FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How do I go about multiboxing in this game?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

WoKeN

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:14 am

How do I go about multiboxing in this game?

Has anyone gotten multiboxing for this game to work? I'm trying to run 2-3 different characters doing the same thing like captain america just running around doing the same commands
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:44 am

Re: How do I go about multiboxing in this game?

Hmm... did you notice the forum you're posting in or the video I made?
Marvel Heroes multiboxing walkthrough for ISBoxer 41

Different heroes may have different movement speeds by the way, which makes it harder to keep them together.
<<

WoKeN

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:15 am

Hello, sorry for my ignorance or neglect to sift through for info and posting right away :\

What kind of resolution and system requirements do you recommend playing this when multiboxing? And is there any tips to load up multiple clients within their own directories so it's less laggy?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:51 am

What kind of resolution and system requirements do you recommend playing this when multiboxing?

I'm using a relatively high end PC myself. i7 2600k, 16GB of RAM, GTX 690 video. It really depends on how many game clients you want to run; to play 2 is significantly easier than 4-5. To play 2 you may only need a dual core CPU, but with 4 you want a quad core CPU.

Multiboxing: Recommended System Specifications

And is there any tips to load up multiple clients within their own directories so it's less laggy?

The only lag you're going to potentially solve by using multiple folders is the loading time.

If you're getting low FPS, the first thing you want to do is drop the quality settings in the game to favor performance. (HOWTO: Tweak your framerate)

Marvel Heroes should also be in windowed mode for best ISBoxer behavior
<<

WoKeN

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:57 am

So there's really no benefit other than loading by running multiple directories? I remember when I had 4-9 different clients of d3 up I would notice much greater even in-game when everything seemed to already be loaded much better performance for running each client individual to their own directory? Or maybe the game was constantly loading something? Anyhow it made it possible from running 2-3 clients of d3 to up to about 9 effectively for me

My specs are i7 930 @ 3.8 ghz, 680 gtx 4gb, 12 gigs 1600 ddr3, ssd

My resolution may be a problem but maybe you can tell me seeing as I don't multibox all too often, I am playing at 2560x1440, it's my native on my monitor, should i lower to 1920x1080 for multi?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:15 am

WoKeN wrote:So there's really no benefit other than loading by running multiple directories? I remember when I had 4-9 different clients of d3 up I would notice much greater even in-game when everything seemed to already be loaded much better performance for running each client individual to their own directory? Or maybe the game was constantly loading something? Anyhow it made it possible from running 2-3 clients of d3 to up to about 9 effectively for me

No, there is not a significant performance benefit to be had from running multiple folders. If you were not using ISBoxer, then you might have seen a gain from using different cache folders... ISBoxer automatically used different cache folders for d3.

My specs are i7 930 @ 3.8 ghz, 680 gtx 4gb, 12 gigs 1600 ddr3, ssd

My resolution may be a problem but maybe you can tell me seeing as I don't multibox all too often, I am playing at 2560x1440, it's my native on my monitor, should i lower to 1920x1080 for multi?

Lower resolution will improve overall performance, sure
<<

gnetcham

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:51 pm

i5-2500k 7990 radeon 7990 16 gigs ram

Runing 3s team with all min setings , Fullscreen turned off ingame, for me I have to run low settings dont know why but when I get "fire" on the ground from spells I get laggy lol, but also run low because when your in a zone doing a public event of 30-50 guys you lag with all the spells going off

Also noticed even if you have more then 1 folder to run each client you still all use the same bitraider to luanch it.

Return to Marvel Heroes