FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NeverBoxer - keybinds and mouse jerkiness

Moderator: MiRai

<<

pox67

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:17 pm

Re: NeverBoxer - keybinds and mouse jerkiness

lax wrote:snip
Now, as far as the virtualization, here is what happens... You Export to Inner Space, and ISBoxer creates:
1. An EMPTY, ZERO-LENGTH, isboxer-binds.txt. This is absolutely, 100%, correct. This must exist for the virtualization portion to happen.
2. Character-specific files, isboxer-CHARSET-CHAR-binds.txt
Then, any time the game attempts to access isboxer-binds.txt, it is redirected to isboxer-CHARSET-CHAR-binds.txt. So, /bind_load_file isboxer.txt, is going to load isboxer-CHARSET-CHAR-binds.txt instead. Is this working? Yes. Yes it is.
snip
The "Actual character name" is used when generating your macros, because it is expected to be what is required to deal with your character in-game. The "display name" is used when creating the bind filenames. In other words, if you want your generated Macros to include the @account, put that in the Actual name field!
snip

Thanks Lax, for real this time.
For an instant all this made sense but then it vanished, dealing with virtualised virtuals will do that. (as an aside, at work we virtualised Citrix XenServer hosts under VMWare. I am pretty sure that tore a hole in the fabric of the universe. Too virtual you see?)

The above raises a few questions if that is OK.
1. I did some experimenting and found that the binds file is named from the character Display Name whereas the file name referenced in ISBoxer through the cryptic helper and the is created from the Actual Name field. This leads to a mismatch, can we change the way the file name is created (or the references). Other option is to use the same for Display Name and Actual Name.
1.a This leads to a follow on question - what is it better to put in the macros to reference a character - CharName or CharName@Account?
1.a.i Could this be why the mass Invite macro has never worked for me? I have tested /invite CharName manually typed in and that does work.
2. very handy that I can just use /bind_file isboxer-binds.txt - I presume that will only work once the filename of binds.txt and the helpers reference to it are in accordance? I can't find where the binds file is actually virtualised, I only see the prefs file and the launcher info.

nodoze, thanks. I am just messing around with the various duo combos at the moment. GWF looks on paper to be awesome but in reality GF is much better. DC does a lot more damage than I was expecting, at least a lowbie levels. Hunter would be awesome but maybe only in hunter duo. Actually a melee specced hunter should work a bit like a TR...some things to try!
I probably won't go back to 5 man for a while, just to difficult to manage around town or adventure zones. Judging by the chat in game this isn't going to be multi-box friendly.
Computer:
Intel 3930K (6 core, 12 hyperthreaded), Asus P9X79 LE, 16GB Ram
2 x Sapphire 7970 Dual-X Boost in Crossfire.
2 x 27" 2560x1440 monitors.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:22 pm

1. I did some experimenting and found that the binds file is named from the character Display Name whereas the file name referenced in ISBoxer through the cryptic helper and the is created from the Actual Name field. This leads to a mismatch, can we change the way the file name is created (or the references).

I'm missing something from what you're saying here. If you're referring to the binds file in a macro in the cryptic game helper, it should still just be isboxer-binds.txt. ISBoxer will automatically direct that to isboxer-charset-charDISPLAYNAME-binds.txt when the game tries to load or save to the file. The only way for there to be a mismatch is if you're trying to build the filename like isboxer-{CHARACTERSET}-{CHARACTER}-binds.txt, in which case you can probably just remove the variable parts to make it isboxer-binds.txt. What are you doing in a macro that creates this mismatch?

Other option is to use the same for Display Name and Actual Name.
1.a This leads to a follow on question - what is it better to put in the macros to reference a character - CharName or CharName@Account?

You don't have to fill in the Actual Name at all if the Display Name works to identify that Character in a Cryptic macro.

Could this be why the mass Invite macro has never worked for me? I have tested /invite CharName manually typed in and that does work.

Yes? ... this would be directly related to whatever is entered in the "Actual Name" field.

