FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Companion Stats

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lemartes99

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:03 pm

Companion Stats

Hey everyone, i've been doing some reading and testing on companions and have come up with some interesting information. It seems they max out at around 500 Stats and use a pretty steep scale with probablly 75% of the bonuses coming from 0-200. here are some of my tests. (Rocky & Brokk are Caleb Durrs)

Testing Crit

Rocky 375 Crit DPS : 63.36 Crit : 20% Avg Slam : 370
Brokk 0 Crit DPS : 55.64 Crit : 10% Avg Slam : 357

Rocky 645 Crit DPS : 74.79 Crit : 23% Avg Slam : 373
Brokk 0 Crit DPS : 62.85 Crit : 10% Avg Slam : 353

Testing Recovery

Rocky 375 Recovery DPS : 64.53 Slam : 55 Hurl Stones : 5
Brokk 0 Recovery DPS : 57.32 Slam : 47 Hurl Stones : 5

Rocky 645 Recovery DPS : 66.73 Slam : 57 Hurl Stones : 5
Brokk 0 Recovery DPS : 45.20 Slam : 39 Hurl Stones : 5

I don't think recovery works with companions, the difference in slams is mainly because Rocky is on my main and goes in first so always get an extra hot or 2 in. If recovery did anything he would have got more hurl stones in.

Life Steal - Here are some stats from a section of a Master of the hunt Run

Caleb Durr with 274 Lifesteal
Total Damage : 37,781
Health Stolen : 19,718
52% Stolen

Neverember guard with 378 Lifesteal
Total Damage : 46,967
Health Stolen : 17,956
38% Stolen

Dancing Shield with 462 Lifesteal
Total Damage : 71,341
Health Stolen : 37,476
52% Stolen

Caleb Durr with 308 Lifesteal
Total Damage : 38,983
Health Stolen : 20,186
51% Stolen

Testing with 120 Lifesteal gave about 30% Returned. I think 300 to 350 is the sweet spot, giving 50% average.
Both Armor Pen & Power gave roughly 10% DPS increase at 300. I need to test this in a skirmish for better data.

Pets Abilities
Stats taken from 7 Minutes of Master of the hunt

Caleb Durr # 1
Stone Warden : 5408

Caleb Durr # 2
Stone Warden : 3424

Neverember guard
Dutybound : 108,398

This is significant. On foundrys vs a single enemy, Dutybound outperforms stone warden by 10x, in dungeons against multiple enemies as much as 20x. Either Stone Warden is broken and doesn't do anything, or Dutybound procs an awful lot. I've pretty bummed about this as I bought 2 Calebs, but the neveremeber guard seems much better. More DPS, 2 Abilities that hold agro, and a pretty awesome self heal. Caleb is really good for initial agro, if only recovery worked with hurl stones. I will do some more monitoring of this.

Greater Serene Runestone - Data from 7 Min master of the Hunt
Caleb # 1 : 4779
Guard : 4248
Shield : 3717

Average of 8 or so procs, roughly 1 a minute. Lucky if it returns 500 health per fight.

Once my Helmite Ghost Paladin is 30 i will post stats on his Mark that is supposed to grant healing to everyone.

Really didn't have any way to test deflect, I will be lowering all there deflect to 300 and see if it affects anything, but preliminary testing looks like they don't deflect anything. So i don't think they utilize recovery or deflect at all.

Personally I think the best stats for pet tanks is :

Defence : 500
Lifesteal : 300
Crit : 300
The rest on Health
A little Armor Pen or power is nice as well, but it has minimal impact. 100 is all that is needed to get most of the benefit.
<<

nodoze

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:13 pm

Re: Companion Stats

lemartes99 wrote:Hey everyone, i've been doing some reading and testing on companions and have come up with some interesting information. It seems they max out at around 500 Stats and use a pretty steep scale with probablly 75% of the bonuses coming from 0-200. here are some of my tests. (Rocky & Brokk are Caleb Durrs)
This is significant. On foundrys vs a single enemy, Dutybound outperforms stone warden by 10x, in dungeons against multiple enemies as much as 20x. Either Stone Warden is broken and doesn't do anything, or Dutybound procs an awful lot. I've pretty bummed about this as I bought 2 Calebs, but the neveremeber guard seems much better. More DPS, 2 Abilities that hold agro, and a pretty awesome self heal. Caleb is really good for initial agro, if only recovery worked with hurl stones. I will do some more monitoring of this.

Very good post.

I am curious how Caleb Dur's regeneration compares to the Guard's self heal.

You may find once you add your CW to the group that your Caleb Dur's are diamonds in the rough with their hard taunt.

