FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

2 Issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lemartes99

Post Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:08 pm

2 Issues

Hi Everyone,

currently having 2 problems with the game that I can't figure out.

1. I get disconnects on Zone changes, only on the changes where the purple circle appears and all members will change at the same time. Usually 1 or 2 characters will disconnect immediately at the zone change. Thought it might have been due to on demand patching, but after disabling that it is still happening.

2. When I first enter a dungeon/instance - the first time I use any power there is a huge amount of lag. So much that sometimes my main char disconnects. I have pretty much found a work around where on the first pull i just go real slow and use each power in succession and this seems to work. Sometimes my main char will lag out deep in the dungeon though. Graphics setting seems to have no effect. Checked the process tree and it seems to be hanging on something to do with the network, can't remember exactly.

The first issue is the bigger problem, just thought I would ask and see if anyone has had it and if they fixed it.
<<

TonyO

Post Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:14 pm

Re: 2 Issues

It happens to me too, thus far my main is the one that drops. I have docsis 3.0 cable so I don't think it's bandwidth at the client end. I have graphics turned all the way up on my main, all the way down on the rest.
Since you must have the entire party in the purple circle, and all have to zone in at once, I don't have a work around for this.
<<

lemartes99

Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:19 pm

Ya i don't think its my internet either.

I tried running this game from a Ram drive before and i think it helped with the disconnects. The game has gotten too large now though, as I only have 16 Gig ram. I think i'm going to order a pair of SSD's and raid them and run the game from that and see if it helps.
<<

TonyO

Post Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:36 pm

lemartes99 wrote:Ya i don't think its my internet either.

I tried running this game from a Ram drive before and i think it helped with the disconnects. The game has gotten too large now though, as I only have 16 Gig ram. I think i'm going to order a pair of SSD's and raid them and run the game from that and see if it helps.

If you go from platter drive to SSD it would certainly give you an impressive boost in performance. I highly recommend it for boxing. However, I don't think it will help with this disconnect issue, because my OS and my favorite game folders are on a static drive and I have 32Gb RAM.
After I responded above, this happened to me again. I was only two-boxing and my slot 2 disconnected while exiting an instance dungeon. It only happens to me in Neverwinter, so I would blame the game, not your computer (unless you just need an excuse to upgrade :) ).
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:44 am

I agree that the disconnects may not be due to boxing. FWIW, disconnects happen to multiple guild-mates (especially on instance entry/exit) and seems to happen more to some than others. I rarely disconnect upon entry/exit (certainly much less than the others) and am pretty much always at least 2-boxing.

Return to Neverwinter