-double check the user names

Where I'm at now.
-Can get them logged in
-No group invites
-No follow
-Will attack when the cursor is lined up with the target
-Will not assist
-I can press buttons to make my slave cast

This is a for a duo box. Im banging my head against the wall here. I've unload / loaded binds etc.

What should I try next?

*Edit* That right click freeze is really annoying.
<<

nodoze

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:55 pm

Re: Not working... still

chadd02 wrote:Can't get this to work:

-Read every post 3x now
-Went over the all the setups 6x now
-Deleted and reinstalled
-Copied other xml setups

Where I'm at now.
-Can get them logged in
-No group invites
-No follow
-Will not assist

This is a for a duo box. Im banging my head against the wall here. I've unload / loaded binds etc.

What should I try next?

Chadd02,

NeverBoxer is a very well done and has many advanced features using many of ISBoxer's capabilities but is complicated...

Especially if you are new to both Neverwinter and ISBoxer, I recommend starting with something less complicated so you can verify the fundamentals and make sure your system supports both ISBoxer and Neverwinter together. Toward that end I uploaded a Keep It Super Simple (KISS) config that is much easier to setup/configure... If the KISS setup works and you can open up ISBoxer and understand what it is doing to control 2 Neverwinter clients then I would try to move to a NeverBoxer setup... I would liken it to how I learned to fly in Trainers (think advanced Cessnas) before moving to Jets like F/A-18s & EA-6Bs. Also NeverBoxer is designed for a full 5 man team and can have issues with less than 5 people unless you disable some of the features/functionality...

The following is my original duo setup here which I took to level 60 which I adapted mainly from Norrin's posts back in the NW Beta before Sylver joined the discussions and started creating NeverBoxer):

viewtopic.php?p=17389#p17389

The Keep It Super Simple (KISS) is a standard Tank/Healer setup that I used to level my duo all the way to 60 before NeverBoxer was developed. I think KISS is a good setup to load and walk through to understand the basics/essentials of IsBoxer and Neverwinter and to debug general issues multi-boxing Neverwinter on ISBoxer. The KISS setup is functional enought that I was able to go through all the 'soloable' content to cap (currently level 60) with my duo by myself (you cannot duo 5mans nor duo skirmishes by yourself in KISS NOR NeverBoxer). You could use KISS as a base and copy things over from NeverBoxer over if you want to add things slowly and understand each advanced config as it is added if you are so inclined but I instead jumped to NeverBoxer and focused on helping test through each iteration of the NeverBoxer betas rather than try to keep extending the KISS config...

After you have the KISS working and have opened up the key binds and understand how they are working then I would try NeverBoxer and work with & understand each advanced feature. If you continue running just a duo and not a full 5man you will have to turn off features and may have freezes at certain actions (like right clicking on characters to change instances).

EDIT: If you want to understand how the setups in the KISS were created you can read the details in the following Post #3 from Norrin:

viewtopic.php?p=17390#p17390

The KISS is heavily based on Norrin's config which is the underpinnings of all multiboxing of Neverwinter (Norrin and gnetchem unlocked the original programming/code and Norrin did a good job documenting how he created his config. I did modify it some so the config in Post 2 & Post 3 are not identical and tried to add labels and what not that would be helpful to new folk. I also focused in Post 2 (KISS) more on setting up and using the config than on actually developing it (like Norrin did in Post 3).

Hope that helps...
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:56 pm

chadd02 wrote:Can't get this to work:

-Read every post 3x now
-Went over the all the setups 6x now
-Deleted and reinstalled
-Copied other xml setups

Where I'm at now.
-Can get them logged in
-No group invites
-No follow
-Will not assist

What should I try next?

Please share your (latest) config... that's the only proper way someone is going to be able to effectively help you.

Instructions are here: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=13

Cheers!
- Sylver
<<

chadd02

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:23 pm

Sorry for the delayed response. Weather knocked the electric out for 4 days and I've been playing catch up.

