FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

1 gf and 4dc what would be best builds for them

Moderator: MiRai

<<

fredgsanford

Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:00 am

Re: 1 gf and 4dc what would be best builds for them

weird can't seem to get follow to work right. I got 1 char to follow but others seem to just follow others instead of the leader or even sometimes other players if there around them.
finally got the 5 accounts up though and there all around same lvl as manually took them to same lvl as my gf. But not sure why follow not working. Invite works but i have to press it several times to make it do so. Checked config and everything seems to be set right according to guide anyway.
For the bind.txt files i see it says to put isboxer-binds.txt in launcher settings but do i have to load other ones for each char in game or anything else like that? Should broadcasting be on ie the 2 things at top with the a's should both of them be on? Can't even seem to click on them most times to turn them on or off either for some reason.
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:42 pm

fredgsanford wrote:weird can't seem to get follow to work right. I got 1 char to follow but others seem to just follow others instead of the leader or even sometimes other players if there around them.
finally got the 5 accounts up though and there all around same lvl as manually took them to same lvl as my gf. But not sure why follow not working. Invite works but i have to press it several times to make it do so. Checked config and everything seems to be set right according to guide anyway.
For the bind.txt files i see it says to put isboxer-binds.txt in launcher settings but do i have to load other ones for each char in game or anything else like that? Should broadcasting be on ie the 2 things at top with the a's should both of them be on? Can't even seem to click on them most times to turn them on or off either for some reason.
No I would not turn on broadcasting.

Yes you need to load your binds once in EACH character though thankfully you should only need to load them once per character unless you change your group makeup or your keybinds.

Each time you launch your group, in your neverwinter live folder, you should see a file for each character in your group with a format something like:

isboxer-team_name-Character_Name-binds.txt (one file for each character on the team).

You can then do the following commands in the game client console to manually load them:

/clear
/Unbind_all
/bind_load_file isboxer-team_name-Character_Name-binds.txt

Note: '/clear' will clear chat logs so you can focus on new messages;

Note: '/Unbind_all' will clear all binds you have made or loaded. Very important to clear your previous binds if you have previously loaded binds and have made changes;

Note: '/bind_load_file isboxer-team_name-Character_Name-binds.txt' (or whatever name you gave your binds file) Will load your new binding and this seems Persistent across re-boots of the game client &/or PC;

Let us know if this solves your current issues...
<<

fredgsanford

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:33 am

will do for sure had them all following just before i logged for the night but never tested anything and it may have been because i had made sure they were all facing main char before i pressed v but will know tomorrow when i try it after first logging in etc for sure. A question I am using 1920x1080 and i notice in the actual file that sets that ie the keymap named VFX 1920x1080 that there are a lot of things not in it that are in the keymap for VFX 1920x1200 and I notice if i make any other char main one there are no vfx windows in it. Is that because of the missing steps in the 1920x1080 file? Also a lot of my other windows are not showing full window is that normal ie just the center part of screen on vfx windows shows?
is there a way to copy gui settings so all chars are using same settings as well as pretty hard to line them all up same without something to cope them?
Thanks again for all the help and pretty sure it will work now but will know better tomorrow just have to get to bed now :)
<<

fredgsanford

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:17 am

Tried today for a bit so far and follow now working and they will attack think i need to edit some maps to point to the right ones in combat keymaps though as a couple are set to use trickstr rogue and gf by default so guess just matter of changing them ie atm shift-f1 is set to only use gf tr. and some others like that to so no biggy fixing them as other maps are there.
Still wondering about vfx windows with others as lead they don't show i think because of my resolution and the extra steps not in the file for it?
Also when i do switch back forth between the chars to do things i can't without switching ie selling etc seems my mouse turn does not work at first not sure what i do to get it working but eventually it kicks in>????
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:44 am

fredgsanford wrote:Tried today for a bit so far and follow now working and they will attack think i need to edit some maps to point to the right ones in combat keymaps though as a couple are set to use trickstr rogue and gf by default so guess just matter of changing them ie atm shift-f1 is set to only use gf tr. and some others like that to so no biggy fixing them as other maps are there.
Still wondering about vfx windows with others as lead they don't show i think because of my resolution and the extra steps not in the file for it?
Also when i do switch back forth between the chars to do things i can't without switching ie selling etc seems my mouse turn does not work at first not sure what i do to get it working but eventually it kicks in>????
Not exactly sure either. For me combat & fire groups & follow all work fine. I turned off the inventory/trade stuff and just switch characters to trade/sell. Party Invites for me take multiple attempts and one character doesn't seem to get/accept it automatically though sharing quests seem fine. ASFAIK my mouse works fine when I switch around but then again I turned off most VFX except to see the other characters.
<<

fredgsanford

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:16 am

haven't got to play since that last msg been really busy and it sucks. Hopefully get back in game soon to play more so no updates atm.
<<

nodoze

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:37 pm

fredgsanford wrote:haven't got to play since that last msg been really busy and it sucks. Hopefully get back in game soon to play more so no updates atm.
I am with you there. Crazy busy at work so I haven't been able to play any games pretty much at all. Work has us locked down so we can't get to internet sites plus just not enough time to get full sleep lat alone games. Hopefully things balance out here soon.
Previous

Return to Neverwinter