FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Characters not moving with Isboxing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

isbsage

Post Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:37 pm

Characters not moving with Isboxing

Hey,
I've made a 5 man Marvel Heroes setup, using the following parameters in innerspace ( -solidstate -brnolaunch -bralldbg -nosteam ), windows launched, logged, mouse broadcast working, key broadcast working (casting spells ), but the problem is some characters get stuck, like D3 rubberbanding ( keep walking, but never move visually, only moving on minimap ). First time only 1 out of 5 moved, 2nd try managed to get 2 out of 5 moving, but it seems random. Also, when i press ESC in order to bring the game menu, most of the times i click the options, but it doesn't work ( cursor mouse moving, but clicking does nothing ). Even this thing seems random, as on some clients it clicks, on others it odesnt, but it's not the same clients all the times, it's random, each time i load all the 5 game instances using innerspace.

The thing is, I've tried without isboxer too and it works flawlessly on all accounts,individually: character moving both on screen and on minimap, clicking is ok, the ESC menu works fine etc.

- i've tried both the round-robin and the "Select all CPUs with every window" Hyperthreading option ( as shown in the tutorial), same problems.
- I've tried with only 2 clients instead 2, same problem
- I've tried both in Windowed and Fullscreen mode, same problem ( didn't try the Fullscreen Windowed mode though )

So, how do i solve this ?
<<

isbsage

Post Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:04 am

Re: Characters not moving with Isboxing

Forgot to say that, first time I logged ingame with all 5 instances, it opened 5 innerspace windows all of a sudden ( never happened anything like that with any other game i multiboxed ), each of them requiring the username and password, despite the fact that i had them saved in innerspace and no other game were asking for them anymore ( D3, WoW, Eve ). This thing and the fact that the game works good when launched individually, but start having the problems i've described in the first post when loaded with isboxer, made me think it's an Isboxer issue afterall.

Please help, as I've tried to google and read other threads, but not even a single article that might come close to the problem i'm describing. Thanks in advance :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:14 am

it opened 5 innerspace windows all of a sudden ( never happened anything like that with any other game i multiboxed ), each of them requiring the username and password, despite the fact that i had them saved in innerspace and no other game were asking for them anymore ( D3, WoW, Eve )

Are you talking about the Inner Space login window? When you have it saved this will only come up if the server rejects your login info (probably not) or there is another problem with the communications between you and the server. I'm guessing it's not rejecting your login info.

but the problem is some characters get stuck, like D3 rubberbanding ( keep walking, but never move visually, only moving on minimap )

Everything you're describing sounds extremely suspiciously like networking. You might just need to reset your cable modem (or whatever type of device you're connecting with) or router.

works flawlessly on all accounts,individually

If you do it with ISBoxer without broadcasting, each one individually should do the same thing too. You mention trying it with ISBoxer with broadcasting on, and without ISBoxer with no broadcasting -- did you try doing the same thing in both cases to make a direct comparison? ...

So, how do i solve this ?

First we have to figure out the source of the problem... Get me Diagnostics for game crashes ("but it's not crashing" -- just do it please) from ISBoxer's Help menu. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics With any luck there's something in there to point out for you to change, or a program to unload, etc.
<<

isbsage

Post Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:06 pm

Are you talking about the Inner Space login window? When you have it saved this will only come up if the server rejects your login info (probably not) or there is another problem with the communications between you and the server. I'm guessing it's not rejecting your login info.

Yep, that one. As I said, it happened only once, when i ran the game first time. It didn't happen after that first time, no matter how many times i loaded and tested various settings on Marvel Heroes.

Everything you're describing sounds extremely suspiciously like networking. You might just need to reset your cable modem (or whatever type of device you're connecting with) or router.

Haven't done that yet. You mean just turn off the router, then turn on after few seconds or a real reset and after that i'd have to reconfigure everything on it ? ( i tend to avoit the 2nd option :D )

If you do it with ISBoxer without broadcasting, each one individually should do the same thing too. You mention trying it with ISBoxer with broadcasting on, and without ISBoxer with no broadcasting -- did you try doing the same thing in both cases to make a direct comparison? ...

It works flawlessly ONLY if i load the game normally, without using innerspace. If i use innerspace, it doesn't work anymore, just as i described in the first post. More precisely, only 1 instance work (i can move, cast spells, everything ), the other 4 are kinda frozen ( chars continously running on the same spot and doesn't move, no matter what i do ). However, as i said, the spells and even the minimap are working ( the chars don't move visually, on the main screen, but they move on the minimap ! ). So, as long as i load them with innerspace, only 1 char working, the others are frozen, no matter if the broadcasting is on or off ( tried setting them off and playing individually, but 4 chars still frozen )

First we have to figure out the source of the problem... Get me Diagnostics for game crashes ("but it's not crashing" -- just do it please) from ISBoxer's Help menu. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics With any luck there's something in there to point out for you to change, or a program to unload, etc.

I've copy/pasted them on isboxer char, privately, on user Lax. Not sure if it's safe to post in here, publically and seems i can't PM you on forums.

Just so you perfectly understan what i'm seeing, i've used Fraps ( it only captured each game instance, not the whole 5 windows setup ), showing in the first 9 seconds the working client and in the other 7 seconds, a "frozen" client, both loaded with innerspace. The bigger picture is: 1x working client, 4x frozen clients, just as those in the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX2ZMzj ... e=youtu.be
<<

isbsage

Post Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:59 am

Found a way to bypass this, though couldn't figure out what caused it. I load all 5 instances, log ingame and on each "frozen" window i just use the "Log out" option, then log again and it works ! It's annoying, but glad that i have found a fix and it's playable afterall. Ofc, if you have any idea about what's causing it, you can post it there, so i won't have to log twice in order to make the game work as intended :)

Return to Marvel Heroes