FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Never Boxer -- Mouse Buttons Not Working on Character Slot 1

Moderator: MiRai

<<

CruiceSols

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:40 pm

Never Boxer -- Mouse Buttons Not Working on Character Slot 1

Hello All, I recently started playing Neverwinter and purchased Neverboxer yesterday. I am up to the point where i load in my accounts, all seem to work, but my mouse click on my character 1 slot doesn't work unless i hold down the ctrl key and click. For the other instances, the mouse works fine. Got the feeling something is jacked up but i don't know where to start, even in game, i do the character invite and all i get is a white line across the screens that state "invite was sent, resend if some accounts didn't receive", but no matter how many times i click, it doesn't go through. Any one able to draw a correlation on what is going on?

Update: From another thread i found out that i needed to remove the menu "toggle" key, this fixed the issue. Recommend this be added in the walk-through because it never states it. Only way i saw it was a post by Slyver and then looking back at a screen shot.

I think I'm at the last hang up, none of the toons will open up a party invite accept box, even though i see it broadcast across all acconts. I see that, it happens to others also, but when i manually group them up, none of the keys seem to work, i.e. follow, target, etc, any idea on how to see if your binds are going through?

Regards
<<

Sylver

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:46 pm

Re: Never Boxer -- Mouse Buttons Not Working on Character Slot 1

CruiceSols wrote:Hello All, I recently started playing Neverwinter and purchased Neverboxer yesterday. I am up to the point where i load in my accounts, all seem to work, but my mouse click on my character 1 slot doesn't work unless i hold down the ctrl key and click. For the other instances, the mouse works fine. Got the feeling something is jacked up but i don't know where to start, even in game, i do the character invite and all i get is a white line across the screens that state "invite was sent, resend if some accounts didn't receive", but no matter how many times i click, it doesn't go through. Any one able to draw a correlation on what is going on?

Update: From another thread i found out that i needed to remove the menu "toggle" key, this fixed the issue. Recommend this be added in the walk-through because it never states it. Only way i saw it was a post by Slyver and then looking back at a screen shot.

I think I'm at the last hang up, none of the toons will open up a party invite accept box, even though i see it broadcast across all acconts. I see that, it happens to others also, but when i manually group them up, none of the keys seem to work, i.e. follow, target, etc, any idea on how to see if your binds are going through?

Regards

I can gladly add disabling the "toggle" menu to the walkthrough. It's an ISBoxer thing, so no matter what game you multi-box, the good ole' toggle menu will always be there to stumble the brand new user. It's a "feature". :D

I recommend clearing your binds for all of your characters... often Neverwinter's in-game binds get messed. The command is: /unbind_all

Then manually load the bind file for each character. /load_bind_file "isboxer-Neverwinter *****-binds.txt" where the ***'s are your group and character's name.

If you skim the forums, you will see this common issue with Neverwinter and the binds - it's an issue with the game that seems to happen randomly.

See how that affects your setup and post your progress here.
- Sylver
<<

CruiceSols

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:01 am

Thanks, will do as you suggest and post the results. From an older post (back in 2010), found that some folks needed to post the /bind command in the chat window once in game because the option command at the login screen didnt seem to be taking. I did that last night and my Party invites started working along with commands such as follow, F, etc. I think I am almost there, but one real big issue remaining.

The original issue of my mouse buttons 1 and 2 not working on Character slot one unless i hold down the ctrl key started up again. It is weird because the other slots i have no issue, i can switch to the other windows and click like normal. So right now i cant get my group leader to use any mouse clicks, so i either don't have him attacking, or i don't have the group attacking. Hopefully reloading the binds fixes this. This issue starts right at the load up screen, i.e. when i go to log in with Character Slot 1.

Thanks again for the support, I'm looking forward to getting this working.

Regards
<<

Sylver

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:37 am

CruiceSols wrote:Thanks, will do as you suggest and post the results. From an older post (back in 2010), found that some folks needed to post the /bind command in the chat window once in game because the option command at the login screen didnt seem to be taking. I did that last night and my Party invites started working along with commands such as follow, F, etc. I think I am almost there, but one real big issue remaining.

The original issue of my mouse buttons 1 and 2 not working on Character slot one unless i hold down the ctrl key started up again. It is weird because the other slots i have no issue, i can switch to the other windows and click like normal. So right now i cant get my group leader to use any mouse clicks, so i either don't have him attacking, or i don't have the group attacking. Hopefully reloading the binds fixes this. This issue starts right at the load up screen, i.e. when i go to log in with Character Slot 1.

Thanks again for the support, I'm looking forward to getting this working.

Regards

It sounds like you may need to simply switch your keymaps on and off. You will often find when chatting in Neverwinter that certain letters won't type in the chat box - that's because they are being used to control the game (ie; key mapped). To stop this from happening, you need to turn key maps on and off depending on what you are doing in the game. It's possible that the problem you are describing is solved by pressing Ctrl + Shift + M to switch them on and off. This is not a Neverwinter specific thing - it's a normal ISBoxer way of turning them on and off when you do and don't need them. Try it and see if that clears up your mouse problem.
- Sylver
<<

CruiceSols

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:36 pm

Tried switching Key Map On and Off. You are correct, it allows me to to click my mouse buttons now, but my other character slots do not respond since key maps are off. Maybe i am mis-understanding how the mouse clicks are supposed to work. I assumed that if you clicked the left mouse button, the expectation is for all your character slots to perform the the skill/attack you have slotted against the left mouse button. Is this the intent or will clicking the left or right mouse button only activate the attack on your active account?

To load up my bind txt as you described below, in what folder will i find that in? Isoboxer? I want to ensure i type the name exactly.

Lastly, in the character builds, there is no option for a Ranger. Is the intent to never include a ranger in your group or if you do, you will only get the basic attacks?

Thanks again for the help.
<<

Sylver

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:36 pm

CruiceSols wrote:Tried switching Key Map On and Off. You are correct, it allows me to to click my mouse buttons now, but my other character slots do not respond since key maps are off. Maybe i am mis-understanding how the mouse clicks are supposed to work. I assumed that if you clicked the left mouse button, the expectation is for all your character slots to perform the the skill/attack you have slotted against the left mouse button. Is this the intent or will clicking the left or right mouse button only activate the attack on your active account?

To load up my bind txt as you described below, in what folder will i find that in? Isoboxer? I want to ensure i type the name exactly.

Lastly, in the character builds, there is no option for a Ranger. Is the intent to never include a ranger in your group or if you do, you will only get the basic attacks?

Thanks again for the help.

The files are located wherever you installed Neverwinter to. It changes from person to person depending on where you installed the game on y our hard drive ... take a peek around in your folders there.

Attacks require you to change/add/create new key maps. NeverBoxer does contain some default attacks and heals, but the task of defining your skil/attack rotations and keys are completely up to you... that's the freedom that ISBoxer gives you. The same goes for your classes and skills - you will need to customize your party to the classes, skills and keystrokes/keymaps you want to use in your own custom setup. NeverBoxer gives you alot, but it won't give you everything because everyone uses different classes, skills, setups, key mappings, etc.

There is no ranger, but you can easily add one. The reason there isn't one, and I'll say this up front to save you the pain, is that to multibox Neverwinter, you unfortunately are required to have CWs and DCs in your group, probably along with a GF. Oh, and good tank or healing pets (companions). You can certainly buy and use them, but if you read both Nodoze's and Lemartes99's excellent threads here, you will find out what really works, and what simply doesn't. CC's and Healz are critical to multiboxing Neverwinter.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3956

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4924

Hope all that helps!
- Sylver
<<

CruiceSols

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:35 pm

Well this continues to be a challenge. Could never get around the ctrl key on my main toon. Finally just set up a new tank and rebuilt all my groups with a GF vs a GWF. I have them all loaded up (success), group invite works (success), i can click my mouse buttons (Success), but now when i hit V for follow, it broadcast through all three windows, but my slot 2 and 3 characters will not move. Ive tried unbinding binds, putting in the ones from the neverwinter folder.

Any idea why follow would not be working given that i can get group invite to work, and when i click a mouse button, i see on all three screens, i get "not a valid target", however when i hit F6, my DC heals Character slot 3 instead of 1, might be the reason the follow isnt working. What would make slot 2 think slot 3 in slot 1?

Sorry to be a pain, i think im close, but man some quirky things keep happening.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Success recopied the /bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt into each session (while logged in) and started working like a champ.
<<

Sylver

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:14 pm

CruiceSols wrote:Success recopied the /bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt into each session (while logged in) and started working like a champ.

Taking that this was an update to your post and you got it working? If so, glad to hear the good news! :D

Why exactly the binds "unbind" themselves and what not are a mystery. When the game first came out, you could auto-load the binds but with the passing of time and updates to Neverwinter the binds issues kept getting more prevalent. I saw that one person suggested that it was a ploy to restrict macroing (it was in the update notes at one point supposedly), and you used to be able to chain binds, but now it's more limited. At least the manual bind load and /unbind are relatively straightfoward to just type in.

Hope you are enjoying Neverwinter in a new light and multiboxing it is a true challenge, as you will find out more as you near level 60.

Good luck!
- Sylver
<<

CruiceSols

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:50 pm

Thanks Sylver for taking the time to help me through this.

Regards
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:58 am

CruiceSols wrote:Thanks Sylver for taking the time to help me through this.

Regards

Glad to help!
- Sylver

Return to Neverwinter