FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cursor Sync

Moderator: MiRai

<<

SomeonesNameHere

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:40 pm

Cursor Sync

Hello again everyone.

So i have been running ISBoxer for about 2-3 weeks now. I am sure it can run a million times better than where i am at with it for right now, but i am having particular problem figuring out how to sync the mouse across my screens. sft/cntrl/alt/R will turn on the broadcast, but they are way off from each other.

I am using the standard config, though i do have the pro. I have watched the 2 EQ2 youtube vids till I have felt i should invite Joe to Christmas next year :-D And the EQ2 ISWiki was an awesome start.

The thing that is getting me, is i can not see what he has produced using these settings. For example, with my mystic, pally, necro and bard. When i enter combat, what will put them in their respectful places? Necro at range, bard in scout position, tank face first and bla bla bla?

I was assuming thats what the designations are for; or how i thought i heard Joe kind of explain it.

It would be awesome to see someones mixed class in action with some more defined pointers?

Thanks!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:06 pm

Re: Cursor Sync

I'm confused, is this a thread about cursor sync issues, or a thread asking for pointers when running mixed classes in EQ2? If it's for both, then it's best if you split up these topics into entirely separate threads to help others looking for specific topics. It helps no one if several different topics are jammed into a single thread.

Now, if you need help with syncing up the mouse cursor in each window then you'll need to share your profile.
<<

SomeonesNameHere

Post Sat May 02, 2015 7:29 pm

errr sorry, my bad. did not mean to confuse.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat May 02, 2015 8:04 pm

SomeonesNameHere wrote:errr sorry, my bad. did not mean to confuse.

I'm still confused as to what this thread is about and what you're seeking assistance with.
<<

SomeonesNameHere

Post Sun May 03, 2015 1:41 pm

SomeonesNameHere wrote:Hello again everyone.

So i have been running ISBoxer for about 2-3 weeks now. I am sure it can run a million times better than where i am at with it for right now, but i am having particular problem figuring out how to sync the mouse across my screens. sft/cntrl/alt/R will turn on the broadcast, but they are way off from each other.

I am using the standard config, though i do have the pro. I have watched the 2 EQ2 youtube vids till I have felt i should invite Joe to Christmas next year :-D And the EQ2 ISWiki was an awesome start.

The thing that is getting me, is i can not see what he has produced using these settings. For example, with my mystic, pally, necro and bard. When i enter combat, what will put them in their respectful places? Necro at range, bard in scout position, tank face first and bla bla bla?

I was assuming thats what the designations are for; or how i thought i heard Joe kind of explain it.

It would be awesome to see someones mixed class in action with some more defined pointers?

Thanks!

I dont understand where the confusion is, the core problem is described in the first few lines. Cursor Sync.

If it cant simply be posted, "Do X,X,X to fix Y, no one else here plays the game anymore sorry" thats cool; ill just keep swapping screens... though i thought i payed for more. One would think this is an easy, common thing when discussing/posting vids on how to setup/Sync everything in the game.

The rest was to provoke a conversation from experienced users for thoughts other than just "I have a problem, please help/fix"

I do not use pro as Joe and Wiki do not fully explain/show the benefits. Only the most basic of setups to launch the program with my accounts. (add char from server, choose window layout, CPU choices, mute other windows, export, launch)

I had to watch the only 2 Youtube vids for EQ2 setup time after time to try and catch his hopping ball, and still have not seen where he explains how to sync your cursor....but shows how to do the menus... maybe he forgot?

:-D
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun May 03, 2015 3:11 pm

I posted this in my first reply:
MiRai wrote:Now, if you need help with syncing up the mouse cursor in each window then you'll need to share your profile.
<<

SomeonesNameHere

Post Sun May 03, 2015 3:20 pm

thanks for the help, but no thanks. I am not keen on sharing my info with a 3rd party program that is already questionable with the game i play and have spent MUCH more money on than a 50.00 yr sub.

To be clear.... i like your program, i am not bashing it or belittling it. I simply think something so basic as Cursor sync should be mentioned in your Wiki/How-tos when setting up.

