FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Using "KISS" setup. Trouble with assist attacking.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Drexl

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:44 pm

Using "KISS" setup. Trouble with assist attacking.

Using the KISS setup when I enable combat keys and tell my DC to assist she targets the first enemy I put in my sights and attack. The DC will not switch targets no matter what I do and when that original target dies she switches her focus to me and tries to use all her attacks on me. I can't figure out what's wrong. :-/
<<

Drexl

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:22 am

Re: Using "KISS" setup. Trouble with assist attacking.

Disregard for now. After fiddling with the software for awhile I discovered the core problem is a design issue with this preset's keymappings. I've been able to improve on the design and increase responsiveness. Once I am done I will try to make a post sharing my setup.
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:16 am

Drexl wrote:Disregard for now. After fiddling with the software for awhile I discovered the core problem is a design issue with this preset's keymappings. I've been able to improve on the design and increase responsiveness. Once I am done I will try to make a post sharing my setup.
Thanks Drexl ! Look forward to it.
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:00 pm

Drexl wrote:Disregard for now. After fiddling with the software for awhile I discovered the core problem is a design issue with this preset's keymappings. I've been able to improve on the design and increase responsiveness. Once I am done I will try to make a post sharing my setup.
Drex, Any updates? I would love to get fixes to any issues as well as any improvements into the KISS template. I used it to level my duo to cap at 60 and think it is a good way to start for anyone as the setup is simple enough to understand and figure things out. It serves as a good spring board to more complicated setups...

The above being said my one regret was that the NeverBoxer setup ready back then (I was a tester on the betas). Since I had my duo at cap before NeverBoxer was released and I hate grinding and/or repeating content I never was able to grind my 5 man team up to cap (think I petered out in the late 30s or early 40s on my party of 5 that was trying to join my duo at 60)...

Anyone using the KISS setup that doesn't like grinding and/or repeating content but does want to have a 5 man team at cap may want to learn from my experience and jump to the NeverBoxer 5man setup sooner than later... To try NeverBoxer I would go to this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4400

For more info on what kinds of teams (what class/pet combos) have been successful I would review the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3956

Return to Neverwinter