I got it to work finally, not entirely sure how but it works. I am confused and would like clarification on one thing. I am duo boxing with a cleric in toe. How do I get them to hit their other abilities, Right now it's just mouse clicking and throwing from ranged. Would like it to use Q E R. Should I put them into firesquad 1 w/the tank instead of 3 ?
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:10 pm

chadd02 wrote:Sorry for the delayed response. Weather knocked the electric out for 4 days and I've been playing catch up.

I got it to work finally, not entirely sure how but it works. I am confused and would like clarification on one thing. I am duo boxing with a cleric in toe. How do I get them to hit their other abilities, Right now it's just mouse clicking and throwing from ranged. Would like it to use Q E R. Should I put them into firesquad 1 w/the tank instead of 3 ?
Assuming you got NeverBoxer 1.1a working I would give the following comments:

- Mouse 3: The key for me was enabling Mouse 3 which made all the Fire-Teams focus on my main windows target. You can then use other options to take them out of this mode but I normally start & stay in this mode unless I know I need to have different targets...

Understanding you are 2boxing and assuming your GF is in Slot 1 & your DC is in Slot 2 and your DC is in all of the following groups:
- the DC group, &
- the Ranged group, &
- FireTeam 2 (with your GF in FT1 and both are in FT3);

Next I would open up ISBoxer > Key Maps > Combat and read each key map...

Then I would open up ISBoxer > Key Maps > Non-Combat and read each key map...

Note that NeverBoxer is designed for a 5man group that could have multiple DCs and the "round-robin" feature is a mechanism that rotates the command in question to one DC after another before coming back to the first DC. Since you are in a GF+DC duo, anytime you see round-robin, I think that means that your single DC will get the command every time you press the key since there is only one DC the round-robin is sort of ignored...

I believe the following are the assumptions of how the DC Encounter Powers are slotted in NeverBoxer (you can change this later if you desire):
- Q: Sun Burst: normal:AoE Heal & with Divinity on: AoE-Knockback & bigger-AoE-Heal;
- E: Healing Word: normal: Regeration Heal-over-Time (HoT) on target & DC (DC subject to reduction) & w/Divinity: direct heal and no charge consumption;
- R: Searing Light: normal: Damage spell & w/Divinity: increased damage and damages targets near target;

With the above assumptions in mind the following key-maps stand-out to me as ready to go out of the box for your GF+DC duo:

Dailies & Potions:
- '1' Daily Skill slot - Single Daily Round-Robin (Hotkey: F4): Sends 1 to your Single DC;
- '2' Daily Skill slot - Single Daily Round-Robin (Hotkey: F5): Sends 2 to your Single DC;
- Broadcast 3 - Mass PotionDrink - Slot 3 (Shift+3): all party use slot 3 (drink potion or use item);
- Broadcast 4 - Mass PotionDrink - Slot 4 (Shift+4): all party use slot 4 (drink potion or use item);
- Broadcast 5 - Mass PotionDrink - Slot 5 (Shift+5): all party use slot 5 (drink potion or use item);

Encounter Powers:
- Full DPS Salvo MINI BOSS KILLER (Hotkey: F1): Sends R to the DC;
- AOE Heal 1 - Current Target (Hotkey: -): Q to your DC;
- Fire-Team # 2 Knockback (Shift + Mouse 5): Puts your DC in Divinity Mode, launches Q, then turns Divinity Mode off;
- Direct Heal SLOT1 (Shift+6): E to your GF in slot 1;
- Direct Heal SLOT2 (Shift+7): E to your DC in slot 2 (not sure I would do this as it may be the same healing on self as not targeting anything or healing your GF);
- Heal 1 - Current Target (Shift+-): E to your current target (could be one of your companions or an NPC);
- SLOT2 Power Key (Divinity, etc) (Hotkey: CapsLock): Manually puts your DC in Divinity mode (or turns Divinity Mode off) so you can manually change the behavior of the above Encounter powers;

Anyway, IIRC that is your default starting point in NeverBoxer for slave/back-ground DCs and you can modify from there.

For more details I would (re)read the following sections of the NeverBoxer documentation (and print out the keyboard layout guides):

- Part 3 - Keyboard Controls & Map: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4400

- Part 7 - The NeverBoxer Play-Guide: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4485

Return to Neverwinter