FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Marvel Heroes crashing on startup

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Narook

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:10 am

Marvel Heroes crashing on startup

After the lastest update to Inner Space (version 6006) Marvel Heroes has been crashing on startup. I was going to post this earlier, but decided to wait until they did their 2015 patch, in case that fixed it. No dice I am afraid. I am using Steam to launch the game. It shows the splash screen and then Windows says it has stopped responding. There is no crash report generated by the game, nor does Windows offer any help (surprise surprise) after it does it short scan. It was working fine before Inner Space 6006, but I don't see any other reports on the issue. So I am guessing it is something my end that is conflicting or something. Below is the crash diag log from Inner Space. Thank you for your time.

http://www.privatepaste.com/ccc55041e8
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:24 am

Re: Marvel Heroes crashing on startup

I'll have to check on issues launching this game through steam. Can you try not using steam? Does the steam version install the normal MarvelHeroesLauncher.exe?

Looks like they did also just change the exe filename from MarvelGame.exe to MarvelHeores2015.exe, so I'll have to see what kind of effect that might have had as well..
<<

Narook

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:13 pm

Steam does not install the launcher. Like most MMOs run through Steam it replaces the luancher. I'll try out the normal version later today and let you know.

As for the filename change, I was having issues before that, just so you know.

I'll get back to you after the normal version is downloaded and I have tried it.
<<

Narook

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:19 am

After a 10 hour download I can say the normal version works fine. Though I did have to make a new game profile, it kept on wanting to load the old launcher, which in turn wanted to reinstall the game.

During the load my anti-virus alerted me about a threat and I looked into it. False threat, but was a file in Marvel Heroes. Which made me think that maybe my AV took care of automatically if it detected the same threat in the Steam version. So I had it verify the files, sure enough it found 1 missing file and downloaded it. After that the Steam version has been fine. I was right, it was my end, just not the way I thought. Jumped to the wrong conclusion with it working one night, the next morning Inner Space updated and then that night the game crashed. Sorry about the waste of time.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:09 am

Thanks for sharing the details, this might help the next guy :)
<<

Narook

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:46 pm

True, but I still feel like an idiot for not verifying the files before posting. Considering that is normally one of the first things I do with a Steam game. At least that problem is solved, now I can go back to finding a work around to my SWTOR problem.

Return to Marvel Heroes