FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Companion Stats

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nodoze

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:53 pm

Re: Companion Stats

Was doing some maintenance and seeing what has shown up since I last looked...

Wild Hunt Rider: Defender/Tank : 2 Taunts + Hate/Threat. No self heal and instead gets +5 defense per 1% health lost.

If you do find you are taking aggro from the guards and IF Caleb's taunt has a short duration with a long cool-down then the WHR may be superior with 2 taunts (especially if short cool-downs).
<<

lemartes99

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:54 pm

nodoze wrote:
lemartes99 wrote:I've been watching the tanks agro on the last couple runs. The guard gets it most of the time. He can pull something off me in a hit or 2.
That is very heartening. Do you think there is really a place for Caleb Dur then or would 4 guards and 1 Paladin (or more Paladins if the seals stack) be better? I guess with 5 DCs the big thing is that Caleb opens up with a hard taunt and the companions won't attack unless you do so you need a good opener that take aggro...

For me I am still thinking I want to try 1 GF + 4 DCs for some melee action in the mix and the ability to control agro more so maybe my calebs won't make the final team.

I am very interested in what you combos are and what your team DPS turns out to be... On a boss that doesn't get healed it don't matter as much but the aggro testing you are doing on your DCs may not translate well to a team with one or more true DPS team-mates.

Well like i said, if you were starting a new team and wanted pet tanks, I would 100% go guards/paladins over caleb for sure. I don't think i would replace any Calebs though, the guard is better, but Caleb holds agro fine and seems to take a beating but the guard is better in all aspects. Better heal, Better DPS (So better lifesteal), and 2 abilities that generate Threat. If diamonds are no object though, and if Epic Ghost paladin seals stack... Guards/Ghosts would be a dream team, you could probably leave them for quite a bit and they would keep themselves up with the self healing.

I'm going to be trying out all the chars on slot 1 paired with the clerics soon as my chars I made to farm leadership are closing in on 60. Try to see what is best. Waiting till after the CTA even to mess with stuff though. Fairly confident the cleric team can handle that, and it plays really well now. Hoping to farm the hell out of it next weekend and get some Wolf mounts.

I put a Ghost paladin on my GF, so will up him to EPIC soon and see if the seal stacks.
<<

nodoze

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:37 pm

lemartes99 wrote:... Well like i said, if you were starting a new team and wanted pet tanks, I would 100% go guards/paladins over caleb for sure. I don't think i would replace any Calebs though, the guard is better, but Caleb holds agro fine and seems to take a beating but the guard is better in all aspects. Better heal, Better DPS (So better lifesteal), and 2 abilities that generate Threat. If diamonds are no object though, and if Epic Ghost paladin seals stack... Guards/Ghosts would be a dream team, you could probably leave them for quite a bit and they would keep themselves up with the self healing.

I'm going to be trying out all the chars on slot 1 paired with the clerics soon as my chars I made to farm leadership are closing in on 60. Try to see what is best. Waiting till after the CTA even to mess with stuff though. Fairly confident the cleric team can handle that, and it plays really well now. Hoping to farm the hell out of it next weekend and get some Wolf mounts.

I put a Ghost paladin on my GF, so will up him to EPIC soon and see if the seal stacks.
Very interested to hear whether they stack. Per your recommendation I did pick up 5 Ghost Paladins fairly cheaply since they may be a limited release item (though they may be seasonal).

It would be cool if you could post the nutshell of your cleric group guide. For boss fights I am most curious regarding feats/power slotted and strategy/rotations and whether or not you use fire teams.
<<

lemartes99

Post Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:06 pm

Found this list of the Upcoming bonuses for Active pets in the expansion.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showth ... companions

Here is what I am planning for my group.

Main Tank Pet

2x Caleb / 1x Neverember guard / 2x Helmite GHost Paladin

For the Buff Pets each Char will Have

1x Pig - %HP Healed when Controlled
1x Wererat Thief - % On Encounter to Poison
1x Ghost Paladin - Recovery + Regen
Not sure on the Last one, I bought 5x Skeleton Warriors I could use, but will prolly sell them when the price goes up. Would like something else that has a %of Damage on encounter powers since i'm really lacking in DPS.

Pretty sure the % buffs are 1 for Green, 3% for Blue, and 5% For epic but that doesn't match 100% with whats posted.

Just went and bought 5x Pigs while they are still cheap. Not sure if anyone will want them anyways, but if it does goto 5% Healed at epic, that will be a godsend for me as my entire party gets hit with control stuff a lot and its really the only time I die if they can chain them together and I can't get a heal off.

Going to be a busy Holiday break this year with Neverwinter.

