FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

shareing keymap issue thats hopefully resolved

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ormempheus2

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:59 pm

shareing keymap issue thats hopefully resolved

I was putzing around and making some progress in trying to get neverwinter to work (I've isboxed eq2, wow, others)
after a certain point basic things wouldn't work. simple button broadcasting / keybroadcasting wouldn't work.

After talking it through and trying some things, it started working again when I undid the quick launch (forgot I tried that to try to get an icon) earlier. Also I noticed each time I was logging in that I had to undo full screen. I used a virtualized session to make sure that the "Default" was not full screen.

I'm not sure which part of the quick launch/full screen was part of this, but I'm glad its working now.

I just got neverboxer, and I had the same issue with keys not working (prior to the above fix). hopefully I can finally get gaming now.
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: shareing keymap issue thats hopefully resolved

ormempheus2 wrote:I was putzing around and making some progress in trying to get neverwinter to work (I've isboxed eq2, wow, others)
after a certain point basic things wouldn't work. simple button broadcasting / keybroadcasting wouldn't work.

After talking it through and trying some things, it started working again when I undid the quick launch (forgot I tried that to try to get an icon) earlier. Also I noticed each time I was logging in that I had to undo full screen. I used a virtualized session to make sure that the "Default" was not full screen.

I'm not sure which part of the quick launch/full screen was part of this, but I'm glad its working now.

I just got neverboxer, and I had the same issue with keys not working (prior to the above fix). hopefully I can finally get gaming now.
Best of luck to you. If you get a team going please let us know about your team make-up and progress.
<<

Sylver

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:23 pm

Keep us posted on your progress and make sure to let us know if you need help! :)
- Sylver
<<

ormempheus2

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:19 am

HI there. thanks
very happily going now.
i have a trio with guardian fighter in slot 1, cleric and then wizard.

Some things I ran into which may help others:
1. My char had 2 parts to the name, i had to put the whole name into the Actual character name field.
2. its assumed that some of the skills will be in certain slots. my heal didn't work until i looked at the setting and saw it was trying to press E. i moved my healto E on the cleric and it worked great. i wonder if i missed that part of the guide of if it'd be useful for others who moved their stuff around.

i've yet to do a dungeon, prob going to try it here in a bit and see how it goes. i have to work on survivability, just ganking things works for easy things; but i haven't been dodging effectively or healing especially well. have to learn CC as well.

BTW really like the mouse team options, i use that the majority of the time.
i'll hopefully add a bit little by little to the repertoire

Thanks again for this. I'm enjoying it.
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:08 am

ormempheus2 wrote:HI there. thanks
very happily going now.

1. My char had 2 parts to the name, i had to put the whole name into the Actual character name field.
2. its assumed that some of the skills will be in certain slots. my heal didn't work until i looked at the setting and saw it was trying to press E. i moved my healto E on the cleric and it worked great. i wonder if i missed that part of the guide of if it'd be useful for others who moved their stuff around.

i've yet to do a dungeon, prob going to try it here in a bit and see how it goes. i have to work on survivability, just ganking things works for easy things; but i haven't been dodging effectively or healing especially well. have to learn CC as well.

Glad to hear that things are coming together for you - it does take some time to learn how to operate the entire team in concert, but once you do it really changes the game.

Also happy to know that NeverBoxer has brought you to this point in a short amount of time - that was the idea behind the whole work that I did.

Enjoy! :D
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:11 pm

Sylver wrote:
ormempheus2 wrote:HI there. thanks
very happily going now.

Glad to hear that things are coming together for you - it does take some time to learn how to operate the entire team in concert, but once you do it really changes the game.

Also happy to know that NeverBoxer has brought you to this point in a short amount of time - that was the idea behind the whole work that I did.

Enjoy! :D
I sure wish Sylver had NeverBoxer up back in the pre-launch and launch as it makes a world of difference. I can attest to the hard work Sylver did over many months as he released iteration after iteration adding features/functions along the way. I have worked with some very complex ISBoxer setups (including bringing in circular VFX windows) over many years but was surprised to find things I had ever seen/noticed before with the biggest being the Fire Teams as that is very powerful.

I added your 3-man team to the list of teams thread:

http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3956

Return to Neverwinter