FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

1 issue left to solve :P

Moderator: MiRai

<<

wysol

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:42 pm

1 issue left to solve :P

Hey guys,

I got one small problem left to be solve whit neverboxer. when I'm on my main and right click on diff thing never the same, somtime the map to switch instance, sometime the caracter sheet etc. but always right click of the mouse he frooze and I have to reboot that client.

Is there a wqay to walk auround this? I'm trying to avoid right click on most of the time but if theres something I can do to fix this will make my life a lot more easier.

Thanks
Frank
<<

Sylver

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:54 pm

Re: 1 issue left to solve :P

wysol wrote:Hey guys,

I got one small problem left to be solve whit neverboxer. when I'm on my main and right click on diff thing never the same, somtime the map to switch instance, sometime the caracter sheet etc. but always right click of the mouse he frooze and I have to reboot that client.

Is there a wqay to walk auround this? I'm trying to avoid right click on most of the time but if theres something I can do to fix this will make my life a lot more easier.

Thanks
Frank

Well, I don't know if that's really a Neverboxer-specific issue, but I'll give some suggestions for things to try and look for...

I have two ideas.... One is that perhaps you have a key-map mapped to the right key for more than one thing. If ISBoxer has multiple key-maps assigned to the same key (the right mouse button, in this case) it may cause confusion, lock ups or cause Neverwinter/computer to do strange things (seemingly randomy because it's trying to do different things depending on the situation - maps, inventory, right-clicking enemies or party members, etc.). I recommend looking through your key-maps and making sure that there's only one assigned to Right-click. This error is actually common when you are making or reconfiguring key-maps and I know that someone here in the forums actually wrote a parser to look through configs to identify duplicate key-map mappings. If you notice in my code, I always indicate the key being mapped to in the key-map name/description to avoid this confusion...

Second thing that comes to mind is that I know of only one thing that causes Neverboxer to faithfully freeze every time. And that is if you are using a party of less than 5 people and a horizontal resolution less than 1920 pixels, and try and enable/use the Party Inventory screen it will freeze the client. This is because of how the VFX screens are sized and managed across 5 characters. By default this key-map is disabled, and it is an optional feature. You might check to see if you perhaps inadvertently enabled it, since you are running a two-man group... and that would cause problems.

Hope that helps, and gives you a place to start looking from... good luck!
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:22 pm

If you solve this please report back your solution.

On my duo/2-man I try to never right-click... In case they help-you I will share my work-arounds to avoid lockups...

If, when right-clicking to change instances, I can select to change instance I am usually OK but if not (timer isn't ready) then I am frozen... Since I don't like guessing (and freezing even less) to get to the same instance I ride my 60 mount out of the zone and back in just to be safe (that is my work-around that is 100% successful)...

Sometimes I can explore the new boon/reward menus and sometimes not. Usually I am fine exploring and selecting and what not and usually only lock when trying to exit the boon menus. My workaround there is to only mess with those when I am just about ready to logoff anyway... That way there is no downside if it does lock...

Not sure about the AH and what not... I use gateway.playneverwinter.com instead as the UI is better and it lets me query better anyway so if you have issues with any of those areas then I would try the gateway via a browser on your PC or on a smartphone...

Anyway, those are the workarounds that I use and I haven't had a lockup for months (except when leveling boons now and then and I only do that when I am logging anyway)...
<<

Sylver

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:52 pm

nodoze wrote:If you solve this please report back your solution.

On my duo/2-man I try to never right-click... In case they help-you I will share my work-arounds to avoid lockups...

If, when right-clicking to change instances, I can select to change instance I am usually OK but if not (timer isn't ready) then I am frozen... Since I don't like guessing (and freezing even less) to get to the same instance I ride my 60 mount out of the zone and back in just to be safe (that is my work-around that is 100% successful)...

Sometimes I can explore the new boon/reward menus and sometimes not. Usually I am fine exploring and selecting and what not and usually only lock when trying to exit the boon menus. My workaround there is to only mess with those when I am just about ready to logoff anyway... That way there is no downside if it does lock...