2. very handy that I can just use /bind_file isboxer-binds.txt - I presume that will only work once the filename of binds.txt and the helpers reference to it are in accordance? I can't find where the binds file is actually virtualised, I only see the prefs file and the launcher info.

The virtualization for isboxer-binds.txt is simply built into ISBoxer; there is no Virtual File needed for this. This is the same as how the World of Warcraft Addon works automatically, this is built in. (The difference here is ISBoxer cannot automatically load the binds file for you, so you're having to see more about the mechanism instead of it "just working" like with WoW.) ISBoxer saves the file from the Cryptic Game Helper as isboxer-charset-charDISPLAYNAME.txt. When you play, ISBoxer redirects it to isboxer-charset-charDISPLAYNAME.txt any time the game attempts to access isboxer-binds.txt. There is no mismatch.

To be clear, my display name is "nw 1" and "nw 2", and my Actual names are whatever my toon names are (no @account). My files only consist of isboxer-binds.txt, isboxer-neverwinter duo-nw 1-binds.txt and isboxer-neverwinter duo-nw 2-binds.txt, and at no point is the filename "isboxer-neverwinter duo-my actual toon name-binds.txt" accessed or referred to in any way.
<<

pox67

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:55 pm

Ah yes, I think I see the issue now.

My version of NeverBoxer config that I got from Sylver about a week ago has this:
unbind_all$$bind_load_file isboxer-{CHARACTERSET}-{CHARACTER}-binds.txt
in the ReBind line of the Neverwinter helper.

Thus my files look like:
isboxer-NWDuo-DisplayName1-binds.txt
isboxer-NWDuo-DisplayName2-binds.txt

And inside the file on the last line is:
Control+Delete "unbind_all$$bind_load_file isboxer-NWDuo-ActualName1-binds.txt"
Control+Delete "unbind_all$$bind_load_file isboxer-NWDuo-ActualName2-binds.txt"

And ReBind in the helper:
unbind_all$$bind_load_file isboxer-NWDuo-ActualName1-binds.txt
unbind_all$$bind_load_file isboxer-NWDuo-ActualName2-binds.txt

So my bind files and places they are referenced are differently named.
Computer:
Intel 3930K (6 core, 12 hyperthreaded), Asus P9X79 LE, 16GB Ram
2 x Sapphire 7970 Dual-X Boost in Crossfire.
2 x 27" 2560x1440 monitors.
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:02 pm

pox67 wrote:... nodoze, thanks. I am just messing around with the various duo combos at the moment. GWF looks on paper to be awesome but in reality GF is much better. DC does a lot more damage than I was expecting, at least a lowbie levels. Hunter would be awesome but maybe only in hunter duo. Actually a melee specced hunter should work a bit like a TR...some things to try!
I probably won't go back to 5 man for a while, just to difficult to manage around town or adventure zones. Judging by the chat in game this isn't going to be multi-box friendly.
Pox,

Your comment about running a 5man around town set off my spider sense... We would be remiss were we not to let you know that there was at least one BAN that we know of for Multi-Boxing in NeverWinter and that BAN we believe was due to complaints from the Muti-Boxer Boxing in PVP. I think the general adage of "no harm"->"no-foul" parleys to "no complaints" -> "no-ban" in Neverwinter...

We came up with the following guide lines after that BAN and thus far no others have been reported:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3956&p=23796&hilit=ban#p23796

I have taken my GF+DC Duo just about everywhere in the game and never had any problems (I guess it is normal for folk to see a DC follow and heal a GF ;-) ). I got stopped by curious folk several times with my 5man team before I heard about the BAN but from that point forward I only leveled my 5man team via Foundry Quests (personally my 5man team sits at the entrance/exit for several Foundries that all nearby and I re-Q from there without running around as a group).

For me I did the storyline all the way to cap for my original duo but the 5 other characters never did any of the story line except for parts that I couldn't get elsewhere (from memory maybe the backpack space quests?).
Previous

Return to Neverwinter