FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

GUIDE: Part 5 - Installing & Configuring NeverBoxer v1.x

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sylver

Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:07 pm

GUIDE: Part 5 - Installing & Configuring NeverBoxer v1.x

Return to DOWNLOAD/GUIDE: Parts 1-3 NeverBoxer v1.0 for ISBoxer & NWO

Portions of NeverBoxer are copyrighted, therefore the author no longer authorizes copies, portions or modified code from NeverBoxer to be posted, distributed or otherwise manipulated on this website or others without written consent. Instead, instructions on how to obtain the NeverBoxer 1.1a config may be obtained by emailing NeverBoxer@Gmail.com.

Part 5 - Installation & Configuration

NOTE: For brand new ISBoxer users, you may find that you cannot click or press keys at the startup screen or during gameplay. This is beause of two ISBoxer "features" which cause new users much greif. The first is that there is a "Toggle" menu that you may/will see up in the left hand corner of your screen. This is an ISBoxer default and needs to be turned off immediately. To do so, go into ISBoxer, look at under the "Menu" item in the upper left hand panel's list of items, and deactivate the "Toggle" menu. The second feature that many people starting out are not aware of is that of turning key maps on and off. SOmetimes you may want to chat or do other things in game and to do so, you need to temporarily turn off the key maps (what you are using ISBoxer for) and then turn them on again when you are done. To do so, simply press CTRL+SHIFT+M. Hopefully knowledge of these two stumbling blocks will help you get acquainted with how ISBoxer works and how to turn troublesome features on and off when needed.

If you are using pre-existing characters from another NeverBoxer version, or that you have previously used in Neverwinter, please take the time to log into that character, use the command "/unbind_all" in the chat window to clear any old binds out of the game before installing NeverBoxer 1.0. This helps prevent any confusion by starting your character and character set out on a clean slate.

Downloading & Installing NeverBoxer

- Obtain the latest NeverBoxer by emailing NeverBoxer@Gmail.com.

- Extract the NeverBoxer_v_X-X.xml file from the NeverBoxer.ZIP archive into the Innerspace folder (typically: "C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace") and the NeverBoxer directory into "...\InnerSpace\Scripts\ISBoxer Images" directory for NeverBoxer to function properly.

- In ISBoxer, open the NeverBoxer_v_X_XX.xml file, and export settings to Innerspace. This will generate all of the bind and configuration files needed to use the NeverBoxer configuration in Neverwinter.

- Refer to the install guide that came with NeverBoxer for the detailed installation steps.

Once installed and configured, simply move your mouse to each of the mini-windows, select the character you want with a double click and it will start loading that character into the game. Finish up with your SLOT1 character and you'll all be loaded up in no-time. Once in game, simply press "Shift + insert" from your party leader to do a party invite to all members. Then simply mouse into the VFX mini-windows, Press the Alt key to gain focus and accept the invites in the order that you want them in your party.

Most of you will want to start out using the default NeverBoxer "look and feel". However, to do so, you will need to rearrange your GUI (or UI). See the NeverBoxer install guide to help you.

Good luck with multi-boxing with NeverBoxer, ISBoxer and Neverwinter!

Return to DOWNLOAD/GUIDE: Parts 1-3 NeverBoxer v1.0 for ISBoxer & NWO

Copyright 2013 R M Thomas
Last edited by Sylver on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:22 am, edited 27 times in total.
- Sylver
<<

Biggcarl

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:00 am

Re: GUIDE: Part 5 - Installing & Configuring NeverBoxer v1.x

i did step by step didnt skip a thing and at the end my chracters didnt have any gameprefs.pref virtulaize AS field filled out.

also when i switch the vfx to 1920x1080 i get your target-1 but vfx 1920x180- has at least one action being sent to a specific target already. This is liking assigning a hotkey to vfx 1920x1080 and then switching to each window in 1 and pressing that hotkey in each. generally one or hte other should sue window:current to prevent the action from going to unintended targets, or from happening more hten one time.

also i do not have any vid.

and some how i have the green boxes and the keymap broadcasting icons as well from standard isboxer

still having issues with specific hot keys not working. im gonna totaly delete isboxer redown load it and start fresh... im getting things from other character sets even though i started the toolset and cliked clear and started fresh

deleted interspace folder reinstalled now i am following hte guide again step by step
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:02 am

Biggcarl wrote:... your target-1 but vfx 1920x180- has at least one action being sent to a specific target already. This is liking assigning a hotkey to vfx 1920x1080 and then switching to each window in 1 and pressing that hotkey in each. generally one or hte other should sue window:current to prevent the action from going to unintended targets, or from happening more hten one time.

and some how i have the green boxes and the keymap broadcasting icons as well from standard isboxer

still having issues with specific hot keys not working. im gonna totaly delete isboxer redown load it and start fresh... im getting things from other character sets even though i started the toolset and cliked clear and started fresh

deleted interspace folder reinstalled now i am following hte guide again step by step
My approach for previous versions has been to fully Clear the ISBoxer Toolkit Profile (with everything checked including "yes Delete them") before loading previous version. I never manually un-installed/re-installed ISBoxer nor Innerspace (regularly update both via the tools) & hopefully that isn't required.

In v0.9 I remember getting and had no issues when I ignored the warning messages that read something like "...has at least one action being sent to a specific target already. This is like assigning a hotkey to ... and then switching to each window and pressing that hotkey in each. generally one or the other should use window:current to prevent the action from going to unintended targets, or from happening more then one time".

In v0.9 I also had "the green boxes and the keymap broadcasting icons as well from standard isboxer" but never took the time to figure out how to get rid of them (not sure if I also had them in v0.8 or v0.6). I also would like to get rid of them when I use v1.0.
<<

AmmerBo

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:26 am

So what your saying is, that if all my in game characters are named like this "FirstName LastName" or "Fruit Loops". I'm screwed. can't use neverboxer without renaming them all with without spaces?????
<<

Biggcarl

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:30 am

Ok so i started fresh! i got video feeds now that works great.
its however not loading the keybinds i had to do it manulally

now slot 2 and 4 follow but slot 3 and 5 do not....

ok so i manually reloaded all the keybidns and they seem to be following good and i can get them to use their encounters but they will not use their mouse attacks.
Last edited by Biggcarl on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Multiboxing: (Mul-ti-box-ing)1.physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effects.
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:40 am

Biggcarl wrote:i did step by step didnt skip a thing and at the end my chracters didnt have any gameprefs.pref virtulaize AS field filled out.

also when i switch the vfx to 1920x1080 i get your target-1 but vfx 1920x180- has at least one action being sent to a specific target already. This is liking assigning a hotkey to vfx 1920x1080 and then switching to each window in 1 and pressing that hotkey in each. generally one or hte other should sue window:current to prevent the action from going to unintended targets, or from happening more hten one time.

Thanks for the feedback - looks like I have some work to do still. ;)

The "vfx 1920x1080- has at least one action being sent to a specific target already" can be ignored. I will look and adjust the code to keep that from popping up, but it doesn't hurt anything.

When you say you don't have any vid, what do you mean? Mini windows?

I noticed that my instructions in the setup wizard were perhaps not quite clear enough, so I added some clarification. The "Green bar" is from the "MMO standard" adding a transparent overlay bar. In my guide I mentioned selecting "MMO Standard", but didn't specifically state at the drop down list at the top of the screen. At the bottom of the screen you need to unclick the "Standard MMO Combat - boradcasting of 1 through =". Apparently I forgot to include the link to the screenshot in the guide showing the box not being checked. Re-running the wizard and following those steps will remove the "Green Bar".

EDIT - I will make sure to add "The Green Bar" to the FAQ page when I write it up over the weekend... :idea:
Last edited by Sylver on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Sylver
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:45 am

AmmerBo wrote:So what your saying is, that if all my in game characters are named like this "FirstName LastName" or "Fruit Loops". I'm screwed. can't use neverboxer without renaming them all with without spaces?????

Nobody has yet to find a workaround for this issue and it has been discussed in other threads already as well. The problem is actually Neverwinter - the target and invite commands are *very* picky and for names with a space in the middle, those cryptic commands simply don't work.

Since Cryptic makes us pay for name changes, this is a real problem...

If you are wanting to multi-box, it is best to make a party all at once and level them together for sharing content (skirimishes, dungeons, etc while leveling).

It is unfortunate that one has to start new characters or spend some AD/Zen to get character's names changed - sry. :cry:
Last edited by Sylver on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Sylver
<<

Biggcarl

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:52 am

Sylver wrote:
Biggcarl wrote:i did step by step didnt skip a thing and at the end my chracters didnt have any gameprefs.pref virtulaize AS field filled out.

The "vfx 1920x1080- has at least one action being sent to a specific target already" can be ignored. I will look and adjust the code to keep that from popping up, but it doesn't hurt anything.

I noticed that my instructions in the setup wizard were perhaps not quite clear enough, so I will add some clarification. The "Green bar" is from the "MMO standard" adding a transparent overlay bar. In my guide I mentioned selecting "MMO Standard", but didn't specifically state at the drop down list at the top of the screen. At the bottom of the screen you need to unclick the "Standard MMO Combat - boradcasting of 1 through =". Apparently I forgot to include the screenshot showing the box not being checked. I will update that soonest! Re-running the wizard and following those steps will remove the "Green Bar".

i ment i didnt have the vfx feeds i got that working...

the biggest issue is not all the keybinds work right. like i hit f2 and it casts e on some toons r on others... caps doesnt enter divinity on the other targets... its a real clusterfuck atm.

invite also doesnt work. i looked at the bind.txt files and invite only has the name. ie angiline instead of angilne@***
<<

Sylver

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:57 am

Biggcarl wrote:
Sylver wrote:

I noticed that my instructions in the setup wizard were perhaps not quite clear enough, so I will add some clarification. The "Green bar" is from the "MMO standard" adding a transparent overlay bar. In my guide I mentioned selecting "MMO Standard", but didn't specifically state at the drop down list at the top of the screen. At the bottom of the screen you need to unclick the "Standard MMO Combat - boradcasting of 1 through =". Apparently I forgot to include the screenshot showing the box not being checked. I will update that soonest! Re-running the wizard and following those steps will remove the "Green Bar".

i ment i didnt have the vfx feeds i got that working...

the biggest issue is not all the keybinds work right. like i hit f2 and it casts e on some toons r on others... caps doesnt enter divinity on the other targets... its a real clusterfuck atm.

invite also doesnt work. i looked at the bind.txt files and invite only has the name. ie angiline instead of angilne@***

- Try re-running the Quick Setup Wizard and unclicking the "Standard MMO" clickbox at the bottom and see if that helps.

- The whole name should be there. Check your character's name inside of ISBoxer. The name should read as "Angilne@MYEMAILACCOUNT.COM".

Look at the top left of this screenshot and you can see it:

Let me know if this solves your problem. I will add a note to the guide explicitly stating that the entire name must be added before and after the "@".
- Sylver
<<

Biggcarl

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:02 am

I did that i folloed the guide exactly. SO i created the character named it angiline@cc1234 thats character @ the account name then i put actuall name of character if different as Angiline then below that angilne@cc1234 here is a privepaste link

http://privatepaste.com/b574debf1f
Next

Return to Neverwinter