You can bet your bottom dollar that my setup is as basic as a fresh install with no commands/hotkeys/changes made, all are in game macros.

If an answer can not be given to a fresh install, with no changes, without sharing my info that is not obscured and can be easily found on boards for a program that is shunned by the game i play and pay for.....ill deal with what i got ;)

Again, there is no disrespect....just blunt honesty :D
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun May 03, 2015 3:26 pm

Yup, please share your ISBoxer profile. You can have it hide Account/Character names (this is an option presented to you before it copies to your clipboard). It will replace them with CharacterAccount1, CharacterAccount2, etc. It will be anonymized. Check it if you like. Frankly we see them all the time, and as long as you haven't put your passwords into a Keystring Action somewhere, there is fuck all we can do with it other than HELP YOU. If you feel really paranoid. Put it on private paste with a short duration, and we might be able to grab it before it expires.

Usually mouse positions are off, because the Window Layout is not configured with an aspect ratio that is consistent across all viewers, or for some reason the game is not using the same settings internally, and it really should. Some games you need to change between the graphics modes FullScreen and Windowed Fullscreen (the preferred final setting), a couple of times to get it to pick up the non standard resolution, like 1920x960 is not "normal", and the game initially ignores it and tries to use 1920x1080 until you swap a couple of times and then it goes, oh yeah, it's different.

Also, it may be helpful if you can load up your character set, open up the ISBoxer in game GUI (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+G is the default), goto the Debug tab, hit the Capture State button and then paste the results of that back here (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+G to close the GUI again). This will grab some game and display resolution info. Feel free to look over it in notepad first (along with your profile).

There is nothing in these files identify you, and there are many other profiles you will find pasted around on this board, and you can look at them if you like. I doubt you will be able to work out who are the players, except for the odd people who have not anonymized theirs, and have NOT reported having their accounts stolen/banned because of it.
Last edited by bob on Sun May 03, 2015 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

SomeonesNameHere

Post Sun May 03, 2015 3:50 pm

Ok thanks and be well!
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Thu May 14, 2015 9:40 am

SomeonesNameHere wrote:thanks for the help, but no thanks. I am not keen on sharing my info with a 3rd party program that is already questionable with the game i play

without sharing my info that is not obscured and can be easily found on boards for a program that is shunned by the game i play

WTH are you talking about?

The level of uninformed is strong in this post.

Ok, I've been multiboxing with ISBoxer for years in EQ2. I've never been "shunned" by the game I play. Sure, there are a few busybodies on the forums that don't like multiboxing. But this is the same crowd that's always worried about how everyone else is "playing the wrong way". They don't like SLR, mercs, solo or non-group/raid content, or any other way of playing that doesn't fit their narrow-minded view. If you're worried about these people or their opinions, you have bigger problems that cursor sync. Now as far as the "game" itself, or the company, or developers or what have you, multiboxing is fine. Our last community manager, Luperza, was a multiboxer. And there have been many posts stating that it is fine (along with software like ISBoxer itself). You just can't automate anything(aka botting), which ISBoxer doesn't even have the capability of doing.

The best way for us to help you is to look at your config, especially for your window layout and all involving cursor sync. And sharing your config is not "giving your info to a 3rd party site". In fact, here is the very screen you get when copying your config:

ISBoxer doesn't even use account names for EQ2 - it only has character names if you put them in your config. But of course you can hide that as well. And to further assuage your paranoia, here is my posted config WITHOUT any of those privacy boxes checked:
http://www.privatepaste.com/0c30710299

If anyone cared to trudge through there, they would fine that my ACTUAL character names (Again, only because I didn't check the boxes to hide them) that I multibox with are:
Narsikus, Subservience, Synnikul, Satyrika, Smarmus and Plaguez.

ZOMG - I just outed myself as a multiboxer!!! People can now look me up on EQ2U, see that I'm on the Butcherblock server, send me hate tells/mail, publicly shame me on the EQ2 forums, or they can petition/report me to Daybreak!!! I will no doubt be banned for all of perpetuity. ZOMG, what was I thinking??? /sarcasm off
Next

Return to EverQuest 2