FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't get one window to resize properly

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lemartes99

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:52 pm

Can't get one window to resize properly

I upgraded my computer so had to reinstall everything.

I can't get slot 4 to resize properly. Also video settings won't stick, it resorts back to windowed mode.

If i resize it to full screen it is too large, windowed mode looks ok but the mouse is not in sync with the pointer on the screen.

I had this problem when I originally setup my config, but it eventually sorted itself out and saved the individual video configs for each Slot. THis time though, no matter what I do Slot 4 will not save the Windows/Fullscreen setting.

I am only using 1 copy of Neverwinter, so I have no idea where to look/how innerspace does individual configs for each slot.
<<

TonyO

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:49 pm

Re: Can't get one window to resize properly

lemartes99 wrote:I have no idea where to look/how innerspace does individual configs for each slot.

They are stored Gameprefs.pref in %Arc%\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\localdata, so probably "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arc\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\localdata

lemartes99 wrote:video settings won't stick, it resorts back to windowed mode.

The game seems to ignore fullscreen/windowed mode in the settings file. Mine starts fullscreen but I prefer windowed.

I would reassign virtual files for slot 4. Once you locate your virtual Gameprefs.pref files for slot 4, rename it and let ISBoxer create a new one.

If you get stuck, post your config. I will try to help (we want to know if two seals stack :) ). viewtopic.php?f=45&t=13
<<

lemartes99

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:16 pm

Ok found it. There was only 1 gamepref file so I renamed it and relaunched and it made 6 of them.

I think it was messing up because I am running it off a ram drive now, but still had my old Hard drive game profile on there, even though I had selected the ram drive for what game the characters should use. I removed the HD Neverwinter profile and ISBOXER made 6 gamepref files now.

Fullscreen still didn't work but Windowed mode seems to work fine. I hope it saves the settings.

One thing though, it is giving the gamepref files names that arn't my chars. My setup is a modified early Neverboxer, mabye it is using those names. Where would I look/change things to see ?
<<

TonyO

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:29 pm

lemartes99 wrote:My setup is a modified early Neverboxer, mabye it is using those names. Where would I look/change things to see ?

In ISBoxer the virtual file assigned to each character (select the character, go down to virtual files). If you rename your character, you need to edit each virtual file, or just simply remove and reassign them to let ISBoxer do it for you.
<<

lemartes99

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Ok tried deleting the virtual files and it fixed it once, but now it isn't working again. It does save all the video setting though, as when I logon they are set to minimum on the non-main windows. Screen size is always messed up.

Sometimes if I switch to fullscreen, then back to windowed mode it will work, but wouldnt work on all 4 screens today (1 would still stay messed up).
Kind of a pain since I know this setup worked before I upgraded. If I can't get it working I will post my config later. Not sure what to try next as I have redone the window wizard, deleted the virtual configs, and tried all 3 screen settings in Neverwinter.
<<

nodoze

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:08 pm

TonyO wrote:
lemartes99 wrote:I have no idea where to look/how innerspace does individual configs for each slot.

They are stored Gameprefs.pref in %Arc%\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\localdata, so probably "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arc\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\localdata

lemartes99 wrote:video settings won't stick, it resorts back to windowed mode.

The game seems to ignore fullscreen/windowed mode in the settings file. Mine starts fullscreen but I prefer windowed.

I would reassign virtual files for slot 4. Once you locate your virtual Gameprefs.pref files for slot 4, rename it and let ISBoxer create a new one.

If you get stuck, post your config. I will try to help (we want to know if two seals stack :) ). viewtopic.php?f=45&t=13
Hope we can get this fixed. If need be we can ping Sylver & Lax.

I agree with Tony that it is important to especially get you up and running again... Besides you being such a trooper and committed, we got to know if seals stack !
<<

Sylver

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:31 pm

I had a similar problem when I was working on the 1280x768 version of NB. I'd code at 1920x1200 at night and then do the low res on my laptop during the day.

The laptop kept going in and out of full screen to window mode no matter what I did because the laptop had an integrated intel GPU that was competing with the NVIDIA chip that it also had for playing games.

I ended up having to go back to an old version of the graphics drivers and the problem went away once I deleted (backed them up first tho) all of my config files and started from scratch.

Try disabling any onboard graphics you might have if that doesn't work... the newer intel cpus have them built in.

Don't know if that's the fix for your situtation, but I know that fixed mine enough for me to finish the config at that res.
- Sylver
<<

lemartes99

Post Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:19 am

No integrated graphics, but I am using 2 graphics cards. 1 for the main, and 1 for the 4 on the others.

Mabye thats the problem. It was working perfect before though, with a similar setup. Was GTX 650 with 9600 GSO, all I did was upgrade the 9600 to an identical GTX 650. Mabye it can't figure out what card to use now.

I did see an option in neverwinter to select a GFX card, if I can figure out which one is for what monitor i'll try setting that then.
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:16 pm

lemartes99 wrote:No integrated graphics, but I am using 2 graphics cards. 1 for the main, and 1 for the 4 on the others.

Mabye thats the problem. It was working perfect before though, with a similar setup. Was GTX 650 with 9600 GSO, all I did was upgrade the 9600 to an identical GTX 650. Mabye it can't figure out what card to use now.

I did see an option in neverwinter to select a GFX card, if I can figure out which one is for what monitor i'll try setting that then.
Lemartes99,

Are you two GPUs from the exact same manufacture and are they the same model or are they different in any way (besides being manufactured on different dates in different production run batches)?

If you haven't already I would review the following link:

http://isboxer.com/wiki/GPU_Management

If that doesn't help you can also look in the following 'IS Boxer Multiboxing Hardware' sub-forums (that is where I found the above link):

viewforum.php?f=30

Normally in a working system I try to change only one thing at a time because of situations like this but sometimes multiple things have to change and any time that happens it is hard to find the root cause(s) of the issue(s). It sounds like to upgrade your computer to two video cards you also upgraded your OS and re-installed everything (game, isboxer, innerspace, etc) likely using different graphics drivers so if so it is a really different setup with many changes and their may be multiple issues...

If things still are not working one thing I would consider doing is taking out the 2nd GPU temporarily and, using the original GPU that you had working before, see if you can get the standard NeverBoxer config on a single monitor (preferably the monitor you used before) working again on the new OS with the new Graphics-Divers & new installs of everything... The single-GPU single-monitor NeverBoxer setup is the simplest scenario and the one most tested... If you still can't get the windows to resize properly in that more standard config &/or other things aren't working then you likely have a problem somewhere else...

After that I would shut everything down and do the same thing with the second GPU by swapping the GPUs (just taking out the one that was working before and is working now and putting in the new one).

If both GPUs each tested fine in the new combination (new os/drivers/reinstalls) then I would look to then go back to SLI/Crossfire/dual-GPU config and try again.

To me it is good to know that each component is working fine independently before combing them.

Anyway that is how I would approach it if the above links aren't helpful and if after reviewing the link you are still hitting a wall on the new install/config.
<<

lemartes99

Post Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:43 pm

Just in case someone has a similar problem, forcing the game to use DirectX 9 fixed all my problems.
Next

Return to Neverwinter