I think the main advantage of Caleb Dur is that he has a hard taunt which can take the aggro from any character. I suspect that any companion will not be able to consistently take aggro from a real DPS character without a hard taunt... I say this because with hate as relative to a real DPS character any companion does anemic DPS so their hate multiplier times anemic still likely would not be enough.

I would be curious what your testing shows especially once you add a CW to the group. DCs DPS is pretty low so I could see a tankish companion's hate mutiplier and damage being enough to take aggro from them.
<<

lemartes99

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:53 am

...[/quote]

I am curious how Caleb Dur's regeneration compares to the Guard's self heal.
[/quote]

His regen is the Stone Warden stats I posted. Thats what I was comparing, the 2 tanks heal abilities. Warden vs Dutybound.

I agree about the hard taunt, he really does grab agro. Too bad it's a 2 min cooldown and theres no way to improve that, so he can only get the agro on the first mob of the fight. I'm going to do some damage testing later this week to see whos getting the most agro. Thinking of buying a bear or the new huntsman tank to test out on a CW.
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:41 pm

lemartes99 wrote:...
nodoze wrote:I am curious how Caleb Dur's regeneration compares to the Guard's self heal.

His regen is the Stone Warden stats I posted. Thats what I was comparing, the 2 tanks heal abilities. Warden vs Dutybound.

I agree about the hard taunt, he really does grab agro. Too bad it's a 2 min cooldown and theres no way to improve that, so he can only get the agro on the first mob of the fight. I'm going to do some damage testing later this week to see whos getting the most agro. Thinking of buying a bear or the new huntsman tank to test out on a CW.
Ahh I was thinking you were posting the Pet DPS not the Pet's Healing and that may indeed change which is the most valuable.

Does the hard taunt wear off quickly or does it last the entire 2 minutes? That is key.

Very interested in what you find out. I definitely want the the most aggro holding self healing pets myself as well. If the hard taunt is only for 15 secs with a 2min CD then it may well be inferior (even though it is epic/purple).

Lastly curious what you are using to collect the battle info regarding damage/healing?
<<

lemartes99

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:10 pm

I'm using Advanced Combat Tracker

just turn on the combat log in game

/combatlog 1 to turn it on, 0 to turn it off
Look in the live/log dir i think. Its called combatlog.txt, theres a log dir in there somewhere.

you just load the log file in ACT and you get all the info. you can narrow things down by ability, or encounter, or whatever. it is really good.

I'm not sure how long the taunt works for, not sure how we could test it, but you are right. If it lasts a while, Caleb will still be my main pet tank on char 1 as that is very important to grab the initial agro for my setup.

My Helmite Paladin is level 27 now, will be able to test his seal soon. Hoping he was worth the diamonds to make him epic. If his seal works really good I may raise the second one I have (on my tank) and see if the seals stack and give the 1xGF 4xDC another try (That extra healing might be the edge they need). The prob though, it seems to be luck of the draw with companions. Some abilities are completely useless, and it costs so much to raise them to epic to test. There is also very little info on the mechanics of this game.
<<

nodoze

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:24 pm

Thanks for taking the time to test. Please report back about the Paladin's performance.
<<

lemartes99

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:21 am

Paladin Update

This is for a full Master of the Hunt Run

Helmite Seal

Procced an average of 50 TIMES per Pet!!! And up to 90 procs on my Clerics!
Healing is based on how fast you attack.

For the paladin, dancing shield and Neverember guard it procced about 50 times and healed for 70 to 80K. To put this in perspective, forgemasters flame healed them for about 60K. This is amazing, it healed as much as 5XFlames. For the Calebs, it healed for about 30K. Still good.

For my team, it healed them for about 50K (It does not overheal, the max heal is about 1300 for it), with the flame doing about 55 to 60K. Again, totally AWESOME! it heals as much as any of my Clerics heals.

Also, his DPS was the best for all companions, about 200. And I think his shield bash applies the weak debuff, as I saw it go off above mobs quite a bit. I have 3 shield bashes on my companion team now.

If this seal stacks.... WOW. I immediately went and bought 5 from the auction before they are gone. This is a must have companion for us boxers. GET SOME NOW! They will be gone soon, or once this gets out selling for a million.

Oh and heres the stats for Companions self heals for a full Hunt run.

Caleb Durr
Stone Warden 18,582 total healed.

Neverember guard
Dutybound 36 Procs, average 6.5K heal per proc, for a total of..... 230K HEALED!!!!

Now, a lot of this is overhealing i'm sure since dutboung is a fixed amount heal, and the Caleb heal is dependent on how much health he is missing so this plays a big factor, and my pets stay pretty close to full health. But still.. Dutybound is awesome! My goal is to try to raise his HP to 30K now to get bigger dutybound heals.

The run took me 16 mins, so duty bound procced every 26 seconds. Which is prolly twice per encounter, which is pretty sweet.

