FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

KISS cleric 'healing word' problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

buddydoggie200

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:22 pm

KISS cleric 'healing word' problem

my cleric is always looking a different direction so whens I use ctrl + q for healing word it most of the time doesn't target my tank. sorry for english
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:25 am

Re: KISS cleric 'healing word' problem

Buddy,

Are you still having this issue while running the KISS setup?

Please review closely each step in the following post:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4019&sid=cc690091b8fdf75dcfa44862df735459#p17389

Since it looks like you named one of your characters 'Mikeymcgill' & the other 'KrisHawklight' I would pay close attention to and especially double check the following step:

9) In the first Neverwinter game client window create a Guardian Fighter (if you name him/her Tankus then you don't need to modify any files). In the second Nevewinter game client window create a Devoted Cleric (if you name him/her Healus then you don't need to modify any files). If you use different names then you will need to modify your bind.txt file with your character names but shouldn't need to modify any other files. Personally I recommend only using First Names & no Last Names (no surnames).

Also if you are making adjustments to the setup in any way make sure you use the steps from the first post in that thread:

Also note that when trying out new setups the following in game commands are helpful to load or reset your binds in the NeverWinter game client:
---
/clear
/Unbind_all
/bind_load_file binds.txt
(or whatever you call your file...)

Note: '/clear' will clear chat logs so you can focus on new messages;

Note: '/Unbind_all' will clear all binds you have made or loaded. Very important to clear your previous binds if you have previously loaded binds and have made changes;

Note: '/bind_load_file binds.txt' (or whatever name you gave your binds file) Will load your new binding and this seems Persistent across re-boots of the game client &/or PC;
-----

If you do all of the above and are still having this issue I will try to carve out time to download the KISS setup and do a fresh setup to see if I can replicate your issue.
<<

buddydoggie200

Post Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:46 pm

Sorry, but why do I have to create a new character? What if I want to use a tank and cleric that I already leveled to 40? Also what if there is a space between my character name would I have to add quotations? Also do my characters have to be in a party, because what if I only wanted to use my high lvl cleric to heal a lvl 4 tank, for example, but still getting the same exp with tank?
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:58 pm

buddydoggie200 wrote:Sorry, but why do I have to create a new character?

What if I want to use a tank and cleric that I already leveled to 40? Also what if there is a space between my character name would I have to add quotations?

Also do my characters have to be in a party, because what if I only wanted to use my high lvl cleric to heal a lvl 4 tank, for example, but still getting the same exp with tank?
Sorry I am at work taking a brief break right now and don't have the time nor ability to launch Neverwinter via ISBoxer at this time but I will try to give you as much help as I can from memory...

I never said you had to create a new character. I only tested it with the names as denoted and it worked and your path to success would be easier using the names I listed as similar inputs tend to lead to similar outputs.

Regarding spaces in-between names, if you go back through the various threads when NeverWinter was first released you can see the many cases where we were beating our heads against walls and figuring out how to get things working... I suspect you will find that testing results and play time were inconsistent when spaces were in names. My recollection was that it was a pain and I figured it not worth my time as I was fine with just a single name as I preferred things working consistently and focusing on other issues that didn't have simple work-arounds...

Regarding grouping being required or not, my recollection is that the bindings worked whether my characters were in a party or not, but, that being said, I don't remember ever testing specifically for that functionality and I almost always grouped my characters. If you are having a problem out of a group then my recommendation is to group them and see if it consistently works one way verses the other... If so start a thread on that and maybe I or someone can help figure out why things work in a group but not when not grouped and maybe find a fix...

I don't mind volunteering to help where I can and I like sharing what I can to help others. All I can say for sure is that I used the KISS to duo my GF+DC all the way to 60 and it worked fine for me and my needs. I then took the time to repeat the build from scratch & document the steps that got it working for me from a fresh/clean start to hopefully allow others to benefit. Note also that it was shared freely with no warranty (expressed nor implied)... Sadly many people who have issues don't report back what the fixes were after help/recommendations are offered so we often don't know the exact fix (or whether they gave up or what)... Folk also comment about a feature that was desired and that they were adding it in but then typically don't share back the changes.

If you get surnames with spaces working with the KISS setup it would be appreciated if you can share what changes you had to make and I will be happy to document that solution for others' use in the thread. If you add enhancements to your version of the KISS setup I will be happy to add them and post an updated version (giving you credit) as long as the changes don't make the setup too complex and violate the spirit of KISS. If you make a wholesale improvement and develop your own build you want to share I already reserved a post/spot for that in that thread and will be happy to add it if you share it.

Return to Neverwinter