FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

EQ2 Extended Issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gblooder

Post Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:54 pm

EQ2 Extended Issues

So I'm attempting to box on EQ2 Extended using Isboxer. My problem is I can not for the life of me get it to have the window layout that I want. 4 characters, 1 larger top portion and 3 smaller windows below - a standard configuration. Is the problem because you have to run EQ2 Extended from 4 different file locations when playing 4 char's? I have folders EQX1 through EQX4. I have no issues starting the game through inner space, but the way they start leaves me with just the standard needing to alt-tab between full screens to get to the next screen. I could do that without inner space / isboxer.

Second question concerns a g15 keyboard and just if I am able to even do this. Is it possible to map the extra keys to one of the char's I don't have in the forefront? For instance, I have a tank/healer both running - I am paying attention to the tank - is it possible to heal myself hitting a hot key without switching to the healer to hit the key? That would be pretty much amazing, but wasn't sure if that was possible ... I'm kinda a noob when it comes to the macro/hot key type stuff :p

Any help appreciated.
<<

gblooder

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: EQ2 Extended Issues

So disregard question #2, I figured that part out.

My only problem is now on the drop down list when trying to map keys there are no options to use my G1-18 keys. I ran buttontest.iss and when I press the G1-18 keys it spams G1=TRUE followed by G1=FALSE, if that is correct? The guide basically stated that if it spams it recognizes the keyboard, so I'm assuming it does. I can go to File > Edit Input Devices and in that drop down list it shows a Logitech Gaming Keyboard(7-Input) as the selected keyboard. It does have the G15 there, when I click it, I am unable to click the Save key. I do have Innerspace shut down when attempting to do so.

Still unable to tile the games how I'd like to, but honestly if I can send keys to other char's without having to switch to them I'd be fine - so my primary problem I guess you could say is saving the G15 keyboard as my primary input device.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:12 pm

My only problem is now on the drop down list when trying to map keys there are no options to use my G1-18 keys. I ran buttontest.iss and when I press the G1-18 keys it spams G1=TRUE followed by G1=FALSE, if that is correct? The guide basically stated that if it spams it recognizes the keyboard, so I'm assuming it does. I can go to File > Edit Input Devices and in that drop down list it shows a Logitech Gaming Keyboard(7-Input) as the selected keyboard. It does have the G15 there, when I click it, I am unable to click the Save key. I do have Innerspace shut down when attempting to do so.

The Save button shouldn't APPEAR to do anything, it just saves the file and everything remains as it was. When you are setting up your Hotkeys in ISBoxer, type in the G in the drop-down box and it should show you everything that starts with G. In fact, you can type in G1, since for your G15 that is the correct name of the key (as you have discovered with buttontest). However, if you are selecting a keystroke to be sent to the game (e.g. in a Keystroke Action), the G-keys will NOT be available as an option.

So I'm attempting to box on EQ2 Extended using Isboxer. My problem is I can not for the life of me get it to have the window layout that I want. 4 characters, 1 larger top portion and 3 smaller windows below - a standard configuration. Is the problem because you have to run EQ2 Extended from 4 different file locations when playing 4 char's? I have folders EQX1 through EQX4. I have no issues starting the game through inner space, but the way they start leaves me with just the standard needing to alt-tab between full screens to get to the next screen. I could do that without inner space / isboxer.

Ummm... did you not pick a Window Layout when you ran the Quick Setup Wizard? The game and its folders are pretty much irrelevant to the window layout ;) If you DID select a Window Layout, and it's not putting the windows in it, then it's more likely that it's not being launched through ISBoxer... If you haven't been to the Quick Start Guide for EQ2 yet, do so now: http://isboxer.com/wiki/EQ2:Quick_Start_Guide
<<

gblooder

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:10 pm

Thanks for the reply :)

However, if you are selecting a keystroke to be sent to the game (e.g. in a Keystroke Action), the G-keys will NOT be available as an option.

I see that now, thanks - I just have to make G1(or whatever G key I use) to be the hotkey for that mapped key. Now to just figure out how to cast spells haha I'm assuming its within Keystroke action but I'll figure that one out on my own ;)

Ummm... did you not pick a Window Layout when you ran the Quick Setup Wizard? The game and its folders are pretty much irrelevant to the window layout ;) If you DID select a Window Layout, and it's not putting the windows in it, then it's more likely that it's not being launched through ISBoxer... If you haven't been to the Quick Start Guide for EQ2 yet, do so now: http://isboxer.com/wiki/EQ2:Quick_Start_Guide

I did not originally(miss-click) click the correct window layout, but went back and changed the window layout for that team. If I just need to delete that team completely(not like I have much to it yet), and restart it I can do that np. Also I am launching through Innerspace using the ISBoxer Character Sets, which I though was the right thing to do? Works for RIFT just fine for me, I'll probably just delete my eq2x team and restart it up :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Okay, if you have it working for RIFT then I assume you know how to correctly launch your team :)

You don't HAVE to delete your character set, but it will clear any problems with it up to do it fresh. You can run the Window Layout Wizard in this case (right click on Window Layouts in the top pane is an easy way to find it), and it will set up a Window Layout for your Character Set.

Return to EverQuest 2