FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Round 2

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lemartes99

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:19 am

Round 2

Hey everyone, got the gaming bug again, and i've only got another 6 weeks of college before the break so want to start getting the team in shape for some EPIC dungeons over the X-Mas break. Just reactivated my lavish subscription.

I've been doing crafting twice a day for last 2 months so I have a good source of diamonds (6 out of 12 chars at max leadership now) and I might some more chars. Wanted to wait for the ranger class though, but it seems to be taking a while.

Crafting and Invocations only got my CW's to 45ish levels though, hopefully they make it to 60 by December, might switch over and just do all the big XP tasks for them instead of diamond farming, or I might have to resort to actually playing them.... Would like to try 3xDC and 2xCW with tank pets.

I came pretty close on quite a few dungeons before, and I have a ton of gems now for them so that should be a boost. Also got a second Caleb and upgraded the neverember guard to epic (3 Epic pets now, was only 1 before). And they finally fixed the floating shield pet!!! Can't wait to try it as he just floating there before and did nothing. I also picked up a few Ghost Paladins to try, so the team will have 4x Tank Pets and 1 Ghost paladin for the debuff.

My GF is 60 now, so I will try him in a team as well.
I'll update this thread as I clear dungeons. I'm sure there's a few that can be done.
<<

nodoze

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:34 pm

Re: Round 2

Glad to hear it ! I have 5 characters doing leadership on my main account and 3 other and 2 on the third but only a few are 20 and many are ~18 with the rest around 13...

I do one in IE, one in Firefox, and one in Opera and I never started in on the rest because I didn't like logging out/in. Do you do all of yours in one browser logging out/in between accounts ?

GL in round 2. I still duo on my mains at 60 and my guild is working on Malabog's but my 5man team is stuck at 30 as I don't have the time nor desire to level them right now.
<<

lemartes99

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:57 pm

I do all mine in game. I have it down to about 20 mins for all 12 accounts.

Working on the Feywild stuff right now on my main team, at least hoping I can farm the next CTA event on them.

If I can't even do the CTA skirmish event coming up I think I will start a team on Rift.
<<

Sylver

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:46 am

By the way, the Ranger class is coming in the next update... hopefully I'll be back up and running by then (finally moving to Hawaii next week).

I'm thinking that the new class might actually make this game fun again? :roll: Curious to see what the Ranger brings to the table - if there are lots of traps, then it could be a new (and easier) way to trap all the ads to death.
- Sylver
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:50 pm

Sylver wrote:By the way, the Ranger class is coming in the next update... hopefully I'll be back up and running by then (finally moving to Hawaii next week).

I'm thinking that the new class might actually make this game fun again? :roll: Curious to see what the Ranger brings to the table - if there are lots of traps, then it could be a new (and easier) way to trap all the ads to death.
Best I can see so far is that the Ranger should bring Rogue-like single-target DPS but at range. The teaser video they released did have the Ranger go melee as well but for 5boxing I think that the Ranged option is the much better way to go.

The above being said, unless they have or do re-balance the classes, the Control Wizard's DPS is close to a Rogue (and likely a Ranger unless Rangers out DPS Rogues which would make little sense)...

If Rangers and Rogues are similar and Control Wizards are not far behind DPS-wise but also bring Crowd Control to the table, I would think that Control Wizards would still be the best option for 5boxing...

We will know more when the expansion and Ranger class drops but I am thinking Control Wizards will likely still be the best non-tank/non-healer's in the 5boxing groups.

The above being said I personally like Rangers and prefer them over Wizards or Rogues so I may make a 5man team to level at some point with at least 2-4 Rangers.
<<

lemartes99

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:49 pm

Hey guys,

after a bunch more failed attempts, I tried something new and cleared Master of the Hunt. Looks like this will be very farmable for the cleric team, and profitable since those barkshield shards are worth like 20K each. (Once i get a bunch for myself first at least). I got 2 on the run, and 2 guys got 1K diamonds. Hopefully once I get armor/weapon enchants and finish feywild I can do speed runs in this place and finally start to earn some real money!

So at least a faint light at the end of the tunnel.
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:58 pm

lemartes99 wrote:Hey guys,

after a bunch more failed attempts, I tried something new and cleared Master of the Hunt. Looks like this will be very farmable for the cleric team, and profitable since those barkshield shards are worth like 20K each. (Once i get a bunch for myself first at least). I got 2 on the run, and 2 guys got 1K diamonds. Hopefully once I get armor/weapon enchants and finish feywild I can do speed runs in this place and finally start to earn some real money!

So at least a faint light at the end of the tunnel.
Great to hear ! Have you tried mixing in a GF with 4 clerics or are you still going 5 Clerics?
<<

lemartes99

Post Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:14 am

Still 5 clerics.

Since most bosses move around / throw aoe around so much I don't think a Tank would help me much. I tried a few things with the GF and it didn't help. I would like to try 1xCW and 4xDC now once one of my wizards gets to 60. Or mabye a ranger leading when they come out. My new strat is I re-equipped them with defence gear, and am using forsight. I don't even try to get out of the way of AOE now, i just save my Astral shield and try to drop it before, then use 5xSunburst after it. Works most of the time for the Hunt boss.

Has anyone got it working where you can dodge the whole team our of the way of something ?
<<

nodoze

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:03 pm

lemartes99 wrote:Still 5 clerics.

Since most bosses move around / throw aoe around so much I don't think a Tank would help me much. I tried a few things with the GF and it didn't help. I would like to try 1xCW and 4xDC now once one of my wizards gets to 60. Or mabye a ranger leading when they come out. My new strat is I re-equipped them with defence gear, and am using forsight. I don't even try to get out of the way of AOE now, i just save my Astral shield and try to drop it before, then use 5xSunburst after it. Works most of the time for the Hunt boss.

Has anyone got it working where you can dodge the whole team our of the way of something ?
Neverboxer has multiple group movement and group dodge.

Personally I would think a CW with the black hole would be a good to add some CC (not sure about rangers).
<<

lemartes99

Post Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:42 am

Just want to let everyone know Pit Fight isn't too bad to box if you have multiple healers. Can heal through pretty much everything on the boss. I've died a few times, but only if those wolf mages through me around, but usually it goes smooth.

ok Just Ran it a few more times, so I have it down pretty good.

This one can be healed through with a cleric team. Pretty sure even 4x Could do it.
Has anyone else tried boxing this CTA event ?
Last edited by lemartes99 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Return to Neverwinter