program. I am currently only running 2 accts. Today i tried a fury/chanter setup to play around with the hotkeys and such. With the ingame macros I noticed that even if I put in /target name and then a heal spell, the heal spell wants to hit first, then it will switch targets to who I want to heal with said hotkey, and the hits a second heal in the list. How the heck do these click bars work? I feel so lost when I pull up the console in game to try and add one. Is there a more detailed page with setup instructions? Thank you very much.
<<

Xeniaz

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:33 am

Hello Kitysharp,
You can find some detailed information about setting up click bars in this wiki link.
<<

Durant

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:22 am

Kitty

That does not sound like a Clickbar issue but an ingame macro issue. Can you post a screeny or type out the order of your in game macro?

Have you ticked the commandline /target as the Primary in the macro queue?

Return to EverQuest 2