FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

1 gf and 4dc what would be best builds for them

Moderator: MiRai

<<

fredgsanford

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:00 pm

1 gf and 4dc what would be best builds for them

thinking of starting neverwinter have not really played it other then a few mins so far but I want to start a 5 man team now instead of learning game first so my question would be what would be a good build for gf for this team and also and more important what would be best way to build the 4 clerics for this ie ability scores, stats, powers, feats etc type of build i mean and then for gear what should i be trying to get for stats as well etc.
Hopeing to do skirmishes foundry's and dungeons with this group if possible and any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:31 pm

Re: 1 gf and 4dc what would be best builds for them

fredgsanford wrote:thinking of starting neverwinter have not really played it other then a few mins so far but I want to start a 5 man team now instead of learning game first so my question would be what would be a good build for gf for this team and also and more important what would be best way to build the 4 clerics for this ie ability scores, stats, powers, feats etc type of build i mean and then for gear what should i be trying to get for stats as well etc.
Hopeing to do skirmishes foundry's and dungeons with this group if possible and any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
For Guardian Fighter I am running the "Knights Captain “Team Buff” Hybrid DPS / TANK Life Steal Build" with the Ioun stone of Allure.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showth ... ian+knight

When I got to 60 many months back for my Devoted Clerics I studied the following threads/build but they are now dated so I am not sure if they are still the best:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showth ... -and-build
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showth ... s-build%29

I ended up going with the regen tank build overall with some mods and am still using it OK but I am not sure it is tops.

The following are some other cleric threads that have been updated recently but I am not tried these builds so I can't speak to how good they are:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showth ... d-build%29

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showth ... eric-Build

http://clericguide.com/

I will try to circle back with more info when I can.
<<

fredgsanford

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:49 pm

Awesome will check them out thanks and great on the circling back with more info that would be great to.
Thanks

For a team of 1gf and 4dc should i make all the dc the same build?
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:38 pm

fredgsanford wrote:Awesome will check them out thanks and great on the circling back with more info that would be great to.
Thanks

For a team of 1gf and 4dc should i make all the dc the same build?
For more information you can find a List of NeverWinter Multi-Box Teams & Accomplishments here: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3956

Personally I have a 60 GF & 60 DC that I duo most places and I have done many of the 5mans on either my GF or my DC just to learn them... I also have a 5man team that I am leveling up (currently ~level 30) consisting of 2 Control Wizards & 3 Divine Clerics such that, across the 7 accounts, I plan to try the following combos:

-GF+DCx4 with 3+ Tank pets (my personal favorite idea to hopefully slow and steady heal though anything group);
-GF+DCx3+CWx1 (same as the above but the CW will be a 'chain cast Arcane Singularity' build like big carl wrote);
-GF+DCx2+CWx2 (same as the above but another CW to help with CC and add more DPS);

Note companion-wise I currently have Ioun Stones on my 60 GF+DC & I bought 3 purple Galeb Durs Tank Companions for my leveling party;

My thought with 4 DCs was to do as much AoE healing as possible to not have to deal as much with targeting individual party members to heal them... From memory I planned to have:

-Hallowed Ground (feated to heal) running in a round-robin across all 4 clerics such that it is up 100% of the time giving healing across a huge area;
-2 DC's round-robin to keep Divine mode Astral Sheilds up 100% on the 4 DCs (they will be in a tight group);
-2 DC's round-robin to keep Divine mode Astral Sheilds up 100% on the GF & the 3+ Tank Companions on the Boss;
-4 DCs use whatever Divinity "PiPs" they have remaining to cast Divine mode ForgeMasters Flame on the Boss to heal everyone (in Divinity mode FF also heals);
-4 DC's at wills put the seal which heals everyone attacking the boss & gives out temp hitpoints as well...

When "the adds" come I plan to leverage the new Neverboxer "Fire Team" capability leave multiple if not all the DC's on the boss (with their 3 Galub Dur's tanking) and have my GF go and round up the adds taunting and mowing them down until the next add cycle. If the GF can't get all the adds I plan to round-robin Sun-Burst in divinity mode to push adds back off the clerics until they are sufficently thinned...

Note that while I have experience solo and duo at cap I do not have a full 5man team at cap so realize my posts are my theories based upon what experience I have... That thread gives insights on the teams & tactics successful on taking down the 5 man instances to date. I would be remiss if I didn't point out that, thus far, the team that had the most success was a CW+DCx2+GF+TR (CW was in the foreground & focused on Crowd Control)...

One semi-successful team was a DCx5 with tank pets & did a strategy of "slow & steady AoE heal through anything" like I want to do... The DCx5 team with tank pets did great until the adds came and when the clerics focused on the adds their pets did also and then the boss came and it was too much damage in one area with too much chaos... The DCx5 team then tried to add a GF but I think that team was hampered by not having the new "Fire Teams" functionality which came out recently which allows some characters could stay focused on the boss and 1 or more others focus on the adds & frankly I think that player got burned out due to frustrating wipes...

