FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

GUIDE: Part 5 - Installing & Configuring NeverBoxer v1.x

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mrmagoo

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: GUIDE: Part 5 - Installing & Configuring NeverBoxer v1.x

Sylver wrote:So to sum it all up - the reason I made NeverBoxer was to help people just load it up and play.
For those who enjoy migranes, well, mod away. ;)

I do enjoy migraines, just not bashing my head against an impossibly thick wall. Reading over the neverboxer config has been immensely helpful and given me a whole bunch of new ideas for my other Rift setup to boot. So the exercise is not in vein. I will still hack away at it.

Last night was the end of a long sunday fighting with it and I was quite frustrated - sorry if I vented a bit and it sounded like whining, it wasn't.

Even after I wrote this post I solved the follow issue and have even more ideas for that, I compiled a master list of all the console commands and while doing so had a bunch of ideas for improvements and got a window layout working similar to the way I use Rift and that is now working well (actually better than rift because I use the "graphics quality"" modifier in a unique way).
And that is while I was frustrated. ;)

I most definitely enjoy a challenge but I have to say the window layout stuff is very unpredictable and the most unsatisfying part of all of this. Regardless of the reason (and there is no way the stuff I have seen over the past few weeks is NOT a bug - it just is, we should accept it) it is not working as you would expect - even if you do use it in a standard way such as my Rift setup. However you can make it work if you bash away at it and try stuff that should not make a difference but does etc.
But that part I do not enjoy at all. It is not so much a challenge as a crap shoot into a barrel of dynamite like I have said.
Last edited by mrmagoo on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:12 pm

Yeah, it's really wierd that Neverwinter has no directional controls like most games. If you tell the party to mve forward, for example, they do - but in the direction each one happens to be facing! :lol: Its a mess - so, I have them lock onto the currently active character as a directional point of reference, and then, they move in unison.

Having successfully multi-boxed this dam thing feels like having mastered the controls of a Boeing 747. ;)
- Sylver
<<

mrmagoo

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:49 pm

Sylver wrote:Having successfully multi-boxed this dam thing feels like having mastered the controls of a Boeing 747. ;)

Totally get that. Even though I have yet to fight anyone (?!) I can see it already being far more challenging than Rift. (ironically with less spell buttons!)

In fact in Rift one of the disappointing aspects was that once I have my chars setup properly they were too easy to use and it got boring.

I loved when I wiped on a boss because it meant I had more configuring work to be done and new strategies to try etc.
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:47 pm

mrmagoo wrote:I loved when I wiped on a boss because it meant I had more configuring work to be done and new strategies to try etc.

Well, then Neverwinter is the game for you! :lol:
- Sylver
<<

mrmagoo

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:30 am

Solved my follow, target and the bind import problem. Probably a bunch of other things that I have yet to come across too.

Its all about the quotes.

Here's one:
“Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.”
― Charles Bukowski

Cannot be bothered reposting, if you give a shit it is at this URL:

http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4580&p=20652#p20652
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:10 pm

Very cool finds and I hope it is working out for you.

Sorry I haven't been able to be on as much as before as between work picking up and the kids going back to school I have had little time to play games lately. What little time I have had has been split between Neverwinter & DDO (DDO just launched their new expansion with a new level cap and new character customization that caused all my characters to need to be redone)...
<<

mrmagoo

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:33 pm

No problem. I have a lot of free time on my hands at the moment (as if you couldn't tell!) due to my health and this is all a welcome distraction for someone who is used to being active 99.9% of the waking day. :)

It is going very well in the land of NW.

I have run my first instance. Found a bunch of tweaks that needed to be made and still wrapping my head around the rotations. My characters are too lowbie to worry about it and I will leave the advanced re-designing till they have all their skills.
I also tested out my "new" (and dirt cheap) fang gamepad which has been totally amazing. It looks "cheap" in the photos but feels and operates exceptionally well.
I also have a USB 3 switch foot switch and a rebound numberpad which I have been using also. I might post about it later when I undoubtedly get bored again.

One thing I cannot work out is exactly why a double mouse click and then hold is required before the range characters will fight. I know it is to do with targeting but I did not find any settings or info that told me what action is being implemented there. Is it just a straight target or something more? I am going to be playing with that to find out why. I want to be able to just hold and will be looking to automate that part. :)

The main reason is that I REAAAAALLLLYYYY want to get rid of mouse1/2 fighting. It drives me nuts and makes my characters look very multiboxy when they start swinging at the air while I am configuring things.

Of course I am using every key on the gamepad currently so it will be interesting how I am gonna work that one... :)
<<

Sylver

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:07 pm

mrmagoo wrote:One thing I cannot work out is exactly why a double mouse click and then hold is required before the range characters will fight. I know it is to do with targeting but I did not find any settings or info that told me what action is being implemented there. Is it just a straight target or something more? I am going to be playing with that to find out why. I want to be able to just hold and will be looking to automate that part. :)

The main reason is that I REAAAAALLLLYYYY want to get rid of mouse1/2 fighting. It drives me nuts and makes my characters look very multiboxy when they start swinging at the air while I am configuring things.

The double mouse click is there because of the Fire Teams, which allow you to attack mutiple targets simultaneously. The first marks the target and the second one follows up with an attack... You only have to do it once per new target tho - just hold it down after that like you said. I know I've not finished the play guide completely, but it explains some of that there...

As for the 1/2 fighting - that's easy. Go into each character's in-game config and assign the At-will attacks to a different key. Then in NeverBoxer, go to the mouse1/2 keymaps and remove them or have them echo out the mouseclicks. Then you can click with reckless abandon.
- Sylver
<<

mrmagoo

Post Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:17 pm

Thanks for that! I has thought the double click was something neverwinter related (not neverboxer) but I could not find. I did look at the NB keymap and did not see a two-step so I was scratching my head. :?:

I assume the first is to make sure the "position char" keymap (and its linked auto-targeting) "sticks" and people stop moving and the second and hold is just to launch the general attack.

Is that right?
The lack of two steps confused my brain stem. :)

Currently thinking about adding a home made foot mouse to go with my 3 button footpad.
This guy has inspired me. Also having a special set of slippers for playing mmos is one old-timey pipe short of refined. (although I would use one of those electric smoking pipes to avoid the cancer)
http://www.instructables.com/id/foot-operated-computer-mouse/

I have the buttons already and just need to add a mouse and put it on a comfortable angle. (flat is not very ergonomic)
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:59 pm

Sylver,

Been using 1.1 fine for my 5man but stopped leveling to them to focus on the Feydark at 60 with my duo (plus playing games overall less and dong DDO again). For my level 60s using v1.1 I created a new group for my duo and selected the VFX for just 2 windows for when duoing on my GF+DC. I am getting freezes again when right clicking on things in game (like to change instances and right click on characters etc...).

I seem to remember having similar freezing occurances on ~v0.6 or more likely v0.8 or v0.9 and for sure it was fixed when I was stable on ~v0.9a (I had both a 5man and 2man setup before also). For some reason I am remembering it had something to do with VFX or maybe the trade windows or inventory or something like that. Things were fine for my 5man but this new 2 man is freezing quite a bit.

Did a brief search an didn't find where we discussed & resolved it and don't really want to go back through all those many pages of many threads looking for the needle in the haystack.

Do you remember off hand what the cause & fix was ?
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter