FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Having issues with Neverboxer locking up

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ragefury

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:17 pm

Having issues with Neverboxer locking up

When I run Neverboxer the characters load up but as soon as the 2nd character moves into the picture in picture section the Primary character client locks up and I can tab over to the secondary character but must close the game in task manager as the primary client is unresponsive. Any thoughts?
<<

Sylver

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:54 am

Re: Having issues with Neverboxer locking up

How many characters are in your party? Do you have it specifically set up for that exact number of characters?

Also, make sure everything is set up exactly as described in this link: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4484

Post your progress here and we'll all jump in and help troubleshoot. :-)
- Sylver
<<

ragefury

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:05 am

I've followed all the steps in the guide at least 2 dozen times over the past 3 days.

If I turn the VFX off I can keep it from locking up but the clients don't respond to commands. ISBoxer still displays that I pressed the follow command but the other toons won't follow the leader.
<<

Sylver

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:27 pm

Probably the fastest way for us to fix it is for you to post your config here. If you read the ISBoxer forums it tells you how to use Pastebin to do that...

Also, since the majority of the problems are related to the character setup, knowing the names of your characters will also help.

Usually when the follow doesn't work it's because something with the binds isn't working properly or the character name isn't 100% exactly the way Neverwinter wants it to be.

The only known issue with the config is that most people cannot get it to load the binds automatically and therefore must manually load the binds for each character once they log them in.

That's accomplished by using the following and the Neverwinter command line (chat box), substituting the necessary replacement names for the variables SetName and CharacterName: /bind_load_file isboxer-SetName-CharacterName-binds.txt

Don't worry, we'll get you up and running. :D
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:17 pm

Sylver wrote:How many characters are in your party? Do you have it specifically set up for that exact number of characters?

Also, make sure everything is set up exactly as described in this link: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4484

Post your progress here and we'll all jump in and help troubleshoot. :-)
ragefury wrote:I've followed all the steps in the guide at least 2 dozen times over the past 3 days.

If I turn the VFX off I can keep it from locking up but the clients don't respond to commands. ISBoxer still displays that I pressed the follow command but the other toons won't follow the leader.
How many characters are you running? I have tons of lockups on my Duo though I have less when I turned off the VFX for trades/inv/etc such that the only VFX I have left is the character(s). I say character(s) because with my Duo I only have one VFX & on the 5man I have 4 VFX left.

Due to locking up, on my duo, I try to avoid clicking on the character portraits for things like changing instances as interacting with Neverwinter's GUI in that manner seems to lock me very often.

Lastly, I agree that the inability to follow sounds like a binding issue.

I suspect it is because your in game binds aren't loading auto-matically as mine work regardless of whether VFX is on or off...

I don't know if that is a Cryptic bug or ISBoxer bug or what and why it happens to some but not others but I don't think we have found the full fix for that or not.

Thankfully as long as you don't change your keybinds the bindings are persistent and don't have to be reloaded each time you start up.

First verify your bind files are being created with data. If you did a default Neverwinter install they should be located in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live" folder and should have a format like:

isboxer-TEAM_NAME-CharacterName@account-binds.txt

The date/time stamp should be the date/time you launched the characters and they should not be blank.

If they are not blank then I would load them up using the console in each game client window (you can get the console to open by presssing /).

The commands I would try are:

/clear
/Unbind_all
/bind_load_file isboxer-TEAM_NAME-CharacterName@account-binds.txt

Please let us know if that fixes it.
<<

ragefury

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:04 pm

nodoze wrote:
The commands I would try are:

/clear
/Unbind_all
/bind_load_file isboxer-TEAM_NAME-CharacterName@account-binds.txt

Please let us know if that fixes it.

Follow is now working, Invites did not work, I am going to test attacks in a moment.
<<

ragefury

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:06 pm

Scratch that. Follow worked when I had my lead character targeted from the other client.
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:18 pm

ragefury wrote:Scratch that. Follow worked when I had my lead character targeted from the other client.
Try to upload your config so we can do our best to assist further. Details on how to do that should be here:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=13

Return to Neverwinter