Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sylver

Post Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Re: stuck at inviting my party

alklas wrote:a new question :
things are better now, i can move, follow, fight
but i have to rebind the keys F and I
and when i use I for inventory (i removed the inventory entry in isboxer configuration), the inventory of the character displays, and then the game client freezes definitevly. i have to kill it and reload all.
is it a known bug ?

I have a possible soltution:

If you are using NeverBoxer and have enabled the "optional" party inventory overview feature, you must make sure that you are using a horizontal rez of 1920 pixels. I have seen people report freezing problems before and this has been the culprit on several occasions. Remember, it's an optional feature for use at that resolution only as stated in the instructions. If you use this feature at any other resolution it may cause the screen to freeze as ISBoxer tries to access/position VFX screens that either aren't there or are outside of the screen area.

Maybe that helps?
- Sylver
<<

alklas

Post Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:10 am

Hello,

thanks for the support.
i am running in 1920*1080
and i removed the all characters inventory configuration from isboxer (simply deleted it :) )
i also did a fresh install of the game on another hard drive (the opportunity to move it to SSD)

and i just checked, i did not load the bindings, i did not changed it, i just invited the second character of my team (shift+INS), i opened inventory on main character (slot 1), and after 3 checks of what's in my inventory it froze.
the second character is working fine, even using inventory

i got this message (screenshot above) knowing i just re-installed the game...

<<

Sylver

Post Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:09 am

Hmmm... never seen anything like that before. Not certain that has anything to do with the NeverBoxer config, or the inventory option... looks like the game install has some real issues.

Maybe Lax knows something about how ISBoxer manages files for Neverwinter that might be involved here?
- Sylver
<<

alklas

Post Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:22 am

another fact to know is that the same caharacter, at the same place, using the same installation, and I is working fine, i can manage inventory
so it only happens when launching using isboxer/inner space.
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:28 pm

From the other thread the following sounds helpful for this thread as well since it also involves crashing:
lax wrote:Get me "Diagnostics for game crashes" from ISBoxer's Help menu
http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
<<

alklas

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:12 pm

Hello,

so i finally dig on these keys issues, and found that the accent keys are not direcly usable in the binding file
so for é, è, ç, à it needs to be replaced :

é : é
è : è
ç : ç
à : à

if somebody is using a french keyboard & Windows, that might help
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:50 pm

alklas wrote:Hello,

so i finally dig on these keys issues, and found that the accent keys are not direcly usable in the binding file
so for é, è, ç, à it needs to be replaced :

é : é
è : è
ç : ç
à : à

if somebody is using a french keyboard & Windows, that might help
Thanks for sharing your findings. Are your issues resolved or are you still having some? If you are still having issues, maybe restate the current situation. It may make sense to log a different thread for each issue so they aren't to cluttered into one thread.
Previous

Return to Neverwinter