Now that we have fire teams I think the GF+DCx4+tank-pets will be much more successful but that still needs to be proven... Even if that ends up being fully successful I personally plan to then slide in 1 or 2 CW's to add CC & increase DPS to try different combos...

Please report back what 5man team you decide to level and your progress in that thread I linked.

Also as a word of caution to be extra safe when leveling up a 5man team I would not do PVP and try to strictly do Foundry missions and skirmishes that don't require you to travel around as a group or to do questing in the public zones... I think the only ban in Neverwinter due to multi-boxing that I am aware of was likely due to PVP and while no one else has reported problems I would rather be safe than sorry... More info here: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4389
<<

fredgsanford

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:21 pm

cool thanks for info will def check that post out and also let you know what happens. having hard time getting into any game lately but want to try this atm although pretty busy here lately hopefully get a team going and yeah i need to read up on fire team stuff etc I am new to neverwinter and esp new to boxing the game hehe only really did a bit of wow multiboxing but not a lot and oh wait a bit of eq2 but never got that high lvl in it doing it. Friends stopped playing both so I kinda quit to. Hopefully this will keep me interested.
Was going to ask how you work on dif mobs with dif chars at same time but i guess that info is in fire team stuff so will read what i can find on that which is a part of neverboxer setup? Hopefully i can figure out how to set it for 4dc and gf to do what you were talking about as thats prob. what i will go with for now.

Also yeah I heard about that ban and do plan on doing skirmishes foundry's although no idea what ones to do atm :) only have a char at 12 atm. only playing i have done of the game so far really. Hehe I even bought a guardian pack during beta but never got to play till like this past week for a few mins :)
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:32 pm

fredgsanford wrote:cool thanks for info will def check that post out and also let you know what happens. having hard time getting into any game lately but want to try this atm although pretty busy here lately hopefully get a team going and yeah i need to read up on fire team stuff etc I am new to neverwinter and esp new to boxing the game hehe only really did a bit of wow multiboxing but not a lot and oh wait a bit of eq2 but never got that high lvl in it doing it. Friends stopped playing both so I kinda quit to. Hopefully this will keep me interested.
Was going to ask how you work on dif mobs with dif chars at same time but i guess that info is in fire team stuff so will read what i can find on that which is a part of neverboxer setup? Hopefully i can figure out how to set it for 4dc and gf to do what you were talking about as thats prob. what i will go with for now.

Also yeah I heard about that ban and do plan on doing skirmishes foundry's although no idea what ones to do atm :) only have a char at 12 atm. only playing i have done of the game so far really. Hehe I even bought a guardian pack during beta but never got to play till like this past week for a few mins :)
Understand. Between my job, charity-work, & 5 kids I can only play sporadically also...

Skirmished are easy to queue for as you just press 'L' in game and it will bring up a page with bunches of tabs and Queue tab will show you what skirmishes you can Q for based on your level. You can even Q from them and enter them from within Foundry missions. That being said I found skirmishes harder and slower to level in so I focused on Fondry missions myself...

The foundry suggestion thread has a lot of good info:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4252

I recommend reading the whole thing but in a nutshell the following are the most recommended:

- Solo Grind;
- 'Corrupted Avari redux (2 waves)';
- Tunnel Run;

Personally I just park my group of 5 at the entrance to Solo Grind which is also by design the entrance to 'Corrupted Avari redux (2 waves)' which I wrote to give myself an alternative to solo grind and a way to auto-damage myself (traps & lava) to test healing... Tunnel run starts from a different location so you need to move your whole 5man team but every once in a while it is worth doing that or others for a diversion/diversity...

Parking around that foundry entrance works well as there are merchants right there to sell to and empty your bags.

Regarding Foundry's some good gouge from Sylver is to understand that "...there are two timers for the foundry quests. Any of the big mobs only give Xp every 4 minutes. So don't kill them faster than that. Also, any foundry quests competed in under 15 minutes don't count and/or give reduced XP. This was implemented to reduce Foundry quest & XP farming. ... You'll notice that sometimes when you kill the ogre-mobs they only drop a couple coins or none at all. That's when you know you've run up against that 4 minute timer. ...".
<<

fredgsanford

Post Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:26 pm

Awesome info thanks. I was wondering about the skirmish xp for sure. but it would prob be good for diversion as well I think :) and thanks for the list will def check them out. only one i tried solo was something to do with hero its a solo one something about not wanting to be a hero anymore was kinda funny actually but can only do it 5 times it says anyway and being solo prob not worth doing with a team anyway.
Def going to check them ones you mention out though and will do some skirmishes to mostly just for something else to do i think if the xp is that bad.
So for foundry do i only have to q one char in group or have to do it on all and does that apply to skirmishes to ie one or all need to q?
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:52 am

fredgsanford wrote:Awesome info thanks. I was wondering about the skirmish xp for sure. but it would prob be good for diversion as well I think :) and thanks for the list will def check them out. only one i tried solo was something to do with hero its a solo one something about not wanting to be a hero anymore was kinda funny actually but can only do it 5 times it says anyway and being solo prob not worth doing with a team anyway.
Def going to check them ones you mention out though and will do some skirmishes to mostly just for something else to do i think if the xp is that bad.
So for foundry do i only have to q one char in group or have to do it on all and does that apply to skirmishes to ie one or all need to q?
Skirmishes are just harder/longer and while the XP per minute is less you do get good "blue" rewards that could make you more powerful while you level while the foundry quests only give greens. I wiped multiple times on skirmish bosses which turns me off on them but my team is just a leveling team of CWx2+DCx3 to join my existing level 60 GF & DC so my leveling has no Tank and thus I have no way to control aggro. Personally I don't worry too much about blues/greens while leveling as we out level gear pretty fast & you can get cheap gear from the Auction House...

For Skirmishes the Party leader can Q the team and they will all get the Q when it pops (even inside a foundry quest).

Foundry Quests are started by someone in the party clicking on the entrance and if everyone is close to the entrance (in the purple circle) they quest will start & if not they will get notified that their party is waiting on them. The two Foundries that I mentioned first have the same entrance so you can go into either. The key is, after you find the foundry quest the first time, is to mark it as one of your favorites so you can then go to your favorites tab and find it easily and thus not have to search for it everytime. Once the leader has the quest he can then share it with the rest of the party (NeverBoxer helps them accept with one key press from the main window without having to go into every window) and then the leader can click on the entrance and it will start if everyone is near the entrance. If you just left either of those quests you will be by the entrance so it will start pretty much right away. I just leave my 5man team parked there and only move them to sell (vendors are really close) and to run around the corner to get he daily fondry mission (Nyx (sp?) the kobold is right around the corner to get and turn in the daily so that location is great for that as well). There is also a mailbox real close but the only thing missing is a campfire but both Foundry quests start at a campfire so you can get in a team invocation...

Good Luck !
<<

fredgsanford

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:37 pm

Thanks and sorry for the delay been a bit busy plus a bit ill. Having problems atm creating some of my accounts seems its not sending confirm email oh well will give it overnight to see what happens. Maybe just busy on server. I manually had taken my gf to 14 so decided to do so with others as well before starting to try this. I had 3 accounts already so did them to catch up and tried make other 2 but no confirm email yet guess will wait and see what happens. Until them am on hold plus still not well and very busy anyway but was hoping to get them caught up at least this week :)

Thanks for all the help again btw it will help a lot. going to have to see how the fire teams work as i guess no way to do dungeons later without them i wouldn't think or are dungeons even possible multiboxing?
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:04 pm

fredgsanford wrote:Thanks and sorry for the delay been a bit busy plus a bit ill. Having problems atm creating some of my accounts seems its not sending confirm email oh well will give it overnight to see what happens. Maybe just busy on server. I manually had taken my gf to 14 so decided to do so with others as well before starting to try this. I had 3 accounts already so did them to catch up and tried make other 2 but no confirm email yet guess will wait and see what happens. Until them am on hold plus still not well and very busy anyway but was hoping to get them caught up at least this week :)

Thanks for all the help again btw it will help a lot. going to have to see how the fire teams work as i guess no way to do dungeons later without them i wouldn't think or are dungeons even possible multiboxing?
No worries. Real Life will & should take front seat!

Hopefully you were able to get your 5 accounts created. I didn't notice any slowness on Monday/Tuesday (been doing the daily quests & events at least) though today they patched and selecting characters via the gateway for professions is slow and sometimes failing...

Regarding the 5man Dungeons, the following, AT LEAST, have been confirmed to have been conquered by 5-man Multi-Box team(s):

-Abbreviation - Name - Gear Score - Rewards;
-CT--62 The Cloak Tower 5700 Seal of the Unicorn T1 Bracers;
-CC--62 Cragmire Crypts 5700 Seal of the Unicorn T1 Boots and Rings;
-TI--62 The Throne of Idris 6800 Seal of the Unicorn T1 Armor and Off Hands;
-TS--65 Temple of the Spider 8300 Seal of the Drake T2 Armor and Necklaces;

Most of them came after the Fire Team functionality was developed and earlier teams struggled without FireTeams. I suspect the earlier teams would have been more successful if they had had that functionality available to them.

Personally I plan to have my 4 DCs on one or two fire Teams and my GF on his own fire team... Most of the time they will all focus on the same target as the GF but I am thinking that during boss fights I want the DCs & pets on the boss & the GF on the boss till the adds come and then us the GF to gather up and mow down the adds (keeping the DCs safe) while the DCs & tank pets stay on the boss at range (with Tank Pets taunting the boss)... Hopefully two fire teams will be enough but I will add a third fire team to have the one or more of the DCs focus fire off the boss if/as needed...
Next

Return to Neverwinter