FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Some gameplay question whit Neverboxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

wysol

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:36 am

Some gameplay question whit Neverboxer

Hey guys,

I made my team go thru few part of the main quest line and I have some gameplay issues that seem to haapen once in a will.

1-First the follow seem to broke once in a will and my follower hard target a companion or npc. I have to switch to the window and press ctrl so that he lose target. What is exactly the procedure that you are using for slave to follow you in game (maybe I got ti wrong): only press the V key or do 6 then the V key?

2-Can I desactivated the VFX and get the basic visual setting one big monitor and 4 small at the bottom? I try to do the Zero VFX mode in General Init and run the screen wizard and doesn't seem to work.

3-I see that in Cryptic game Helper Macro there some set to F13-F15 since my keyboard doesn't have F13-F15 should I remap them to another key and then go in keymap and change the F13 > self to remapkey>self etc I ask that because Ithink that mostly all of the time the I freeze or follow stop working is when I do ctrl+C

4- the invite :
!if ("slot 1" and character is not "slot 1") invite {SLOT1}
!if ("slot 2" and character is not "slot 2") invite {SLOT2}
!if ("slot 3" and character is not "slot 3") invite {SLOT3}
!if ("slot 4" and character is not "slot 3") invite {SLOT4}
!if ("slot 5" and character is not "slot 3") invite {SLOT5}

Should I change hte last 2 rows for
!if ("slot 4" and character is not "slot 4") invite {SLOT4}
!if ("slot 5" and character is not "slot 5") invite {SLOT5}

Sorry for my syntax error once again I'm french Canadian lollll :P

Thanks a lot in advance
F
<<

Sylver

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:42 am

Re: Some gameplay question whit Neverboxer

wysol wrote:Hey guys,

I made my team go thru few part of the main quest line and I have some gameplay issues that seem to haapen once in a will.

1-First the follow seem to broke once in a will and my follower hard target a companion or npc. I have to switch to the window and press ctrl so that he lose target. What is exactly the procedure that you are using for slave to follow you in game (maybe I got ti wrong): only press the V key or do 6 then the V key?

2-Can I desactivated the VFX and get the basic visual setting one big monitor and 4 small at the bottom? I try to do the Zero VFX mode in General Init and run the screen wizard and doesn't seem to work.

3-I see that in Cryptic game Helper Macro there some set to F13-F15 since my keyboard doesn't have F13-F15 should I remap them to another key and then go in keymap and change the F13 > self to remapkey>self etc I ask that because Ithink that mostly all of the time the I freeze or follow stop working is when I do ctrl+C

4- the invite :

Thanks a lot in advance
F

To answer your first question, the team follows the lead character after pressing the V key (or the formation key of your choice). The chain follow will break however, if one of your party members drops out (goes offline). Then you will need to reform your party. Even if the character comes back online, Neverwinter will break the party order. Otherwise, the follow is pretty straight forward, as you can see in the keymap. The default follow for a 5 man party would be - character 5 follows 4, who follows 3, who follows 2, who in turn follows the leader.

You can deactivate or modify the VFX. You cannot use the screen wizard to generate the 4 bottom screens like you are asking. Instead, you must program the coordinate of both the source screens and destination VFX mini screens in the custom keymaps inside of NeverBoxer. These are all defined inside of the Initiaization Keymap, specifically the Mapped Key names VFX 1920x1200, VFX 1920x1080 or VFX 1280x768. You will see in the lower right window pane as you go through them all of the screen coordinates that are used there. You would have to calculate all of them out for 4 screens running the width of the display at the bottom. It's not hard, but it would require you to spend time to do so. Since all of the 4 screens are already defined, all you would have to do is simply re-enter your desired VFX mini-screen window coordinates.

The F13-15 keys do not need to be changed. In fact, if you do change them, you will probably cause things to stop working unless you remap all associated keymaps (the ones that refer to F13-F15 or call those keys/keymaps). Remember, the more you change, the higher the probability that you are breaking something. =)

The invite is incorrect because at one point you indicated during setup that you had a 3-man party. That's why the last 2 invite lines are incorrect (that's how ISBoxer's Cryptic helper outputs it in that case)... With a 2-man party, then the last 3 lines are duplicated, etc. So yes, if you are wanting to do a 5-man, then you would change the last 2 rows as you have written.
- Sylver
<<

wysol

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:09 am

Sylver wrote:
wysol wrote:Hey guys,

4- the invite :

Thanks a lot in advance
F

To answer your first question, the team follows the lead character after pressing the V key (or the formation key of your choice). The chain follow will break however, if one of your party members drops out (goes offline). Then you will need to reform your party. Even if the character comes back online, Neverwinter will break the party order. Otherwise, the follow is pretty straight forward, as you can see in the keymap. The default follow for a 5 man party would be - character 5 follows 4, who follows 3, who follows 2, who in turn follows the leader.

You can deactivate or modify the VFX. You cannot use the screen wizard to generate the 4 bottom screens like you are asking. Instead, you must program the coordinate of both the source screens and destination VFX mini screens in the custom keymaps inside of NeverBoxer. These are all defined inside of the Initiaization Keymap, specifically the Mapped Key names VFX 1920x1200, VFX 1920x1080 or VFX 1280x768. You will see in the lower right window pane as you go through them all of the screen coordinates that are used there. You would have to calculate all of them out for 4 screens running the width of the display at the bottom. It's not hard, but it would require you to spend time to do so. Since all of the 4 screens are already defined, all you would have to do is simply re-enter your desired VFX mini-screen window coordinates.

The F13-15 keys do not need to be changed. In fact, if you do change them, you will probably cause things to stop working unless you remap all associated keymaps (the ones that refer to F13-F15 or call those keys/keymaps). Remember, the more you change, the higher the probability that you are breaking something. =)

The invite is incorrect because at one point you indicated during setup that you had a 3-man party. That's why the last 2 invite lines are incorrect (that's how ISBoxer's Cryptic helper outputs it in that case)... With a 2-man party, then the last 3 lines are duplicated, etc. So yes, if you are wanting to do a 5-man, then you would change the last 2 rows as you have written.

Tyvm sylver ill correct the invite and will play whit vfx coordinate
<<

lemartes99

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:21 am

Hey Wysol,

Welcome aboard the Neverwinter Boxing train. It's pretty small, only a few of us trying it.

How does the chain follow look compared to the regular one ? I almost never need to run around together in town, but on the campaigns I do, does the chain follow spread them out a lot more ?

Also, what classes are you going with for a team ?
<<

wysol

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:06 am

Hey

Im going for a team like this Gwf / TR / HR / DC / CW for levelinv purpose at the end ill play whit my team for bezt result

Probably will end up at cap ill probably go whit 2x DC / CW / HR / GWF just to try something different will see

The plan is to get at least 1 of every class to cap the get the feeling of multibox and then adjust my team.

I allready have a hr at cap and one dc

Thanks
<<

Sylver

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:13 pm

lemartes99 wrote:Hey Wysol,

Welcome aboard the Neverwinter Boxing train. It's pretty small, only a few of us trying it.

How does the chain follow look compared to the regular one ? I almost never need to run around together in town, but on the campaigns I do, does the chain follow spread them out a lot more ?

Also, what classes are you going with for a team ?

I usually run around in "paired" formation if I have to in public areas as it looks less conspicuous.

Somewhere I even have a screenshot of some guy who came up and congratulated our guild (that was all me) on such good teamwork LOL.
- Sylver

Return to Neverwinter