If Helmite Seal stacks, my Ideal team now will be 1 Caleb, 2 guards and 2 Paladins. I kinda like my dancing shield though (I think it looks so cool). But for someone just putting together an EPIC pet team now, that is what I would go with.

After redoing my talents, and picking the right combos, and redoing my pets, my team is Much stronger. I blow through the Hunt skirmish like its nothing now, i have figured out what stacks and how many times and have really optimized things. Really hoping theres some epic dungeons I can do. Will try once I finish feywild/get barkshield enchants/and Royal priest gear. Too bad the upcoming mount from the CTA event is going to be BOP. Was hoping to make some cash from that.

PS. Don't waste your money on Serene Runestones for the pets. Total garbage. Procs once a minute for a whopping 531 heal. After finals, I will do a full playguide for 5x Clerics, as I have found some AWESOME combos that do massive damage. Sill testing stuff.
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:06 pm

lemartes99 wrote:Paladin Update ...

Helmite Seal: Procced an average of 50 TIMES per Pet!!! And up to 90 procs on my Clerics!
Healing is based on how fast you attack.

... For my team, it healed them for about 50K (It does not overheal, the max heal is about 1300 for it), with the flame doing about 55 to 60K. Again, totally AWESOME! it heals as much as any of my Clerics heals.

Also, his DPS was the best for all companions, about 200. And I think his shield bash applies the weak debuff, as I saw it go off above mobs quite a bit. I have 3 shield bashes on my companion team now.

If this seal stacks.... WOW. I immediately went and bought 5 from the auction before they are gone. This is a must have companion for us boxers. GET SOME NOW! They will be gone soon, or once this gets out selling for a million.

If Helmite Seal stacks, my Ideal team now will be 1 Caleb, 2 guards and 2 Paladins. I kinda like my dancing shield though (I think it looks so cool). But for someone just putting together an EPIC pet team now, that is what I would go with.

After redoing my talents, and picking the right combos, and redoing my pets, my team is Much stronger. I blow through the Hunt skirmish like its nothing now, i have figured out what stacks and how many times and have really optimized things. Really hoping theres some epic dungeons I can do. Will try once I finish feywild/get barkshield enchants/and Royal priest gear. Too bad the upcoming mount from the CTA event is going to be BOP. Was hoping to make some cash from that.

playguide for 5x Clerics, as I have found some AWESOME combos that do massive damage. Sill testing stuff.
Regarding Epic 5mans you can do I still think your best bet is Epic "Throne of Idris" (TI) because I have a hard time seeing you get a better perch than those 4 Pillars ontop of the Coffin for a Boss Fight...

I can totally see TI as a "slow and steady heal through everything" boss fight will less danger from adds and you get to skip at least 1 Boss for maxing out Dungeon Delves.

Currently who on your team is getting the main aggro from the Boss ?

One thing to note is that the Helmite Paladin is actually a Healer (Leader) so he should be healing more and since he is not a Tank (Defender) he likely has no DPS "hate multiplier" nor a Hard Taunt (that overrides any DPS) so you may end up having an aggro issue.

If you go with 1 Caleb and 2 Guards and 2 Paladins I would be very curious if the Guards can steal Boss aggro from Caleb.... Basically curious if any pet can overide Caleb's taunt. I wonder if Caleb gives a debuff we can track...

Speaking of Leaders (Healers) have you ever considered Lilend? I have never had one to try out but all 3 of Lilend's abilities heal or amplify healing and 2 of her abilities do damage or amplify damage... Another interesting thing is that all of her healing abilities scale with the power of the team as they are percentages of your HPs...

Very interested in what you find out regarding the Helmite Paladin's seal stacking...

Speaking of Tanks/Defender pets, did you ever try the Man-at-Arms ?

Looking very much forward to your Team guide.
<<

lemartes99

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:13 pm

I've been watching the tanks agro on the last couple runs. The guard gets it most of the time. He can pull something off me in a hit or 2.
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:32 pm

lemartes99 wrote:I've been watching the tanks agro on the last couple runs. The guard gets it most of the time. He can pull something off me in a hit or 2.
That is very heartening. Do you think there is really a place for Caleb Dur then or would 4 guards and 1 Paladin (or more Paladins if the seals stack) be better? I guess with 5 DCs the big thing is that Caleb opens up with a hard taunt and the companions won't attack unless you do so you need a good opener that take aggro...

For me I am still thinking I want to try 1 GF + 4 DCs for some melee action in the mix and the ability to control agro more so maybe my calebs won't make the final team.

I am very interested in what you combos are and what your team DPS turns out to be... On a boss that doesn't get healed it don't matter as much but the aggro testing you are doing on your DCs may not translate well to a team with one or more true DPS team-mates.
Last edited by nodoze on Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Return to Neverwinter