FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Attack not working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Witbier

Post Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:33 am

Attack not working

Hi all, I'm having problems with isboxer and neverwinter

I have used the KISS setup, only altering the character names (binds.txt) and changing the monitor setup (2x 1920x1200 monitors instead of 1x 1920x1080)
ingame I have used Sylver's graphical settings viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4165
keys are all default

The problem I'm having is in using the targetting (or assist) part of the setup:

When I set a DC to follow my GF (with `), the DC will dutifully follow the GF around.
When combat starts the DC will not engage any opponents, it looks as if he is still set to follow :roll:
I target nmies with my GF, also pressing LMB and RMB, or Q but only the GF interacts, the DC is not attacking (I also do not see any error messages on the DC's screen)
same effect if I break target lock or move the DC (arrow keys)

If i try this the other way around: using the DC as leader and press a mouse button the DC says "must have a target" but the GF is not attacking

I have tried deleting all profiles (ingame an d ISboxer) and loading everything again, and have checked that all names are correct

What am I doing wrong?

Regards, Witbier
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:03 pm

Re: Attack not working

Witbier wrote:Hi all, I'm having problems with isboxer and neverwinter

I have used the KISS setup, only altering the character names (binds.txt) and changing the monitor setup (2x 1920x1200 monitors instead of 1x 1920x1080)
ingame I have used Sylver's graphical settings viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4165
keys are all default

The problem I'm having is in using the targetting (or assist) part of the setup:

When I set a DC to follow my GF (with `), the DC will dutifully follow the GF around.
When combat starts the DC will not engage any opponents, it looks as if he is still set to follow :roll:
I target nmies with my GF, also pressing LMB and RMB, or Q but only the GF interacts, the DC is not attacking (I also do not see any error messages on the DC's screen)
same effect if I break target lock or move the DC (arrow keys)

If i try this the other way around: using the DC as leader and press a mouse button the DC says "must have a target" but the GF is not attacking

I have tried deleting all profiles (ingame an d ISboxer) and loading everything again, and have checked that all names are correct

What am I doing wrong?

Regards, Witbier
Witbier,

In each Neverwinter game window did you type the command?: /bind_load_file binds.txt
(note that you should only need to do this once per window unless you change your binds/characters)

Are you using only First Names & no Last Names (no surnames)?
<<

Witbier

Post Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:35 am

Witbier,

In each Neverwinter game window did you type the command?: /bind_load_file binds.txt
(note that you should only need to do this once per window unless you change your binds/characters)

Are you using only First Names & no Last Names (no surnames)?

Hi Nodoze, thanx for replying

Yes I have typed in this command in each window, only I get no reply from the chat window: the command just inputs and that's it. Is this normal?

I also checked the binds file content, my character names correspond to my ingame characters and I made toons with only a first name.
Note: The characters are in a party

Any ideas?

Regards,
Witbier
Attachments
binds.txt
(334 Bytes) Downloaded 947 times
<<

nodoze

Post Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:24 am

Witbier wrote:...
Hi Nodoze, thanx for replying

Yes I have typed in this command in each window, only I get no reply from the chat window: the command just inputs and that's it. Is this normal?

I also checked the binds file content, my character names correspond to my ingame characters and I made toons with only a first name.
Note: The characters are in a party

Any ideas?

Regards,
Witbier
Not off hand. The 2 things I already mentioned were the the things that came to mind but it has been awhile since I played as what little time I have for games right now is mainly spent on ArcheAge. I am very busy at work right now but I kicked off the client to update it. When I can I will try to load the KISS setup and give you some feedback. Note that it may be till the weekend that I can focus on it. If you haven't heard anything and it isn't working by then feel free to ping me on Saturday morning to see where I am at.

I hope not but it may be that the bind library has been changed and we need to tweak things on our side as well. It might also be a good idea to check in the ISBoxer Star Trek Online (STO) forums to see if they have had similar issues in the past few months as the games share many of underlying technical components (or at least used to).
<<

Witbier

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:06 am

Hi Nodoze, I can relate to being very busy @ work ;)

I found out what went wrong, the mouse clickbar needed to be turned 'on' :?
very stupid of me
after this attacking worked flawlessly

Consider this request 'closed'

Ty bearing with me and enjoy Archeage!
One question: aren't you worried about hackshield? That's the main reason I did not start playing Archeage

Greets,
Witbier
<<

nodoze

Post Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:36 am

Witbier wrote:Hi Nodoze, I can relate to being very busy @ work ;)

I found out what went wrong, the mouse clickbar needed to be turned 'on' :?
very stupid of me
after this attacking worked flawlessly

Consider this request 'closed'

Ty bearing with me and enjoy Archeage!
One question: aren't you worried about hackshield? That's the main reason I did not start playing Archeage

Greets,
Witbier
Witbier,

Thanks for circling back and denoting that the issue was fixed and how it was resolved. Not everyone does that and it can be very frustrating for both those that are trying to help and those that have the same problem.

Because of the ToS I unfortunately do not use ISBoxer for Archeage but I do use multiple accounts to the best of my ability. I started off with using Splashtop to remotely control the extra PCs we keep in our "Kid Office" (we have a study room for our kids 5 setup with multiple PCs) and that worked well enough for me to take an 8 core 32GB machine to run VMs on. Certainly not any real good for combat but with mounts carrying 2 characters and autofollow working it is an OK way to increase one's Labor Pool which is a scare resource and limiting factor in AA.

Return to Neverwinter