FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

auto attacking issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

DanISBoxes

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:24 am

auto attacking issue

My characters auto attack Everything, and I mean everything. If an enemy is in range and I so much as glance at them, they immediately lock camera and begin to auto attack (left mouse attack). The only way to break the auto attack is to struggle with the mouse until i'm looking directly away from mobs and use the dodge ability. Soon as a new mob comes into view, commence auto attack. It's as if the left mouse button is stuck on permanently.

I tried fixing it with /ToggleDefaultAutoAttack but no dice
and I tried fixing it with /targetCursorOrAutoAttack no dice either

This also happens while not using Innerspace at all. It also happens across several characters, and even occurs after unbinding all keys and deleting gameprefs.pref

Any ideas?
<<

Sylver

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:47 pm

Re: auto attacking issue

Coordinating and deconflicting the targeting and attacks is complicated in Neverwinter. It is generally considered to be one of the more difficult games to effectively multibox.

With the NeverBoxer config you can customize the attack rotations by individual characters, character classes, Fire-teams and/or the entire group. It took many iterations perfected over several months to finally get the system working properly...

It sounds like you might have to clear your binds and check all of your in-game keyboard binds for any potential conflicts - that's where I'd start.

Good luck and let us know how you progress...
- Sylver
<<

DanISBoxes

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:07 am

problem solved. This issue stems from using Left / Right click over Left / Right press in your hotkeys.

Its terrible for your Slot 1 but amazing for all other Slots. Just remap the left/right press to left/right clicks and they will auto attack forever.
<<

nodoze

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:44 pm

DanISBoxes wrote:problem solved. This issue stems from using Left / Right click over Left / Right press in your hotkeys.

Its terrible for your Slot 1 but amazing for all other Slots. Just remap the left/right press to left/right clicks and they will auto attack forever.
Dan,

Welcome to the forum and glad you are up and running.

If you want to see which kinds of teams have had the most success thus far you may want to review the following thread.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3956

As your team progresses it would be good to share what kind of team you are running and how things are going so feel free to post to the end of the thread and we will try to keep the top Initial Posts updated with any updates...

Return to Neverwinter