Not sure about the AH and what not... I use gateway.playneverwinter.com instead as the UI is better and it lets me query better anyway so if you have issues with any of those areas then I would try the gateway via a browser on your PC or on a smartphone...

Anyway, those are the workarounds that I use and I haven't had a lockup for months (except when leveling boons now and then and I only do that when I am logging anyway)...

Nodoze,

Do you attribute these issues to Neverwinter, or general ISBoxer use with the client?
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:34 pm

Sylver wrote:
nodoze wrote:If you solve this please report back your solution.

On my duo/2-man I try to never right-click... ...

Nodoze,

Do you attribute these issues to Neverwinter, or general ISBoxer use with the client?
I think it is ISBoxer with Neverwinter and not sure if it is VFX related or not. It happened pretty consistently with my duo and I believe on my 5man team also when under ISBoxer and I do not remember ever seeing it when running the clients outside of ISBoxer.

That being said I like ISBoxer so much that I would rather have those minor issues with it than without it, even when running only 1 client so I am rarely running any game outside ISBoxer even when running a single client...

With the above work-arounds that are now my standard habits I haven't had an issue in months... If someone had asked me 'out-of-the-blue' if I liked ISboxing Neverwinter & whether I had any problems my answers would have been "yes, very much now that I am on NeverBoxer" and "no, not that I can think of"... If they then asked "well then how did you fix/get around that lock-up issue?" I would have to step-back and think for a few seconds to then realize that the issue disappeared due to my work-arounds and modifying my MO... Occasionally I see it when working on my boons when I am calling it a night though I don't play Neverwinter that much these days (mainly 6boxing DDO with what little game time I have these days).
<<

wysol

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:33 pm

Hey thanks for the quick answer.

I think I'll just 5 box then I want to dual box to get use to the system but now Ill go all out :P

Quick questions:

1- @nodoze for your walk auround for the instance change if you are in the same party and you zone from one zone to another and then zone back in the previous one you'll be on the instance of your team? because I lock up everythime I try to change instance no doubt everytime it's frozen that kinda sucks since at first log you are never on the same instance whit all of your caracter.

- @nodoze, you 6 box DDO, I have been a long time DDO player but can I ask you to share your binds because if I rememeber correctly there's no assist, follow etc in ddo are you doing some broadcasting for awsd keys and mouse ? and how to d wok auround the p2p package (amrath, chrono, vale etc) on all your account

3- @ sylver or @nodoze I got one other issues that I'm trying to find a solution I log on every of my toon seperatly to adjust video card maximum mb used render scale etc ..... All of my slave are very low and my main average to have decent graphic. My problem is when I switch from my main to a slave the slave switch is graphic to equal as my main and never switch back to lower graphic..... so long story short the slave don't keep there low graphic as soon as a switch to there Windows.

Thanks guys
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:41 pm

Comments/Answers in line in red
wysol wrote:Hey thanks for the quick answer.

I think I'll just 5 box then I want to dual box to get use to the system but now Ill go all out :P

Quick questions:

1- @nodoze for your walk auround for the instance change if you are in the same party and you zone from one zone to another and then zone back in the previous one you'll be on the instance of your team? because I lock up everythime I try to change instance no doubt everytime it's frozen that kinda sucks since at first log you are never on the same instance whit all of your caracter.
(1): For a Duo that is in the same party the above works because the game automatically puts you with your party-mate when you zone back in. For my 5 man team I park them at the Foundry quests I do (2 start where I park them and the other is near by). For my 5man I do the opposite and I start them all outside of the party as I could have all my team spread out in different instances... I have each one quickly go into the nearby Foundry mission separately and then once everyone is in their own Foundry mission I then use NeverBoxer to invite everyone and once the full party is formed I have them leave the foundry mission one at a time in sequence and they all join where-ever the first one zoned to... That is my MO and seemed the path of least resistance....