Artifacts, and 5x Epic Pets per guy and I plan on unlocking 2 more slots for each char to raise my Leadership Diamond generation a bit. + I'm still working on getting the Weapon / Armor Gems and building up Rank 8's for everyone/companions.
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:58 pm

EDIT: Note this is a continuation of the last several posts in the 'List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments' thread. To get the conversation before here go to:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3956&p=23838#p23838]

I moved my reply from the 'List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments' to this thread because the companion discussion seemed more natural over here...

Once I get my new leveling group DCx3+CWx2 to 60 I plan to have my 5-man team with pets as follows:

-Slot1: Tank: ......GF: 60 : pet: Ioun Stone (buff's tank and cannot die->may replace with Paladin if they stack);
-Slot2: Heal/DPS: DC: 60 : pet: Ioun Stone (may replace with Neverember Guard);
-Slot3: Heal/DPS: DC: 30 : pet: Galeb Dur (may replace with Guard or Paladin);
-Slot4: Heal/DPS: DC: 30 : pet: Neverember Guard;
-Slot5: Heal/DPS: DC: 30 : pet: Paladin;

-Alt1: CC/DPS....: CW: 30 : pet: Man-at-Arms (may replace with a Neverember Guard if I sub a CW in for a DC);
-Alt2: CC/DPS....: CW: 30 : pet: Man-at-Arms (may replace with a Neverember Guard if I sub a CW in for a DC);

In the end I may only have a Ioun stone on my Paladin as I don't want my GF's pet ping-ponging aggro when I want to position the boss or adds. That would leave me with 4 active companions as follows (unless I hear Paladin's stack):

- Galeb_Dur+Neverember_Guardx2+Paladin;

Like you both I also made the investment in a Galeb_Dur but I may just treat him as a sunk cost and replace Galeb_Dur with Neverember Guard to be Ioun_Stone on my GF Tank with active companions as follows (unless I hear Paladin's stack):

-Neverember_Guardx3+Paladin (unless I hear Paladin's stack);

I am curious what you think of Lilith?
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:11 pm

Also, I think the following is the link to the official Neverwinter Wiki page on companions:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Companion

If we notice change in what is offered we can update that site and discuss it here.
<<

lemartes99

Post Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:41 pm

So far i am loving Lillend, am really conisdering 2 more for the last slot on my CW's. Would give an 8% heal whenever I cast a daily, paired with the Paladins this would be (hopefully if the seals stack) substantial passive healing. I can also confirm Lillends AOE heal, and Active bonus heal both stack. I will be posting official Heal stats for her as soon as I get around to logging a dungeon run.

I had a few extra Zen so I grabbed the Wild hunt tank to replace Galeb on my main today before the sale ends. So both my Galebs are idle now... I really wish perfect world would sell an unbind token for pets.

So glad my party is pretty much done with buying pets now. Leveling them all to epic is gonna be a real sink though.
<<

lemartes99

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:41 pm

Found a use for Galeb.

He's a pretty good pet for Sword Coast Adventures if any of you play that.
Pretty much guaranteed to beat any encounter that needs shield dice.

You need 4 epic pets though to beat the level 6 dungeon and get a chance at the Lightfoot Thief.
<<

nodoze

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:32 pm

lemartes99 wrote:Found a use for Galeb.

He's a pretty good pet for Sword Coast Adventures if any of you play that.
Pretty much guaranteed to beat any encounter that needs shield dice.

You need 4 epic pets though to beat the level 6 dungeon and get a chance at the Lightfoot Thief.
LOL. Very cool and thanks for sharing. Maybe I won't regret buying Galeb after all !
<<

lemartes99

Post Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Lillend Update
Run # 1
Audio Drain (Her AOE Heal)
Healed Tank : 26,660
Healed Pet Tank: 62,447 (Damn Neverember guard, holds amazing agro, better than my GF)
Healed Cleric: 19,874
For Reference: 2x Forgemasters Flame on Tank: 36,558

Run #2
Healed Tank: 37,906
Healed Pet Tank: 62,271
Healed Cleric: 18,716
For Reference 2x Forgemasters Flame on Tank: 47,374

Rejuventating Chord
Run #1: 7,299
Run #2: 4,841
Nothing Great, but she only heals when I’m taking damage so hard to gauge.
Audio Drain seems very good though, as it heals everyone.
And just for reference, her Audio Drain does about 100 DPS. Did about 30K damage each run.
Her Song of Life Daily is Pathetic (For an entire run was only like 2k per character) If you buy this pet, plan to use her.
Overall very nice healer. Look forward to an update where I test if 2 of them stack. She’s a little squishy though, but since Pet AI has improved a lot she stays out of most combat pretty well now.

heres her gear
Attachments
Lady Vashj.jpg
Lady Vashj.jpg (71.76 KiB) Viewed 11074 times
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter