FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Neverboxer - Invite works, follow and everything else does n

Moderator: MiRai

<<

balfhedii

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Neverboxer - Invite works, follow and everything else does n

I've been in the chatroom all day trying to figure this out and I've made some progress then lost it. First off here's my ISBoxer configuration at the time of posting: pastelink.me/dl/05d357#sthash.H4rKVmUG.dpuf

A few things to note:

Invite/disband/invoke, etc. all work fine.
Combat and everything else do not work.
I know I shouldn't have to include isboxer-binds.txt in the virtual files but someone in the chat suggested that I do and I had some luck with it, although right now nothing's working except for invite, etc. I've tried several times to

/unbind_all
/bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt
/bind_load_file isboxer-3man-Rotand-binds.txt
/bind_load_file isboxer-3man-Purist Thunderwrath-binds.txt
/bind_load_file isboxer-3man-Coda-binds.txt (for each different character)

Earlier while I was getting some help in chat I was able to have either SLOT 2 or SLOT 3 follow and assist me though never both of them at once. Now I have no idea what I messed up to make them not work again. That's all I can think of right now, thanks in advance for any help. Also I'll be in the chatroom as Balf_ if anyone wants to talk to me there.
<<

Sylver

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: Neverboxer - Invite works, follow and everything else does n

Ok, I'm looking at your config and notice that in the Virtual Files that you have isboxer-binds.txt virtualized. That is nowhere in the installation instructions...and may be the cause of your problems. Recommend taking that away and seeing if that solves your problem.

In fact, when I look at the virtual files for your characters, I see them doubled - don't know what that will do to the binds, but it probably confuses them somehow. Again, isboxer-binds.txt shouldn't be virtualized and may be the culprit here.

Give that a try and report back and we'll take it from there... :)
- Sylver
<<

balfhedii

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Yes that was the only place I deviated from following the instructions word for word (several times :lol: ) but like I said some people in the chat room were trying to think of ANYTHING that could help. I've once again unvirtualized isboxer-binds.txt, exported to Inner Space, /unbind_all to each character and then /bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt and like usual invites, disbands, invocation are working but nothing else. When I press 'v' nothing happens except for the "Follow me!" text. My followers do not target the leader in SLOT 1.

Here's my configuration after removing isboxer-binds.txt from virtual files. pastelink.me/dl/089bc6#sthash.MRiMhBP7.dpuf

Also, invite disband invocation works without using /bind_load_file isboxer-3man-Rotand-binds.txt and the other two slots.
<<

Sylver

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:29 pm

I'm still seeing isboxer-binds.txt in your virtual files for each individual character - make sure to remove those as well. Only gameprefs.prefs and /launcher should be there...

Also under Game Helpers -> Cryptic Studio, make sure that the NeverBoxer macro set is highlighted on the bottom right for the character set, and for each character in the set. I'm seeing that this is not the case and could be excluding some of your characters because of it.

Another thing to try is - what binds are present in your binds file? Can you paste one of them from a character as well? That will show if the binds are actually making it into the game or not.

Then if you dump the binds to a text file from within the game what do they look like? Can you please paste one of those as well? That will show if Neverwinter is actually "using/keeping" them or not.

Ideally, your original bind.txt file and the one you dump from the game should look the same...

Let's try those steps for now... =)
- Sylver
<<

balfhedii

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:54 pm

Okay I removed isboxer-binds.txt from each character's virutal files. Also confirmed that the NeverBoxer macro is highlighted in the character set and each character. Here's a screen shot : Image

Here's the binds dump for each character:

http://privatepaste.com/7655aa562b
http://privatepaste.com/890795800b
http://privatepaste.com/a3d4a5a10f

And finally, new config file:
pastelink.me/dl/3f986e#sthash.yiXl50A9.dpuf
<<

balfhedii

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:28 pm

I figured it was worth a shot to try to go through all the steps again and make a fresh NeverBoxer but still no dice. Here's a screen shot comparing my binds dump and the stock binds file:

So I'm assuming they're identical - the one on the right being the same as the left just with hex instead of F7, etc.?
Also assuming that there should be more in the dump? Still no idea what the hell's going on, hopefully we can get to the bottom of it!
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:11 am

I should have asked first, but have you updated ISBoxer lately? There were some recent changes with ISBoxer that caused issues.

I'll look into your config more tonite when I can get to a computer.
- Sylver
<<

balfhedii

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:25 am

Well, I only downloaded it a couple of days ago so I've never used a previous version.
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:21 am

Your binds look normal and it appears that the game is digesting your binds and not losing any.

I'm starting to think that your characters and/or character set are not set up properly. The one thing I see that is different in your config that what is in the instructions is that your "Actual Character name (if different)" should ONLY contain the first name. It looks like you have the whole two parts of the name (before and after the @). Try putting just the first name (like in the picture in the setup guide):

And make sure to rename your characters using the entire name (before and after the @) - see the top left of the screenshot.

Tell me if that helps.
- Sylver
<<

balfhedii

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:28 am

Okay it's hard to keep up with all these things that are happening and what I'm changing to make them happen but here goes:

First off only the first name before the @ is in Actual Character name (if different), and I changed the characters' names in the top left to add the @____. Either I'm crazy or you edited your post, but anyway the first thing I did was delete the SLOT 4 and SLOT 5 part of binds.txt and after launching the team 1. Invite no longer worked for SLOT 3 ONLY and 2. Follow worked for SLOT 2 ONLY but not combat. SLOT 2 would follow me and then once I started auto attacking he'd just stand there. I have my SLOT 2 and 3 in Fire Group 1 and all 3 slots in Fire Group 3 (I was told that's the "attack what the leader is attacking" group).

This is exactly what was happening earlier - one of the 2 slots would follow and for some reason it's now giving me the "cannot find player, try using @handle, etc." error when trying to invite SLOT 3. It's just "Coda@balfhedii" no spaces or anything.

I also tried deleting the SLOT 4 and SLOT 5 parts from the characters' specific binds but every time I export to Inner Space they get overwritten. And obviously when I changed the character names to include the @_____ in ISBoxer it created three corresponding character bind .txts.

I'm about to go through the process and narrate as I go:

Launch team, log in to each of the three accounts
Mass invite - SLOT 2 gets it, I get an Error Inviting player (not found) for SLOT 3
SHIFT + END to invoke - all three slots try to invoke (WTF?)
/unbind_all on each slot, try inviting/invoking, nothing works (as expected)
/bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt on each, try inviting/invoking, same as before - SLOT 2 gets the invite, all 3 can invoke - FOLLOW does NOT work for any slot
/bind_load_file isboxer-3man-Rotand@tfabalfhedii-binds.txt, etc. for each slot - NO CHANGE

Here's my version of the screen shot you posted:

Current ISBoxer cfg: pastelink.me/dl/e1c2ca#sthash.CDCGCO8N.dpuf

I feel like I'm writing a lab report but hopefully that's all the info you would need.
Next

Return to Neverwinter