-2: @nodoze, you 6 box DDO, I have been a long time DDO player but can I ask you to share your binds because if I rememeber correctly there's no assist, follow etc in ddo are you doing some broadcasting for awsd keys and mouse ? and how to d wok auround the p2p package (amrath, chrono, vale etc) on all your account
(2): Regarding content & P2P you can buy the base package for the newest expansion for something like $29 (when not on sale) and on-checkout get MotU for something like $17. The new expansion lets you start iconic characters at level 15 in EveningStar so no real need for any lower level packs & the 2 base expansions can get you to the current cap (especially now that they redid how repeat penalties work)... That being said you may want to buy the vale for GreenSteel & Gianthold for the new Epic versions as their Loot is still valuable at current cap but even those aren't technically required... DDO actually added assist awhile back but sadly there is still no follow so your options are limited. You can read my thoughts on valid actually multi-boxing DDO strategies here:

viewtopic.php?p=16725#p16725

The above being said these days I typically play only one character at a time and 'solo' on EH the dungeons with scaling for the upto 5 "pikers" at the entrance making it fun/challenging. I usually structure the party such that I get all the buffs on my main and leave at least 1 rezzer at the entrance... I also have 5 kids so sometimes some of the other slots are filled but if not I keep everyone together XP-wise by leaving them at the entrance and getting 6 loots of every chest that I care about... If you read on that thread and post your ideas over there I will try to see what I might have that can help bind-wise. I don't want to muck up the Neverwinter sub-forum with DDO stuff un-necessarily... The main reason I mentioned DDO here is so my NeverWinter brethen know that I am not playing Neverwinter as much as I did through the betas and to cap and through the first expansion...

3- @ sylver or @nodoze I got one other issues that I'm trying to find a solution I log on every of my toon seperatly to adjust video card maximum mb used render scale etc ..... All of my slave are very low and my main average to have decent graphic. My problem is when I switch from my main to a slave the slave switch is graphic to equal as my main and never switch back to lower graphic..... so long story short the slave don't keep there low graphic as soon as a switch to there Windows.

(3): Sylver may need to chime in on that one as I am not sure where to begin. I do see the graphics go up some as I shift between windows but the new features turn them back down when I change windows... One thing that may not be standard in NeverBoxer is that I limit my background windows to at most 5FPS and the Foreground to 30FPS just to keep heat low and things smooth. If you are still not where you want to be then I would lower the background FPSs to 4, then 3, and 2 to see if you can get something stable. I would also recommend reading the following very carefully and make sure you do everything in there:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4165

Thanks guys
Best of luck and let us know if you still need more help.
<<

Sylver

Post Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:03 pm

wysol wrote:3- @ sylver or @nodoze I got one other issues that I'm trying to find a solution I log on every of my toon seperatly to adjust video card maximum mb used render scale etc ..... All of my slave are very low and my main average to have decent graphic. My problem is when I switch from my main to a slave the slave switch is graphic to equal as my main and never switch back to lower graphic..... so long story short the slave don't keep there low graphic as soon as a switch to there Windows.

I posted this in the main NeverBoxer Download thread not too long ago, but it applies here.

http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4400&start=90

Here's an excerpt:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Targeting keymap contains a keymap called "SetF6 = TargetCurrentWindowSLOT1". This does the following:

- (Re)Activates F6 key to Target current SLOT character; virtualizes the F6 and formation/movement keymaps.

and...

- Sets current window to NORMAL renderscale; all others to LOW.

So, here you want to make sure that it flows like this in Step 1 (Follow in Paired Formation in Non-combat Key Map is now Follow in Paired Formation - SLOT 1 in Non-combat Key Map -> all)

The actions should start out with:

DoRenderScale LOW (Bind: Pause) in Always On Key Map -> all
DoRenderScale NORMAL (Bind: Scroll-Lock) in Always On Key Map -> 1
Focus window 'is1' (filter:isboxer&~dxnothing) on <Current Computer>
. the rest does not apply

If it does not look like this then it's not going to work. If you are missing the LOW, then all of the other windows will not get scaled down (including the current one, which gets changed in the 3rd line). You need the second line, of course, to scale back to Normal. It needs to be there because, actually, because you change in the 3rd line to another screen - the soon-to-be current. The screen swapping is VERY precise and if you start deleting code from it and not replacing it as above, stuff will break.
- Sylver

Return to Neverwinter