FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

missing click bar image glow_button_SLOT5.png

Moderator: MiRai

<<

inmysights

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:01 am

Re: missing click bar image glow_button_SLOT5.png

I tried everything you suggested still does the same thing, as soon as I try to move in game, gameclient.exe goes south.

guess it is time to start from scratch :(
<<

inmysights

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:47 pm

I rebuilt a 2nd machine I had with all new hardware, I updated drivers and installed NW, nothing is the same as the other PC, and I still crash, now though it crashes at the gameguard menu because of the new PC, I don't frigging get it.
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:47 am

inmysights wrote:I rebuilt a 2nd machine I had with all new hardware, I updated drivers and installed NW, nothing is the same as the other PC, and I still crash, now though it crashes at the gameguard menu because of the new PC, I don't frigging get it.
Maybe take the error info you are getting and log a support request in the NeverWinter forums. If NeverWinter isn't stable or able to run then ISBoxer will not be able to multi-box it.

If at all possible I would make sure this 2nd machine you built has a fresh install of it's OS with nothing else installed except the requirements for NeverWinter (DirectX, etc). Until you have it tested stable I would also temporarily turn off all AV software (make sure you are behind a firewall first).
<<

inmysights

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 pm

yeah, I did all that with my fresh install and it was still crashing.

But here is what I did to get it to finally work, I installed a steam install of NW and it now works finally, the stand alone client just would not work for shit.

When I launch the steam version, it works, but it is as if the game is not using my graphics card, it looks awful when I log in. I also try and reset to defaults and the screen just blinks and the settings stay the same. When I try and change any settings the game does not change at all.

really so lame, I fix one issue only to get another one, I just want to play damnit!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:21 pm

Cryptic Studios don't appear to use GameGuard, but rather use a couple of different account protection items

1. AccountGuard: http://crypticstudios.com/accountguard
2. Arc Defender: https://support.arcgames.com/app/games/ ... /4597/p/90

Both of which you can opt out of.

No idea about the graphics, although if you have an onboard intel graphics, you could try disabling that in the bios.
<<

Sylver

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:15 pm

Hi there,

Did a Google search "Neverwinter crashing" and there were plenty of hits.

This link in particular had a solution that worked for one person and hinted at another possible one:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/109600/discussions/0/648813728062777812/

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?646001-Neverwinter-crashes-Fatal-Error-Direct-3D-driver-returned-error-code

I suggest trying some of those solutions and seeing if that helps.

Good luck!
- Sylver
<<

inmysights

Post Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:33 am

I read that Sylver and tried everything in there, uninstalling directx, did not fix the issue

I ran in safe mode then logged back out and rebooted and logged back in, still the same

I am giving up, I have been trying to fix this for 5 days straight, unless someone has one last idea
<<

nodoze

Post Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:27 pm

inmysights wrote:I read that Sylver and tried everything in there, uninstalling directx, did not fix the issue

I ran in safe mode then logged back out and rebooted and logged back in, still the same

I am giving up, I have been trying to fix this for 5 days straight, unless someone has one last idea
I think you have done just about everything humanly possible. Very sorry that even with 2 PCs it doesn't work.
<<

inmysights

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:13 am

I have a buddy who plays NW and last night he asked if he could remote over to my PC and check on my settings in NW, I said sure go ahead, for some reason it started working! he was playing around and the settings finally took! and the game is working!!!!

next thing I tried to setup neverboxer,

I was able to get logged in and somewhat get it to work.
2 questions, the instructions say to automatically load use "/bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt", but manually you use “/bind_load_file isboxer-TEAM_NAME-CharacterName@account-binds.txt”, these are 2 different commands, which one is correct?

also, when I am logged in to the game, some of my keyboard keys will not type, I think I remember reading about this somewhere and could not find where I did read it.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:21 am

This is where the virtualisation in ISBoxer takes over.

If you tell ISBoxer to virtualise the isboxer-binds.txt file with isboxer-TEAM_NAME-CharacterName@account-binds.txt (this is a per character setting), then when the game attempts to load the isboxer-binds.txt file on a specific character it will be redirected to the appropriate file isboxer-TEAM_NAME-CharacterName@account-binds.txt as per the Virtual Files settings.

Lax goes into detail here: http://www.isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 955#p30955, suffice to say either command will work, but the difference is that the first command can be sent to all characters and they will load the appropriate virtualised file as per the virtual file configuration, whereas the second command you will have to do manually for each character.

oh, as for the second thing about your Keyboard keys not working. Disable Keymaps when you want to type regular style (SHIFT+ALT+M is default, or the left A->Z overlay button)
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter